Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

truth is a terrible map

OP Duuuhh

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Empire is better suited to the new gameplay.

Truth has really long sight lines with little cover.

and the places that have cover become bottlenecks and nade magnets.

almost every shootout happens in the lift rooms and adjacent stairs leading to them.
Klong wrote:
Map is ok. I like Empire more. On Truth, it would be nice to add a bit of color to distinguish Pink tower and Big tower better.

I find Truth to be a bit on the boring side (for slayer anyway).

K/D: 2.25
KDA Spread: 10.8

So I'm a noob, and you probably shouldn't bother to take into consideration what I say :'(

See I don't get this.

My K/D is 2.0 +
KDA is 10+

yet my rank is................Bronze 3.

I win most of my games, never gone negative, and carry hard yet I am lowly bronze. This ranking system is stupid
I dunno, I tinks its sort of good. It placed my friends and I pretty appropriately. Onyx for me and one other who is similar skill. And for the other 3 from best to worst, they got placed gold, silver, and bronze.

Apparently Pro is reserved for the top 200 players. I guess the really good players aren't playing yet.

Overall could use tweaks, but pretty solid.(Not trying to say you deserve bronze or anything!)
Klong wrote:
Klong wrote:
Map is ok. I like Empire more. On Truth, it would be nice to add a bit of color to distinguish Pink tower and Big tower better.

So I'm a noob, and you probably shouldn't bother to take into consideration what I say :'(

See I don't get this.

My K/D is 2.0 +
KDA is 10+

I win most of my games, never gone negative, and carry hard yet I am lowly bronze. This ranking system is stupid

I dunno, I tinks its sort of good. It placed my friends and I pretty appropriately. Onyx for me and one other who is similar skill. And for the other 3 from best to worst, they got placed gold, silver, and bronze.

Apparently Pro is reserved for the top 200 players. I guess the really good players aren't playing yet.

Overall could use tweaks, but pretty solid.(Not trying to say you deserve bronze or anything!)
There is going to be an endless grind in the semi-pro bracket for sure.
The map is outstanding. It forces teamwork. I see the weapons just fine and can't wait to play it in 60fps 1080p. Maybe your TV just sucks.. I have also had no problems getting kills with any of weapons on it. Anybody that says the DMR is useless on the map has obviously never even looked straight across the map. Its come in handy fighting off teams trying to run out and grab the sword and plenty of other times.
Map is just like the halo 3 map. If you are making a brand NEW game please use your imagination and make a good map! map sucks period. It sucks in halo 3 and it sucks in halo 5!
I never really liked midship to begin with and I don't really like truth either. It's more or less running around the outside in circles for me. I keep trying to run down low center, but there really is no incentive unless you can flank and even that's risky if someone is sitting in one of the streets. It then just turns into nade spam of justice in pink and big tower.

Then again I also enjoy BTB/bigger maps in general more. I don't like spawning, taking 5-6 steps and then seeing red blips on the radar or looking around and seeing the enemy team. I don't mind four on four, but I'm a larger map kinda guy.
Klong wrote:
Klong wrote:

See I don't get this.

My K/D is 2.0 +
KDA is 10+

I'd still like to there to be ranked and social playlists though. No offense to them since I love em to death, but some of my friends aren't very good at the game and with CSR being built in it'll be agitating for them when we play together because they'll get put against way better players and I'll get mad because my rank will suffer. Just give us some social playlists.
I much prefer Truth to Empire personally but haven't really given Empire much of a go yet. The sword on Truth is way too bright though. With all the lighting in that map already having such a glaring sword in your hand is disorientating.
Klong wrote:

See I don't get this.

My K/D is 2.0 +
KDA is 10+

Ranking is about winning not kd
Klong wrote:

See I don't get this.

My K/D is 2.0 +
KDA is 10+

The game barely gives you points for doing well, but kicks off waaaaaayyyyyyy too many points for doing bad.
deVerdeler wrote:
Klong wrote:

See I don't get this.

My K/D is 2.0 +
KDA is 10+

Ranking is about winning not kd
Winning with 2 kills 1 assist 10 deaths giving more points than losing with 22 kills 7 assists 10 deaths is still BS
Truth needs some light here. Also, the tower callouts are messed up (Pink Tower is blatantly coloured blue)
it not a terrible map that's the worse thing we have seen it four time now that it the issue.
well three time and a map made off it for reach.
Multi flag, multi bomb and rumble pit. I have nothing else worth saying that will keep my response civil. :)
I think they should maybe change blue team or change the color of the of the map a bit. Red vs Blue on a map thats 80% blue is a bit meh
Empire is much better map, more suited for new gameplay mechanics, where clamber etc. work much better.

Truth looks like it doesn't 'click' with these new additions to the gameplay.
Truth is excellent when you have a good team to fall back on and your back doesn't hurt from carrying them the whole game it is very fun and the map flows well.

You just need to know how to play the map then it flows perfectly.
I am liking it a lot tbh. When you chain sprint with thruster and clamber if needed you created some agressive routes. fave tactic has be if I'm getting shot going up the ramp simply dash to the side clamber on the ledge, 8 out of 10 the enemy thinks you're running upset to regroup. Croutch walk while shields recharged and comes out the DRM window and do damageee
It's a good map. The problems with it are the same problems Empire (awesome map) has-- it's too dark in some areas and the weapons are impossible to distinguish from grease spots on the ground. The DMR is godly on Truth, just hang out in Pink and Big Tower and you'll see what I mean. It feels a little weird being upscaled for Halo 5, but after you get used to it, it plays very well.

The problems with weapon identification could be fixed easily if we had the same popups as EVERY other Halo game had-- with pictures of the weapons, instead of just the name printed in tiny text.
I completely agree OP. Midship was excellent, but truth is just too stretched out. I hate it, and those new windows? on each base are just a campers heaven. Too easy to sit there and have a height advantage then just dash back into the safety of the base when getting shot
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3