Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Top 5 underrated weapons in halo 5 (revised)

OP StevetheHaloGod

I'm on my phone, so I'm ma keep this short. They don't need an explanation why because intelligent players know why these weapons are often ignored, used ineffectively, and under appreciated.

(Not in any order)
Light rifle
Suppressor
Plasma pistol
Hydra launcher
Plasma launcher
Plasma launcher
Storm rifle? Plasma caster?
Gotta say the AR is actually really underated
I just can't understand why the hydra launcher is ignored! That is the first weapon that I go for if it is in the map that I am playing in.
Hated the hydra at the start but now I love it, was mainly my control scheme at first that made ads difficult
Plasma caster
Hydra
plasma pistol

no one hardly ever picks these up.
I hated the hydra thought it was useless than I learnt how to use and now I love it
The Hydra was underrated even before it was buffed (locking time was definitely reduced)... now it's a beast of a weapon.
plasma caster is a radical weapon.
vSYK wrote:
why? almost eveyone uses it.

If we include wz reqs, I'd say open hand is the most underrated of them all
Bolt shot
Binary Rifle (It may be used by a few people on the maps that it is on but most dislike it.)
Plasma Pistol
Plasma Caster
Hydra Launcher
Light rifle (and it's variations in warzone), bolt shot variations, and most of all the hydra. The hydra is such a beast, I laugh remembering how bad I was with it when I started.
every weapon in the game
nekrulz wrote:
vSYK wrote:
why? almost eveyone uses it.

If we include wz reqs, I'd say open hand is the most underrated of them all
Agreed. Open Hand is a 3 shot kill with homing bullets for 3 req points.. It's pretty much whispered truth w/o the speed boost.
I would argue that the biri should be on there in place of the lr or pp just because lr is incredibly strong and I do see a lot of people using it, and the pp is a great utility weapon that I also see being used a lot the biri however people don't really get it but out of all the snipers it does the most vehicle damage it takes out things like even warthogs in about 2 shots. Another I could argue would be the scattershot people all say it sucks and what not but if you use it right and bounce it the right way you basically have a long range shotgun that can do full damage at the farthest tick range of a blaze of glory