Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Truth hurts

OP Blalalalup

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10
Because it's getting really boring and tiresome how much 343 doesn't actually care about the game only the money.
Did you see that recent 7 hr long vidoc/interview of 343? Could barely watch it because it was loaded with self praise.
I only play a few hours in the evenings after work (rarely on the weekends) and I'm yet to get bored, play some Warzone, then btb then Warzone, but I do agree, they need a few more modes
Foghammer wrote:
If 343 gave everybody all of the gametypes, playlists, and variants that they wanted tomorrow, people would complain about having nothing to do in this game in two weeks.

None of this matters. If you're tired of it, go do something else.
I enjoy Halo 5. It's not as popular as the other Halo games but it's still extremely enjoyable. What 343 needs to do is not limit the potential. Make it fun and addictive than even people who never heard of Halo want to play. (Without micro transactions)
K27R wrote:
Because it's getting really boring and tiresome how much 343 doesn't actually care about the game only the money.
Did you see that recent 7 hr long vidoc/interview of 343? Could barely watch it because it was loaded with self praise.
You have a link to watch the video? I haven't seen it.
Please, for anyone that wishes to make an argument concerning populations numbers, produce your sources.
This isn't a high school MLA research paper. We don't have to cite them every time we comment in a forum. It has been proven time and time again on here. If you're that far behind the ball you might as well just keep playing this game in innocence. There are plenty of places you can find the stats. Xbox live shows you various standings, Microsoft shows you sales statistics, larger websites have feedback and reviews of the game, heck, even these forums can give you an idea of how the game is doing.

Just because 343 isn't confident enough to display the game's population right in front of you, doesn't mean you're out of luck. There's still plenty of information available, depending on how much digging you want to do.
rabedeath wrote:
When i first started watching here I wondered why people complained so much and this forum is about arguing about everything no matter it is. I was enjoying playing the game a ton and just thought people were being negative. Idk if its everyone and all the negative posts are rubbing off on me but I am starting to feel more negative. I am also starting to get bored playing the same maps over and over again. I still am gonna be patient but I defiantly agree that they need to add some content fast.
Your eyes are just being opened to what this game should be.
Foghammer wrote:
If 343 gave everybody all of the gametypes, playlists, and variants that they wanted tomorrow, people would complain about having nothing to do in this game in two weeks.

What?! When did anyone ever complain about nothing to do in the old Halos, which had all that stuff from the start?! Who looked at Reach and thought "Well it has a humongous Forge, TONS of playlists and gametypes, amazing custom games, and a customizable Firefight, but I'm still bored." Furthermore, they had a higher population count thus showing their popularity.

Seriously, don't make up stupid -Yoink- please.
Agreed. We didn't need to beg for more gametypes because we already had everything. Especially Reach. I miss Head Hunter!
The problem I see with all this begging is that in reach and halo 3 and halo 4, all these CTF, KOTH, and Oddball threads make no sense because the population for those individual gametypes including reach when they eventually put them all into a team objective playlist, and 4 as well, showed the population was really really low. Everyone was playing infection, slayer, BTB, and action sack. The last blog made mentioned action sack and more gametypes coming in January, but seriously you are asking for playlists that evidence has shown nobody plays, and 343 have stated before that it is for that reason they aren't included when they were removed from halo 4 halfway through. Now custom games not having them, I can understand the frustration with that.
While I do wish for a couple more playlists, truth is the numbers hurt. Every other Halo or FPS gave I've played has 75% of it's player base hanging out in a slayer game type and 15% in a secondary favorite playlist while the dregs of the population play a few other playlists. Some exaggeration here, but, by the numbers, adding more playlists caters to a minority.
So you make up some numbers and then admit that you're exaggerating them lol.

That's NEVER been the case when Halo was successful.

First off, no playlist ever had 75% of the player base in one playlist. Even low-populated playlists still had a large amount of activity, and if not they were removed. And you understood why it was removed, because it just wasn't popular. The problem in h5 is 343 has removed the popular playlists as well.

Secondly, adding more playlists doesn't cater to a minority. It gives us more content to play. So yes technically that lessens the population in a playlist if you only had one to choose from previously, but in no way does it ruin it. However, I can understand if Halo 5 isn't having as much success as they'd like and even in limited content, numbers are already low, so they wouldn't want to do that.

