1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15
Sword Base.
Personally, my least favorites are Fathom and Pegasus. I actually really like Torque, and Riptide is my favorite. But, that's just me.
Sword Base.
sword base was good for headhunter. that's about it lol
Orion would love a word with you (and 343i to see if they remember that poor map)
Uh no. I love Torque.
Sword Base.
sword base was good for headhunter. that's about it lol
Whaaaaaattt I loved Sword Base it was the best for infection, especially before the high ledge was ruled out of bounds. It was great for Swat and Slayer too, the Lift Room and Damaged Hall are where I remember some of my best battles and multi-kills in from Reach, Sword Base was the best man.
Aesthetically, the map is beautiful and I like the moving parts, (even though looking at the sky can make me a little dizzy) but the map is VERY narrow and VERY long, and 2 hammers is a little over kill, and a -Yoink- to get from one side to the other, but hey, every map has its pros and cons, infact I think Torque is getting more hate than regret
I don't mind it.
Spoyle wrote:
Two overpowered hammers, rockets, open planned with barely any usable cover, poor base design.
If you are aware of a worse map please post it,
I think the map had too much cover, now they removed some so its better. However, I think the rocket should be removed and the hammer placed in the center. The sides should then have a type of shotgun.
I dislike Torque because it is a slow map to play 4 v. 4 matches on, and a very difficult map to have lengthy, competitive matches on with CTF and Assault gametypes.

If you go down in numbers, getting to a point on the map to put shots on an objective is difficult.

Granted, that's why you shouldn't die, but at the same time CTF on Coliseum and Truth are more intense due to the more intimate setting.

I would argue that Riptide and Torque should be social-only maps.

I like Overgrowth better now that they removed the sword. That was a much-needed adjustment.

I don't think the gravity hammer should be in any competitive playlist.
The absolute worst map in Halo history is Isolation from Halo 3, it's an ugly map that has no recognizable points.
I personally HATE riptide. its the layout of the map that I REALLY DO NOT LIKE
The absolute worst map in Halo history is Isolation from Halo 3, it's an ugly map that has no recognizable points.
But...I loved Isolation.
Ahem... chiron tl-34
Could you be anymore dramatic? It's not even the worst H5 map
NWO Malice wrote:
Longbow or spire.
Longbow was way better than spire.
It took a little getting used-to, but I like Torque. My only beef with it is that the aesthetics are too similar to those in Empire. I would like it more if it had a different look or color to it.
xTPGx wrote:
Aesthetically, the map is beautiful and I like the moving parts, (even though looking at the sky can make me a little dizzy) but the map is VERY narrow and VERY long, and 2 hammers is a little over kill, and a -Yoink- to get from one side to the other, but hey, every map has its pros and cons, infact I think Torque is getting more hate than regret
It seems that all of then new maps 343 makes are in terms of looks, the best in the game but the arguably worst for gameplay
It took a little getting used-to, but I like Torque. My only beef with it is that the aesthetics are too similar to those in Empire. I would like it more if it had a different look or color to it.
I don't really see how this map is aesthetically similar to Empire
Torque is actually pretty good, IMO. The layout is perfect. I ca spawn and immediately know where I am, where the other team will be coming from. There's good situational awareness on that map. There is enough cover, sight lines are decent, and power weapons can be removed and shuffled around at a later date if need be.

Riptide is probably my least favorite. Small, yet somehow confusing to navigate, no matter how many times I've played it. Don't much care care for asymmetrical maps any way, but hell, even Eden is easier to navigate and play on.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 15