Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Unbalanced maps (Warzone)

OP Sypriz

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Why do you people seem to think 343 have a vendetta against the blue team?

Do you honestly believe they are purposely making maps one sided?

I doubt it is on purpose but apex and sanctum are unbalanced. When you see top teams playing the team that is on red will end up winning most of the time. Hopefully they will just use symmetrical maps for wz in h6
Eevium wrote:

I doubt it is on purpose but apex and sanctum are unbalanced. When you see top teams playing the team that is on red will end up winning most of the time. Hopefully they will just use symmetrical maps for wz in h6
Yeah I’m hoping for the same thing. Symmetrical maps.
Eevium wrote:

Sanctum is a symmetrical map.

Apex has advantages for both teams, blue team has a huge advantage at the start of the game because the red armory can be rushed.
Eevium wrote:
Why
Sanctum is a symmetrical map.

Apex has advantages for both teams, blue team has a huge advantage at the start of the game because the red armory can be rushed.
Sanctum is not symmetrical because:
1. At the start of the game, red spawns closer to open lift and blue to closed. The lifts also carry red to open and blue to closed.
2. Closed is a death trap if red gets above temple, while open is not.
3. Red has a lift to their keyhole while blue doesn't (why?)Net result: Red has a lift to their keyhole and gets open lift, while blue only has a lift to the disadvantageous closed side.
Apex: both teams can rush, and red even has the better rush since they can get on pride rock and shoot down on blue armory, while blue is on even ground with red armory. Red has advantages in both situations. Have you never played apex... ?
Quote:
Sanctum is not symmetrical because:
1. At the start of the game, red spawns closer to open lift and blue to closed. The lifts also carry red to open and blue to closed.
2. Closed is a death trap if red gets above temple, while open is not.
3. Red has a lift to their keyhole while blue doesn't (why?)Net result: Red has a lift to their keyhole and gets open lift, while blue only has a lift to the disadvantageous closed side.
1. I would not really count this as a point because you are just describing a symmetrical map layout. *shrug*
2. Closed can easily be an advantage for the blue team if they can flank it and attack the reds before they get in there.
3. The lift on red spawn is there because there is more distance between their spawn and their temple entrance (It is evened out more by giving the blue team slightly more cover). If you time a red and blue soldier from their spawn to their entrance it would be practically equal.

Quote:
Apex: both teams can rush, and red even has the better rush since they can get on pride rock and shoot down on blue armory, while blue is on even ground with red armory. Red has advantages in both situations. Have you never played apex... ?
Red has the advantage with the rock that provides more cover, but blue is also given an advantage with speed. It is a lot faster to get to the red armory cave than to get to pride rock.
^^^ oml, Sanctum is unbalanced lol.
Quote:
1. I would not really count this as a point because you are just describing a symmetrical map layout. *shrug*
2. Closed can easily be an advantage for the blue team if they can flank it and attack the reds before they get in there.
3. The lift on red spawn is there because there is more distance between their spawn and their temple entrance (It is evened out more by giving the blue team slightly more cover). If you time a red and blue soldier from their spawn to their entrance it would be practically equal.

Quote:
Red has the advantage with the rock that provides more cover, but blue is also given an advantage with speed. It is a lot faster to get to the red armory cave than to get to pride rock.
  • 1. NVM
  • 2. The whole point about the map layout was that Red gets on top of closed while Blue can't get on top off initial spawns. In any big team games the temple is rushed off initial spawn. The blue can't flank closed because there is no reason to (red is on top and coming in their keyhole)
  • 3. My point was, Red has a lift to their keyhole, while Blue doesn't. Huge advantage for Red
  • Apex: Are you sure about this, or does it just seem shorter...? But anyway, a good team shooting down on an armory as well as on the entrance (Red to Blue) is much better than the even ground(Blue to Red)
In effect, 9/10 times, when two good teams match, Red will win on Sanctum and Apex.
I’ve noticed red team tends to win and has the better side to defend on all maps. Plus vehicle spawn is safer
Sypriz wrote:
velchron wrote:
How's blue at a disadvantage on a.r.c?

I know that when you're red on "raid on apex 7" you can easily slay blue when they're using the canonman to spire, whilst you hide amongst the rocks.

A.R.C is one of the most balanced maps in terms of layout. If your team fails to cap garage, then you're screwed regardless if team.

In terms of balance, noctus, darkster and stormbreak are great though.
arc is balanced. never said it wasn't.
Sorry. I don't even know how i misread "attack on sanctum" and confused it with "escape from A.R.C.

Most unbalanced thing about sanctum would be the tall rocks on the red side, that are over the canonman. It kind of balances out with how exposed red teams garage is though
velchron wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
velchron wrote:
How's blue at a disadvantage on a.r.c?

I know that when you're red on "raid on apex 7" you can easily slay blue when they're using the canonman to spire, whilst you hide amongst the rocks.

A.R.C is one of the most balanced maps in terms of layout. If your team fails to cap garage, then you're screwed regardless if team.

In terms of balance, noctus, darkster and stormbreak are great though.
arc is balanced. never said it wasn't.
Sorry. I don't even know how i misread "attack on sanctum" and confused it with "escape from A.R.C.

Most unbalanced thing about sanctum would be the tall rocks on the red side, that are over the canonman. It kind of balances out with how exposed red teams garage is though
i was saying arc is easy to win if you get the middle base.
Haily wrote:
Volize wrote:
Totally agree here. Raid and Sanctum are really annoying to play especially when you’re handicapped by TrueSkill 2 :(
Mmmm blue side sanctum 2v12 very fun
Very fun indeed.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3