Skip to main content
Hey, how have you been with toxicity in this game?
Lately I have come across really annoying people who send me messages saying that they have played me back for cheating, or sometimes when I play poorly especially in ranked they send rude messages.

Let me know how you handle this matter. :)
If I get any toxic messages I just ignore them. A random person on the internets opinion of me means nothing
I don't pay them any mind. I was a child once too.
Most of the remaining population is just sweats, it's not surprising they're becoming toxic.
It's unfortunately something that will inevitably happen at some point and I would simply recommend to take content from these messages with a pinch of salt.
Most of the remaining population is just sweats, it's not surprising they're becoming toxic.
"sweats"?
Ironaria wrote:
"sweats"?
It means they sweat while they play they are trying so hard and are so invested. Very good players who take things a bit too seriously basically.
You almost have to just ignore them. Otherwise you'll be spending more time outside of the game than in it... and at the end of the day, it's not really worth it...
I always ignore their messages, there will always have stupid personn in the world.

The most annoying is when a toxic player betray you, the banishment option isn't available for the first betrays !

I made a video to show how betrays can be annoying :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jazz88pnMMg&list=PLq1r4l-D-xHFUO3DEo907UVU-h-AkwYjL&index=2&t=2s&ab_channel=STigerSTiger
If they send you a message that they reported you they are trying to bait you into retaliating with an offensive message so they can report the message. Best thing to do is ignore and or block communications.
BIGB EC wrote:
If they send you a message that they reported you they are trying to bait you into retaliating with an offensive message so they can report the message. Best thing to do is ignore and or block communications.
Yep. If you have to respond, do it with politeness.

Reporting on Xbox does very little, so it is inconsequential in the grand scheme. I've had a few messages like this and typically respond with "neat' or "thank you!".
Just ignore them. They'll lose interest eventually.
BIGB EC wrote:
Too true
Just ignore them. They'll lose interest eventually.
^^^ I'm not particularly amazing or good in ranked either and there are some quite toxic people. If they're there to do really well in ranked they'll have a team or group of ppl with them and not play with randos, don't sweat it!
I run across them constantly but they always come from people who are horrible at the game and blame you for being better than them or they're people who are sweaty and take things way too seriously. I ignore them and move on, but it usually cracks me up when people do that. Its a game and it doesn't need to be taken so seriously.

Honestly just ignore them and take comfort in the fact that these people probably aren't going anywhere in their life outside of Halo. Let that stuff roll off your back like water and move on. Besides, I found that you run into more positive players more frequently anyway, especially if you block the toxic ones who go out of their way to be a menace. Don't lose hope.
I’ve always found them to be humorous. Everyone has bad games every now and then. So I just enjoy a good read and hope to match them again to crush em 😏
Im more disappointed by the generic insults. Always enjoy a hate message that somebody put some creativity into.