2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 13
This is the most casual thread I've ever seen.
Idk what your talking about I've seen some people with no shields run away from a battle at least some onyx players though
But it does balance the people with, no sprint and sprint
I like the new shields
hey you know what i do ? I play swat because i like headshots only
I like the new shields man.
A shield is a shield is a shield. I think it's fine. It plays just like the old ones.

Besides... Adding recharge back when sprinting will kill balance. That's what people were mad about in Halo 5 when it came to sprint. and as for how much damage it can take, that's fine.

Think of it? in 2554... or whenever Halo 3 took place, the AR only had enough ammo per clip to reduce shields to 0. In H4, the damage was upped, and by H5 its at a stable level.., still high. Now if you think about it... that makes sense. Who's to say the UNSC didn't buff up their weapons by 2558 while chief was taking a Cryo nap? (well that would make sense in terms of Lore, but there's no lore reason for the removal of dual wield so yea this has no lore reason.) Plus, i think it got changed to compensate for sprint. It's a lot harder to damage a moving target... Unless you have a H2 SPNKR Rocket Launcher. then you have overkill cuz that thing locks onto any vehicles, air or land.

But that's a true fact. If the target is sprinting in the opposite direction and reach a far enough distance, then the hit/miss ratio decreases in chances of a hit. the only way to make shooting a fleeing enemy easier is by amping the damage.

Some weapons feel OP but that's depending on range. In Arena, the SMG is a killing machine. In BTB, the BR or DMR is the way to win. It's all about range so OP if you want to stay alive, figure out what weapon your opponent has before they kill you and adjust your range so that you can fight them... Unless you are point blank to a shotgun... then all you can do is hope theyre an FPS noob and miss lol
Yea right okay. If we have old shields back it will be fair then wouldn't it more fair battles and have a better advantage.. How many times have you sprinted around with low health right and then you just get one shotted that's happened to me a lot so u don't think it would be bette if we can have our shields recharge while sprinting ?
See as far as I can tell this is the main issue.

no one plays patiently or tactically. If you get into a fire fight and win but have barely any shirldss left why the hell are you run off to find another enemy? It takes what 2 seconds of your shieldsds to begin recharging and another two for them to be fully charged.

Im primarily a SWAT player so shields matter very little if the sprinting stopping your shields bothers you play SWAT so that they don't matter or have some patience before running to your next gun fight.
The shields are fine. If the she idk shields were to regen while running it might as well be another call of duty clone.
theres a mod in warzne which allows u to do what u want...simple
The answer is simple: remove sprint.

I personally find it annoying winning a gunfight then trying to walk away before opponents swarm their teammate's X or cross-map me from the many open sightlines.

I used to really like the idea, but now it slightly reduces how much fun I have playing the game.
I'd much rather be punished by losing a gunfight than to witness another target sprint away while he is 1-shot. I believe it is justified difficulty in PvP environments for players to be punished for losing their gunfights.
how about, no
LethalQ wrote:
I am torn on this.... on one hand there really shouldn't be a reason why shields can't recharge while sprinting but game play wise it does help balance out sprint as you won't necessarily make it to cover after making what could have been a tactical mistake.
I think there should be a middle ground: instead of the recharge timer resetting every time you sprint, the timer should only pause. For example, say it takes 5 seconds for the shield to start to recharge and you wait four of those seconds before you start to sprint. In the current game, once you stop sprinting you will have to wait an additional 5 seconds for your shield to start to recharge. However, in my version, you only have to wait one second because the game realized you already waited four.
This makes sense.
If sprint didn't exist in this game, there wouldn't be any problems at all with the shield system. But whatever, "immurshun".
People complain about sprint in halo 5 with the recharge happening, people would run away and keep running until they were full again. There was so much anger about that that people want to see something change about it. I like what it is now because people can not complain so much about the sprint being used as a way to wait for shield recharge
LethalQ wrote:
I am torn on this.... on one hand there really shouldn't be a reason why shields can't recharge while sprinting but game play wise it does help balance out sprint as you won't necessarily make it to cover after making what could have been a tactical mistake.
I think there should be a middle ground: instead of the recharge timer resetting every time you sprint, the timer should only pause. For example, say it takes 5 seconds for the shield to start to recharge and you wait four of those seconds before you start to sprint. In the current game, once you stop sprinting you will have to wait an additional 5 seconds for your shield to start to recharge. However, in my version, you only have to wait one second because the game realized you already waited four.
That's what I wish too.
I just use the advance thrusters man.
(And you might want to brush up on your english as well friend.)
your shields use to recharge while sprinting
My fav thing about Upgraded Thrusters
Dev 378 wrote:
Think about it this way. Look how high rated halo mc collection is compaired to halo 5 ? Why is it great for shields not to recharge while sprinting ? Losing a gun fight in halo 4 and they forgot to find cover is their own fault ? in all the halos I played I found cover a lot more than halo 5 . A player ain't gunna run all the time won't he it gives advantage to that player to get his shield back faster. And it'll even the game out cos everyone will have full shield mostly before battle. I wanna be able to sprint a lot more and not worry about getting one shotted by a guy with a pistol everytime I do. I know that will still happen but it'll happen less
So you basically want to run and gun permanently without a downside? If you cant see how that would be problematic with the map designs, and Spartan charge, then we understand where your argument comes from.

Then again, I kind of think you don't care about those balance issues, and want to abuse that play style without getting punished.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 5
  4. 6
  5. 7
  6. 8
  7. 9
  8. ...
  9. 13