But as for me, I'd prefer waiting 20 minutes to play a game that I enjoy (even though that's not how it would be if they added another 5 or so more playlists), rather than playing something I don't enjoy as much over and over again, or not being able to play it at all.
K27R wrote:
Because it's getting really boring and tiresome how much 343 doesn't actually care about the game only the money.
Did you see that recent 7 hr long vidoc/interview of 343? Could barely watch it because it was loaded with self praise.
No could you link to it?
Foghammer wrote:
If 343 gave everybody all of the gametypes, playlists, and variants that they wanted tomorrow, people would complain about having nothing to do in this game in two weeks.

What?! When did anyone ever complain about nothing to do in the old Halos, which had all that stuff from the start?! Who looked at Reach and thought "Well it has a humongous Forge, TONS of playlists and gametypes, amazing custom games, and a customizable Firefight, but I'm still bored." Furthermore, they had a higher population count thus showing their popularity.

Seriously, don't make up stupid -Yoink- please.
Agreed. We didn't need to beg for more gametypes because we already had everything. Especially Reach. I miss Head Hunter!
The problem I see with all this begging is that in reach and halo 3 and halo 4, all these CTF, KOTH, and Oddball threads make no sense because the population for those individual gametypes including reach when they eventually put them all into a team objective playlist, and 4 as well, showed the population was really really low. Everyone was playing infection, slayer, BTB, and action sack. The last blog made mentioned action sack and more gametypes coming in January, but seriously you are asking for playlists that evidence has shown nobody plays, and 343 have stated before that it is for that reason they aren't included when they were removed from halo 4 halfway through. Now custom games not having them, I can understand the frustration with that.
Just because the population wasn't as high as the main part of the game (team slayer) does not mean they were "really really low" as you say. In fact, there weren't even as many people playing action sack and infection as you give credit to. In Halo 3 and Reach I primarily played doubles and multi-team, because I prefer the ease of only having to find 1-2 friends to play with and the games are more intimate and strategic. Does that mean that was what everyone else was playing? No. My playlists were always lower than team slayer, but in no way was that ever a problem finding games or playing new people. We always had a wide variety of opponents and fun games. And on top of all the permanent playlists, they had weekend double xp playlists, community playlists, temporary playlists, etc.

See the problem is people think that adding more playlists thins out the population, when in reality, it brings a larger population to begin with because there is more to enjoy. To put it in a small perspective. If a game had a population count of 10 with only 1 playlist, you'd have 10 people per playlist. But say there were people not playing the game because they didn't like that playlist. So you could say by adding another playlist now you're only going to have 5 people in each playlist. When in reality, having that new playlist attracts more people to the game because there's something else to play. So now you have more playlists that thin the original population to 5 in each playlist, but maybe you've added another handful of new players in each playlist now.

This is what kept the population around in H2-HR. So that we could experience the main part of the game, but have other things to do when that got boring. That's how griffball got its fame in the first place. Heck even hog race, golf or dodgeball were nice to kick back with every now and then. Not only did the population increase, but this is one of the main reason that people played longer. Longer hours in a day and more days over time. That's what we are witnessing and hopefully learning from.
Because it's getting really boring and tiresome how much 343 doesn't actually care about the game only the money.
No, Overkill studio makers of payday 2 are those thirsty money vampires
Too little too late for me.
Moved on to other games.
I'm currently bouncing between Fallout 4, Halo 5 and, Halo MCC. I highly recommend Fallout 4 as it is very satisfying for a 1 player game. Rent it from Red Box or something first if you are not committed to make the purchase yet. Halo 5 does get stale after only a few games. I understand but, you have options! Use them :) don't wear yourself out on Halo 5. Bounce around. It makes the life of Halo 5 last longer for the individual that does find the gameplay boring at times.
Foghammer wrote:
If 343 gave everybody all of the gametypes, playlists, and variants that they wanted tomorrow, people would complain about having nothing to do in this game in two weeks.

