Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Turn off reset sheild recharge on arena

OP TheAnvilJack96

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13
No, it was too easy to run away from a bad play in H4 and it was a big problem.

That's the whole reason it's the way it is in H5 in the first place.
Pretty much this. There are people who dislike sprint for various reasons. It encouraged others to run away in a losing battle, shield recharge while doing so (h4) just made it that much easier on the losing player and harder on the winning player. H5s sprint is more penalized because of this. You get knocked out of sprint if shot before reaching full speed and when sprinting you sacrifice your shield regen. H5 is setup to help discourage people from running away in a losing battle and it's one I agree with. H4 punished people who were winning their fights to much, h5 at least makes it easier on them and punishes the losing combatant. It would probably be more tolerable if people could at least shoot while sprinting which could fix some issues.
Dev 378 wrote:
I think shields not recharging while sprinting is great. In halo 4 someone could lose a gunfight, realize they were near death and without any strategic thinking sprint away to cover. In halo 5 using sprint to retreat takes more forethought because you will either be finished off by the enemy you were losing to for foolishly running away or a different enemy will take you out, again for running away. This change is excellent because it makes skill a bigger difference maker, if a bad player can run away every damn time he starts to lose, like in halo 4, it can become very frustrating. I liked halo 4 but 343 clearly tried to reduce the skill gap and make the game overly casual. Halo 5 might have made it overly competitive at least and release but I think halo 5 multiplayer with non- recharging shields while sprinting is a much better game.
Every game is like that, if you can't win you fall back and regroup.
I just feel like the other halo games you need more skill to get kills and it's a good thing I think if u can escape from a gun fight at some point
I just feel like the other halo games you need more skill to get kills and it's a good thing I think if u can escape from a gun fight at some point
I'd argue standing your ground and trying to get a reversal takes more skill than running away to regen and possibly coming back at the guy with a buddy. The main issue is your punishing the guy who is winning and rewarding the losing player with a "fight back another day" scenario.
Dev 378 wrote:
I think shields not recharging while sprinting is great. In halo 4 someone could lose a gunfight, realize they were near death and without any strategic thinking sprint away to cover. In halo 5 using sprint to retreat takes more forethought because you will either be finished off by the enemy you were losing to for foolishly running away or a different enemy will take you out, again for running away. This change is excellent because it makes skill a bigger difference maker, if a bad player can run away every damn time he starts to lose, like in halo 4, it can become very frustrating. I liked halo 4 but 343 clearly tried to reduce the skill gap and make the game overly casual. Halo 5 might have made it overly competitive at least and release but I think halo 5 multiplayer with non- recharging shields while sprinting is a much better game.
Think about it this way. Look how high rated halo mc collection is compaired to halo 5 ? Why is it great for shields not to recharge while sprinting ? Losing a gun fight in halo 4 and they forgot to find cover is their own fault ? in all the halos I played I found cover a lot more than halo 5 . A player ain't gunna run all the time won't he it gives advantage to that player to get his shield back faster. And it'll even the game out cos everyone will have full shield mostly before battle. I wanna be able to sprint a lot more and not worry about getting one shotted by a guy with a pistol everytime I do. I know that will still happen but it'll happen less
Is this really your argument? The Halo 5 rating compared to the Halo MCC rating? MCC is rated higher because it offers four halo games on one disc. That's why.
Forgetting to find cover is entirely the player's fault. You must play smarter. The new shields force you to do just that. The old shields let you run away from any encounter and if you played H4 and Reach, you'd know that players would run away from any encounter rather than using any sort of skill to win it. Players ran away to let their shields recharge all the time.
I like the new shields. Its makes sprint more balanced. Besides there's a armor mod to let you sprint and recharge shields.
Yea right okay. If we have old shields back it will be fair then wouldn't it more fair battles and have a better advantage.. How many times have you sprinted around with low health right and then you just get one shotted that's happened to me a lot so u don't think it would be bette if we can have our shields recharge while sprinting ?
Note this is just my opinion. I find it funny you say this when back when sprint was first put in Reach we hated that people could just run away and escape what should have been a death. So no.....if there is going to be sprint for bad players, or someone that made a mistake, or even just get surprised by someone, and they try to run away it's only fair they can't recharge shields while doing so. Bring back smart play instead of just random running around and expecting sprint to save them like a bunch of chicken -Yoink-.
I just feel like the other halo games you need more skill to get kills and it's a good thing I think if u can escape from a gun fight at some point
And that's where youre wrong. It doesn't take any skill to run away when youre about to die, hide in a dark corner & get back out when your shields are back up.
if your enemy outsmarted you or was simply better, you're supposed to lose & not to run like a chicken.
it is not a good thing, it is a cheap thing,
I use upgraded shields, so I don't know what you're talking about. :P
I hate this sprint and shield system. You need sprint to traverse maps quickly, but you can't use it to escape. It puts more emphasis on getting the first shot, a twitch shooter element, and I can't stand it. In Halo 6, they should get rid of this mechanic or trade sprint for higher base movement speed.
Rhydon65 wrote:
I hate this sprint and shield system. You need sprint to traverse maps quickly, but you can't use it to escape. It puts more emphasis on getting the first shot, a twitch shooter element, and I can't stand it. In Halo 6, they should get rid of this mechanic or trade sprint for higher base movement speed.
If I to choose taking out the sprint shields or higher base speed. I might go with the base speed if it makes you go sprint speed.
It helps balance the game. Why are people never satisfied with anything 343 does? I've got to say this is literally the best FPS game with balanced sprinting.
Cyro XVX wrote:
It helps balance the game. Why are people never satisfied with anything 343 does? I've got to say this is literally the best FPS game with balanced sprinting.
Halo 5 is better then BOIII for sure.
I do not like the new shields on this game I mean I miss the old shields. Halo 4 your shields use to recharge while sprinting and its a lot more better. In halo 5 our shields have gotten a lot weaker and it don't feel like halo and the unadvantage that it gives you.. When your health is low you can't run to cover and wait for ur shields to recharge cos you'll just die. Come on 343 bring back the old shields. Who ever agrees with me like this forum or somthing let 343 know what we want !! All I want is our shields to recharge while sprinting on arena that's All
They are the same strength and recharge more quickly.
TRON 092 wrote:
That's why I don't like the way 343 put sprint into this game, it revolves around everything. Shield recharge, Cover on a map, weapon range, Spartan charge, and more.
Bungie introduced sprint to Halo.
I personally like the new system. It eliminates the problem from H4 where people would run away, recharge, and re-engage. Now you actually have to think about your chances if you run because you could get shot in the back.
TRON 092 wrote:
That's why I don't like the way 343 put sprint into this game, it revolves around everything. Shield recharge, Cover on a map, weapon range, Spartan charge, and more.
So you don't like that 343 put sprint into this game as a tactic you actually have to think about while using? PLEASE 343 GIVE US A GAME WE JUST DON'T HAVE TO THINK ABOUT!
Rhydon65 wrote:
I hate this sprint and shield system. You need sprint to traverse maps quickly, but you can't use it to escape. It puts more emphasis on getting the first shot, a twitch shooter element, and I can't stand it. In Halo 6, they should get rid of this mechanic or trade sprint for higher base movement speed.
TRON 092 wrote:
That's why I don't like the way 343 put sprint into this game, it revolves around everything. Shield recharge, Cover on a map, weapon range, Spartan charge, and more.
So you don't like that 343 put sprint into this game as a tactic you actually have to think about while using? PLEASE 343 GIVE US A GAME WE JUST DON'T HAVE TO THINK ABOUT!
Dev 378 wrote:
I think shields not recharging while sprinting is great. In halo 4 someone could lose a gunfight, realize they were near death and without any strategic thinking sprint away to cover. In halo 5 using sprint to retreat takes more forethought because you will either be finished off by the enemy you were losing to for foolishly running away or a different enemy will take you out, again for running away. This change is excellent because it makes skill a bigger difference maker, if a bad player can run away every damn time he starts to lose, like in halo 4, it can become very frustrating. I liked halo 4 but 343 clearly tried to reduce the skill gap and make the game overly casual. Halo 5 might have made it overly competitive at least and release but I think halo 5 multiplayer with non- recharging shields while sprinting is a much better game.
Think about it this way. Look how high rated halo mc collection is compaired to halo 5 ? Why is it great for shields not to recharge while sprinting ? Losing a gun fight in halo 4 and they forgot to find cover is their own fault ? in all the halos I played I found cover a lot more than halo 5 . A player ain't gunna run all the time won't he it gives advantage to that player to get his shield back faster. And it'll even the game out cos everyone will have full shield mostly before battle. I wanna be able to sprint a lot more and not worry about getting one shotted by a guy with a pistol everytime I do. I know that will still happen but it'll happen less
1. The MCC failed and was the least popular Halo game to date.
2. I can't understand a word that you are saying.
3. With unlimited sprint in Halo 5, it makes sense to tie shields with sprint otherwise you could sprint around the entire map and never die. In halo 4 your shields could recharge while sprinting, but you only could only sprint for about 5 seconds which frankely doesn't make much sense as any normal human being can sprint for a lot longer than 5 seconds, much less a super soldier.
No, it actually balanced out sprint making it risky to run when your shields are down, sorry you cant recharge while running away.
LethalQ wrote:
I am torn on this.... on one hand there really shouldn't be a reason why shields can't recharge while sprinting but game play wise it does help balance out sprint as you won't necessarily make it to cover after making what could have been a tactical mistake.
well I'm sure someone will say it if they haven't already, but the simple solution here is to take the sprint ANIMATION out lol

