Skip to main content
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Mongerty wrote:
BIGB EC wrote:
If they send you a message that they reported you they are trying to bait you into retaliating with an offensive message so they can report the message. Best thing to do is ignore and or block communications.
Yep. If you have to respond, do it with politeness.

Reporting on Xbox does very little, so it is inconsequential in the grand scheme. I've had a few messages like this and typically respond with "neat' or "thank you!".
Nice, i had only one bad message and i respond "blessings to you"
I was letting my friend mess around in Firefight on my account and he lost one of the games and one of the tm8s messages him “Estupido” and we laughed for prob 10 whole minutes
How I look at people projecting negativity, is because they're not happy within themselves.

When people are going out of their way to humiliate you or put you down - not being constructive or helpful - is because they're looking to fill a void.

That can be to either make themselves feel better by putting you down so they feel superior, or to simply feel satisfaction by attempting to hurt you.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't say ignore it but understand where it is coming from. Understand that it is coming from a place of lack and insecurity, and know that it shouldn't make you feel any less or low about yourself; as they're attempting to bring you down to how they're really feeling.

At the end of the day we are all human beings, and this will happen in any public community; with a smaller population it will definitely become more common.

Personally, if you are feeling that there is a lack of 'community' in Halo 5, look at what you can do to change it positively. Obviously not saying that you have to do this, but sending out a 'GG' or a 'Good game well played :)' to your fellow or opposing team can go a long way; it can make someone feel better than they were originally :)

I'm really passionate about community, self development and mental health, hence why I've gone very in depth with this post; don't mind me haha

Thank you for bringing this to light iGETTER, I hope this brought you or anyone reading this some insight and clarity.

Much love my Halo homies <3
How I look at people projecting negativity, is because they're not happy within themselves.

When people are going out of their way to humiliate you or put you down - not being constructive or helpful - is because they're looking to fill a void.

That can be to either make themselves feel better by putting you down so they feel superior, or to simply feel satisfaction by attempting to hurt you.

At the end of the day, I wouldn't say ignore it but understand where it is coming from. Understand that it is coming from a place of lack and insecurity, and know that it shouldn't make you feel any less or low about yourself; as they're attempting to bring you down to how they're really feeling.

At the end of the day we are all human beings, and this will happen in any public community; with a smaller population it will definitely become more common.

Personally, if you are feeling that there is a lack of 'community' in Halo 5, look at what you can do to change it positively. Obviously not saying that you have to do this, but sending out a 'GG' or a 'Good game well played :)' to your fellow or opposing team can go a long way; it can make someone feel better than they were originally :)

I'm really passionate about community, self development and mental health, hence why I've gone very in depth with this post; don't mind me haha

Thank you for bringing this to light iGETTER, I hope this brought you or anyone reading this some insight and clarity.

Much love my Halo homies <3
Wow dude!! You have an amazing point of view, I've never seen it that way.
It's unfortunate these things happen. Just ignore the haters.
lGetteR wrote:
Wow dude!! You have an amazing point of view, I've never seen it that way.
Thanks so much mate, I really appreciate that

I'm really glad that you valued my insight :)
As a "Sweaty" player myself, i've recieved many messages like this. If they're angry enough to send you a message it's either a compliment to your abilities as a good player, or if you didn't do well they're mostly just mad at the situation and themselves.
Halo 5 is one of the most competitive Halo games out there. It was specifically made in mind for E-Sports and has a huge competitive side of players. Because of this, there tends to be a lot of people who take the game way too seriously and therefor will say very mean things to people who don't do what they want. These type of people think they're the best and everyone else is beneath them and everything they do is invalid. They're some of the worst types of players I've ever had the displeasure of meeting and I hope Halo Infinite takes the multiplayer side of things into a more casual friendly type of play. Have different playlists for Ranked, Casual, Firefight, and Custom games. They cant blend casual and competitive game modes without having consequences, such as mean competitive people
I really don't like Halo 5 and I'm glad I don't play it anymore. I'm sorry you're having to deal with these mean players and hopefully they won't be as common in Halo Infinite. Good luck with those kinds of people
One person tried to tell me I live in mexico lol (I live in california)
He said "how is it in mexico"
Lot of great points here, especially from GG Panda GG. If someone is taking the time to write you a toxic message then there is something negative in their life pushing that.

Personally, some of my favourite memories are of playing Halo 3 multiplayer with mates after school and just cracking up at all the crap we tended to pull, unfortunately I have no one to play Halo with now and so I don't play online anymore. That all being said, even back then you got some people that sent toxic messages, it was just easier to ignore as you could share it with your mates and have a good laugh.
Just ignore them and keep playing
Some people care too much about the outcome of their videogame match. They forget people play to have fun. I know I suck at the game, no need to waste time telling me what I already know.
Honestly this is probably one of the most toxic games, you just have to find a friendly group of people or get lucky
That's cool... drags balls on toxic people
If they send you a message, just report it.
I just ignore them, it's just a game after all
Just report them. Because if you respond you waste time AND might be banned from communications.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2