None of this matters. If you're tired of it, go do something else.
I think it matters when every previous Halo game shipped with

Slayer + Variants
CTF + Variants
Assault + Variants
Oddball + Variants
Infection(3 and beyond)
King of the Hill + Variants
Juggernaut/Regicide/VIP + Variants
Territories/Dominion + Variants
Race
Grifball(Halo Reach & 4)
Along with far more options for custom games.

Previous Halo games had enough content at launch to prevent us from getting bored.
Not to mention the gameplay was actually good.
I played H2 regularly until H3 came out.
I didn't need new -Yoinking!- armour and skins and scopes *sigh*... the game was deep and fun.
H5 was not designed around depth. H5 is more gimmicky, and with tons of unlockables to keep people vaguely interested.
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
While I do wish for a couple more playlists, truth is the numbers hurt. Every other Halo or FPS gave I've played has 75% of it's player base hanging out in a slayer game type and 15% in a secondary favorite playlist while the dregs of the population play a few other playlists. Some exaggeration here, but, by the numbers, adding more playlists caters to a minority.
So you make up some numbers and then admit that you're exaggerating them lol.

That's NEVER been the case when Halo was successful.

First off, no playlist ever had 75% of the player base in one playlist. Even low-populated playlists still had a large amount of activity, and if not they were removed. And you understood why it was removed, because it just wasn't popular. The problem in h5 is 343 has removed the popular playlists as well.

Secondly, adding more playlists doesn't cater to a minority. It gives us more content to play. So yes technically that lessens the population in a playlist if you only had one to choose from previously, but in no way does it ruin it. However, I can understand if Halo 5 isn't having as much success as they'd like and even in limited content, numbers are already low, so they wouldn't want to do that.

But as for me, I'd prefer waiting 20 minutes to play a game that I enjoy (even though that's not how it would be if they added another 5 or so more playlists), rather than playing something I don't enjoy as much over and over again, or not being able to play it at all.
So, have you played an FPS that didn't have slayer as the most popular playlist? That was really my point. A majority of people don't stick around for objective or non slayer-like game types. Halo 3 and before enjoyed a less saturated market and a huge population for a prolonged time, so even if a minority of players played objectives you have several thousand in your playlist of choice still, that's true. Halo 5 has a lot more competition and a smaller population to work with so more playlists don't always make sense. I'm not voting against them, just trying to point out why it may not work out. The gaming market is a different place since 2007 and it affects all aspects.
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
VV0NDERBOY wrote:
Damn, if you don't like the game, don't play it. Maybe YOU'RE bored of it, but I'm not.
He's probably not playing it, because he's bored of it. Maybe YOU'RE not bored of it, but statistically a lot of people are.
If he isn't playing it because he doesn't like it, then why did he come marching into the forum for the game he doesn't like anymore, and post -Yoink- about it? No one cares if you don't like a game or not.
Because that's the whole point of a forum. They don't ask everyone who thinks the game is perfect to come on here and gloat about how perfect it is. If that were the case they would all be playing it still.

And people do care by the way. Sorry to pop your bubble of understanding and speaking for everyone else.
Speaking of "speaking for everyone else", how about the OP? I mean, it isn't like he claimed that everyone is bored of the game. When that STATISICALLY isn't the case. See? I can use that word too.
If you actually took a look on the forums since Halo 5 came out, you see why he was saying he is speaking for everyone else when he says this game is boring. Clearly, people stopped playing the game because they're is little content in the game plus the fact that games with more of a lasting appeal (CoD and Fallout) not only do better in terms of population, but also in sales. Yes the majority of the community is bored by the lack of people on your own friends list who use to play the game that don't anymore and the fact the Halo 5 is basically dead on YouTube. Yes Halo 5's lack of playlist is causing the population to drop and the lasting community to get bored.
And when you want to have some fun in swat, you are doomed to play in the -Yoinking!- same map repeated 5 times with no chance to vote for another one
So, have you played an FPS that didn't have slayer as the most popular playlist?
Counterstrike.
Most people don't need to be handed free stuff every 2 seconds to be able to enjoy things. Truth hurts.
I know that I have certainly enjoyed halo 5. The new mechanics and game types have giving it a new feeling. I also like the way they added in the original game types. Now with the addition of forge I have not been bored.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 10