JohnDang55 wrote:
Ummn shields don't recharge because the Mjolnir gen 2 armour is diverting resources into powering thruster sprint, there's a reason why the armour mod improved thrusters allows you to recharge shields.
In Halo 5 the time to fully recharge and the time to start recharging is fastest in all the Halo's and compared to Halo 4 you shield strength is pretty much the same however health is lower to suit Halo 5 multiplayer.
This guy knows his lore.

I do not like the new shields on this game I mean I miss the old shields. Halo 4 your shields use to recharge while sprinting and its a lot more better. In halo 5 our shields have gotten a lot weaker and it don't feel like halo and the unadvantage that it gives you.. When your health is low you can't run to cover and wait for ur shields to recharge cos you'll just die. Come on 343 bring back the old shields. Who ever agrees with me like this forum or somthing let 343 know what we want !!
I like the new shields better actually so...
I'm with clubbedscarab3. I like this way much better then Halo 4, Halo 4s was a joke IMO. The game was just super, super easy, boring and lame. Worst Halo overall ever I think.

I do not like the new shields on this game I mean I miss the old shields. Halo 4 your shields use to recharge while sprinting and its a lot more better. In halo 5 our shields have gotten a lot weaker and it don't feel like halo and the unadvantage that it gives you.. When your health is low you can't run to cover and wait for ur shields to recharge cos you'll just die. Come on 343 bring back the old shields. Who ever agrees with me like this forum or somthing let 343 know what we want !! All I want is our shields to recharge while sprinting on arena that's All
When I first read your title I thought you were going to refer to the noise the recharge shield used to make... lol Which I like better btw... I find it funny when someone refers to Halo 4 as "old halo" lol :P
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 13