2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13
I think the new shields are better. Less chasing for kills and putting in a bunch of shots just to have them run away all the time. That being said for social playlists I wouldn't mind the older shields. But for ranked playlists the new shield system used way better.
Well, if you play WZ then you should put on that armor mod. I like not having low health players sprint away like lightning.
HYv47 wrote:
I do think the sheilds are slightly weaker. All the other changes i am okay with.
The Dnend Legion
did you really just advertise your own spartan company in your post? And also, how did you make that link? You're not Marine rank yet, so how could you have posted that link?

On Topic: I agree, we should have games that last for hours on end because no one dies. /s
I feel like Halo 5 shields are better overall, especially since the game leans more towards competive play. All you have to do is play smarter, not harder.
While the old shields were great you're really just looking at it from a Halo 4 perspective. Halo 4 introduced sprint as a base mechanic like CoD, not reach where it was an ability, so you might not have had it at all. In CE through 3 it was really not there and everyone had the same pace. Introducing it in four was great but it gave you a head start to getting behind cover and surviving.
In Halo 5 the idea of sprinting and not recharging is difficult for some to grasp because they are use to running in, shooting, run out recharge and repeat. So instead of complaining on here because you keep dying playing Leroy Jenkins, consider playing better I guess.
Personally I don't think it needs to be in the game.

De-sprint works very well in Halo 5 compared to Halo 4 and realistically the only reason to delay shield recharge in the first place would be if nothing else was present. Another punishment on top of de-sprint is redundant, doesn't address any flaws with the mechanic, and is yet another extremely frustrating aspect of playing Halo 5.
I do not like the new shields on this game I mean I miss the old shields. Halo 4 your shields use to recharge while sprinting and its a lot more better. In halo 5 our shields have gotten a lot weaker and it don't feel like halo and the unadvantage that it gives you.. When your health is low you can't run to cover and wait for ur shields to recharge cos you'll just die. Come on 343 bring back the old shields. Who ever agrees with me like this forum or somthing let 343 know what we want !!
Running away with your back turned to the enemy = little to no skill

Winning fights = skill

So why should we make it harder to get kills but easier to run away again....?

That's why we have the shield penalty now because H5 is meant to be competitive(as halo should be).

ffs, as if thruster doesn't make it easy enough to put some cover between you and the enemy.
I do not like the new shields on this game I mean I miss the old shields. Halo 4 your shields use to recharge while sprinting and its a lot more better. In halo 5 our shields have gotten a lot weaker and it don't feel like halo and the unadvantage that it gives you.. When your health is low you can't run to cover and wait for ur shields to recharge cos you'll just die. Come on 343 bring back the old shields. Who ever agrees with me like this forum or somthing let 343 know what we want !! All I want is our shields to recharge while sprinting on arena that's All
The thing that makes this really sad is that there is a armour mod which can allow you to sprint and recharge at the same time like really????
The shields are definintly weaker which explains the faster kill times compared to halo reach, or halo 3. But I certainly agree to your opinion, shields recharging while sprinting will give everyone a fair advantage.
ferial56 wrote:
The shields are definintly weaker which explains the faster kill times compared to halo reach, or halo 3. But I certainly agree to your opinion, shields recharging while sprinting will give everyone a fair advantage.
Seriously dude? Like really?

Shields aren't weaker, it's the same amount of shots to break shields from a DMR or BR, they just shoot (slightly) faster.

I don't even...
The shield mechanic is a direct consequence of having sprint in the game. It doesn't "balance" sprint because players escaping gun fights easily was only one of the many issues with sprint, and even then, thrust+sprint still makes it fairly easy to avoid death in mid-long range battles.

You also have to realize that the shield mechanic doesn't just punish players who sprint away from battles, it punishes players who win battles! Every time you barely outshoot someone, you have to wait several seconds before your shields recharge. Those are crucial seconds you could have spent sprinting to another position, sprinting to help a teammate, or sprinting to acquire a power weapon. The shield delay creates downtime for the player after every successful engagement and those seconds do add up over the course of a match.

Not sure if people noticed this, but it's another angle to consider.
I don't agree with you. Since we now have infinite sprint. We can sprint to get to cover faster. If you are a player that hits and runs its fair for you, and the opponent. One you have the chance to run for cover, however you need to do it in a way so you don't get shot. This is what benefits your opponent, so they have an opportunity to shoot you. And you can't recharge until your in basic movement.
I like that there's no recharging while you sprint. It balances it. I barely sprint at all in Arena, I play like it's one of the older games, and viola, my shields recharge while I'm on the move. If they recharged while sprinting, all people would have to do is run around in circles so that every shot misses, while they recharge, and then you, the player who got the drop on them, are rewarded by having wasted ammo.
I personally love the function of not being able to regen your shields if you run, it leads to more intense gunfights and pushes players to reach that extra "mile" to become skilled. I feel it adds a new need for teamwork and a even bigger need for you to win your 1v1 gunfights. I love the function please keep it!

the shield only recharge if you dont use the sprint
There should be a set time where your shield recharges, regardless of whether or not your sprinting. If your opponent doesn't come to finish the job in 4 secs you should recharge. It's nonsense that someone can just happen across you and drop you with 1 shot, or your are the victor in your duel and some bum finished you off because you didn't sit in a corner waiting for your shields to come back up.
I'm confused about this. I actually love halo 5 compared to halo 4 and that's one of the reasons why. Sprinting while waiting for your shields is just stupid to me. I prefer Halo 5's mechanic where you have to wait for your shields to recharge before sprinting. Overall it just makes the game easier and much more fun for the casual gamer.
makes the game more balanced and I think they made the right choice on adding that to the game
I actually enjoy the shields as they are now, the shields being weak you should pick your engagements more carefully.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 4
  4. 5
  5. 6
  6. 7
  7. 8
  8. ...
  9. 13