Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

truth is a terrible map

OP Duuuhh

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
They really need to do something for this map. It has no cover whatsoever, bottom mid might as well be lava because the second you step down there its instadeath. The map is too big because it has to compensate for sprint and thruster, and leads to a boring experience of you walking around for 20+ seconds trying to catch a glimpse of the enemy, if youre lucky because the maps so damn dark. Weapons are hard to see on the ground, blue team blends in with the geometry, bloom everywhere and the dmr is useless on the map. I think truth is just not meant to be in halo 5.
I like it. I agree with it being too dark to see weapons. I've gotten myself killed trying to retrace my steps for the "Hold X to pick up Battle Rifle" prompt to reappear. But I find the map quite enjoyable. It's Empire that I don't care for.
Lol, i used to think Truth was a terrible map, but then you know...i got good at Halo 5. It's not the map's fault, it's yours for being an incompetent player.
Lol, i used to think Truth was a terrible map, but then you know...i got good at Halo 5. It's not the map's fault, it's yours for being an incompetent player.
It's not about my skill level its about the map. Besides I have a better k/d than you.
Duuuhh wrote:

It's not about my skill level its about the map. Besides I have a better k/d than you.
Sure yah do kid, that's why your complaining about a map. I know how it feels to be killed a lot on Truth believe me, my first go through on that map was bad! But then...I got better at the game. Im sure you will too scrubby! :)
its good map just a little to dark
Duuuhh wrote:

Sure yah do kid, that's why your complaining about a map. I know how it feels to be killed a lot on Truth believe me, my first go through on that map was bad! But then...I got better at the game. Im sure you will too scrubby! :)
^ I don't think he could possibly be trying harder.
Duuuhh wrote:
They really need to do something for this map. It has no cover whatsoever, bottom mid might as well be lava because the second you step down there its instadeath. The map is too big because it has to compensate for sprint and thruster, and leads to a boring experience of you walking around for 20+ seconds trying to catch a glimpse of the enemy, if youre lucky because the maps so damn dark. Weapons are hard to see on the ground, blue team blends in with the geometry, bloom everywhere and the dmr is useless on the map. I think truth is just not meant to be in halo 5.
Wow, you must have never played H2's midship...Sorry, but the map is fine. Sorry you just don't know the routes.
Duuuhh wrote:

I didn't mean as an insult, but it's only Day: 2 of the beta and he's complaining about a map.
Duuuhh wrote:

lol still trash talking with ur -Yoink- kd huh
The maps are too dark in general. Compare a "night time" Halo 3 map to Truth. Truth is darker except for the illuminated areas. Blue Spartans also blend into the blue environment making them a harder target. Some of the geometry is really weird as well like some of the ramps or angles around the "bends" where you can't just walk up what appears to be a small step, you have to jump over a ramp less than 3 feet tall. On both maps right now there's plenty of small little things in the geometry, things that jut out just a little and if you get one toe or a little of a shoulder touching it you come to a dead stop in the middle of a sprint or thruster evasion. I hate when I'm trying to get a better angle but teensy little corners say "F---K YOU" and I die.
Map is ok. I like Empire more. On Truth, it would be nice to add a bit of color to distinguish Pink tower and Big tower better.

I find Truth to be a bit on the boring side (for slayer anyway).

K/D: 2.25
KDA Spread: 10.8

So I'm a noob, and you probably shouldn't bother to take into consideration what I say :'(
Duuuhh wrote:

Not trash talking, encouragement friend! :)
Klong wrote:
Map is ok. I like Empire more. On Truth, it would be nice to add a bit of color to distinguish Pink tower and Big tower better.

So I'm a noob, and you probably shouldn't bother to take into consideration what I say :'(
Your not a noob. You are so MLGz brother! ^_^
Duuuhh wrote:

Not trash talking, encouragement friend! :)
Comparing K/D against each other. Congrats, you're using statistics to insult people, you two are giant laughable nerds.

Telling people "get better" and " you're a scrub" when its just constructive criticism is disheartening. I do agree, the colours can be a throw off sometimes. I love this forum, the ignorance and lack of intellect is astounding.
Bottom mid has always been a dumb place to run DERP. But it isn't instadeath. If you are dying fast when we have thruster, sprint and clamber then you are not very good

Truth and Empire are the two best maps 343 has ever produced bar none

LMFAO This guy "Knows it is instadeath to run bottom mid" yet he keeps running bottom mid. Why don't you try holding big tower or something other than running bottom mid. Like there isn't even a shotgun there so it is abosultely pointless to be down there
Klong wrote:

See I don't get this.

My K/D is 2.0 +
KDA is 10+

yet my rank is................Bronze 3.

I win most of my games, never gone negative, and carry hard yet I am lowly bronze. This ranking system is stupid
Clamber up yo....!
I find Truth to be an amazing map.

I had one of the most fun games I've had since Halo 3 on Truth. I was running 4's, as going in alone got me screwed over in terms of my K/D AND W/L, and we got matched against a team of 4, as well. What happened was one of the closest games in Halo I have had in years, as I mentioned.

It's a balanced map. You need to learn to play it.
Duuuhh wrote:

I didn't mean as an insult, but it's only Day: 2 of the beta and he's complaining about a map.
After playing it once I made the same conclusions he did. It stinks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3