Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Top 8 mistakes players do in Warzone

OP K27R

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
K27R wrote:


#7 Not hopping in your ally's warthog turret.

Unless you have a perfectly good reason or a power weapon, get your -Yoink- in that empty turret soldier! The driver of the vehicle wouldn't have to wait around doing nothing if someone just had a brain and realised (empty turret + me = get in). Got it?

I would jump in , but unfortunately, 90% of the community has no clue of how to drive a warthog. Not to mention the Halo 5 warthogs are weak.
K27R wrote:


#7 Not hopping in your ally's warthog turret.

Unless you have a perfectly good reason or a power weapon, get your -Yoink- in that empty turret soldier! The driver of the vehicle wouldn't have to wait around doing nothing if someone just had a brain and realised (empty turret + me = get in). Got it?

I would jump in , but unfortunately, 90% of the community has no clue of how to drive a warthog. Not to mention the Halo 5 warthogs are weak.
Exactly, to weak and bouncy.
I don't usually read everything in such a long post but This is a great list! A couple of things I might dispute but I wouldn't say I have a strong enough argument! Nice one! :)
K27R wrote:
Not going for the first legendary boss sets you up for a loss. That early 150 points can make a whole oad of difference. If you want backup when taking an enemy base then don't be a lone wolf. How are your team supposed to know if one guy or a group of guys is attacking a base unless they go with you. Also, don't complain about how people don't help lone wolves, JOIN A FIRETEAM Halo LFG, you can find a full team in 20 mins max. What is the point of lone wolfing if you want people to help you....That is just dumb. This is basically you just ranting about how people have a different playstyle than you in Warzone.
The point with kind wolfing is A: if you are aware of the intentions or direction the lone wolf is going, follow and support him. You stand a more likely chance at succeeding. 4/10 though, they can manage on their own.
If you follow a lone wolf then they are not a lone wolf....
everytime something like this happens
Can't say I disagree with any in the OP but one I think is worthy of adding is when people don't team shoot a Banshee. Two or three BR's all focusing fire can rip a Banshee to pieces (not Ultra of course) and it's annoying to be the only one attacking it while seeing the pilot rack up kills constantly.
K27R wrote:
#1 Not pursuing the Fortress/Monument/Spire and doing other stuff.

Unless your team captures these areas at the start of each round, you are guaranteed to lose. I don't know why many players go hunting for meaningless bullet sponge "bosses" instead of capturing the most crucial area of the whole map from the beginning, it just makes more sense to go and capture the main base before worrying about anything else, because if you don't, the enemy team will benefit and you will fall flat on your feet.
I would argue that the armory is more important at the beginning. Without the armory, you're forced to spawn at home base every time, much further away.

That's why people rush for the enemy armory and get the middle base later.

Quote:
#7 Not hopping in your ally's warthog turret.

Unless you have a perfectly good reason or a power weapon, get your -Yoink- in that empty turret soldier! The driver of the vehicle wouldn't have to wait around doing nothing if someone just had a brain and realised (empty turret + me = get in). Got it?
8 out of 10 times getting in a vehicle means the driver is terrible (sometimes they drive me directly inside of armories), or the other team is just going to shoot me out anyway. Why take the chance?
There is no evidence to support your claim. Please give me data.
Exactly what evidence would you need?
HK Thaniel wrote:
#1 simply not true and #7 I despise. I cannot stand when a random spartan hops into my warthog. I actually purposely kill him for it. I cannot stand that -Yoink-. If I honk the horn then sure hop in but if I have strategically placed my vehicle somewhere then STAY THE -Yoink- OUT OF IT!
Completely agree.
HOWEVER...
We need a better way to communicate that the vehicle is strategically placed and needs to stay, as opposed to when you spawned it and want to gun with someone else as a driver.

Granted, EVERYONE should know to leave gungooses alone at the back of the core room in wz assault. But aside from that, the situation is usually unclear.
Okay, to sum this all up OP I want you to look at the roots of warzone. Its was meant to be a casual playlist until guys (probably like you as well) decided to make it competitive. For what I wonder, for Achilles? Hell that looks ugly (in my opinion at least) and hey, if you or any competitive players is reading this and has trouble with casuals like me who play for fun and whose life are more than video games then go and play with a 12 member fireteam and stop complaining about it on the forums.
Gosh, you competitive lone wolfs drive me crazy. ( RvB anyone?)
^
this
  1. The middle base is not crucial to victory. Points are. Holding the middle base is advantageous on noctus or arc, but is detrimental on dark star.
  2. You want to help fine, but don't sprint next to me wildly firing a scattershot when I have advanced sensors and silenced weapons for a reason. Some people are better off on their own.
  3. Kind of agree with you on this one people get too focused on Capping the next base and not on defending what they have.
  4. Bases are not the be all and end all of the game it depends on advantage and boss access, sometimes it isn't worth it.
  5. That is just teamwork you watch out for your teammates
  6. Nope, I'll kill the bloody boss any way I want.
  7. Nope, bad drivers are more common than good ones and I'm better with a dmr than a turret.
  8. This has only happened to me a handful of times. Report them and be done with it
Now the one actual mistake people make? Not playing to have fun...
This is the proper list. I have to agree with every thing here.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3