Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Unbelievable

OP Herecy

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
So about a year ago the Halo community wanted Double XP, but never got it... However almost 1 year and 8 months later we get Double XP - when H5 is practically dead...
Well, one way to get some folks back to let them play a game again is a time-limited double xp event... coincidence?
I see you guys are thinking the same thing as me. We need more double XP though because I finally talked my friend into getting it and ranking up would be a breeze. But I mean we do get REQ boots that give us extra XP for winning matches or getting a certain amount of kills so that may be why we never had it until now.
Better late than never.
The reason they are doing it is for the new people to play catchup. Not for us.
Better late than never.
Better within the first year of the game, instead of almost 2 years into the game when its impossible to find a match in warzone...
The double XP was to "welcome the new players of game pass". Who knows if there will ever be another one. Same reason the recruit pack is offered again and req pack are on sale again. Game pass just launched, it's Microsoft version of Gamefly​ essentially.
I did notice a ton of new accounts in the BTB playlist a couple days ago. Not sure if the double XP was enticing enough to keep them around or not.
If onlt this was a once a month ordeal
Don't forget social slayer. This is the first time we have that too.
If they wanted to keep new players surely a double rp weekend would be more beneficial for them
Not surprising, damn the core fan base but do everything for the newbies who don't stay.
Not surprising, damn the core fan base but do everything for the newbies who don't stay.
Hey, nothing stopping us from using it too. And grinding said newbies while they're there. I got some pretty good commendation work done for my company this weekend.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Better late than never.
Agreed
Eevium wrote:
If they wanted to keep new players surely a double rp weekend would be more beneficial for them
In the long run it would certainly help.
343 only does these things so they can feed micro transactions off of new players .
JackGilb wrote:
Don't forget social slayer. This is the first time we have that too.
When was the last time we asked for that? Oh wait, a year ago...
Xomet wrote:
If onlt this was a once a month ordeal
If only this was done 6 months from when the game first launched (April 2016)
D M4N8 wrote:
The reason they are doing it is for the new people to play catchup. Not for us.
I am willing to guarantee that less than 35% of the players who played this past weekend stayed.
I see you guys are thinking the same thing as me. We need more double XP though because I finally talked my friend into getting it and ranking up would be a breeze. But I mean we do get REQ boots that give us extra XP for winning matches or getting a certain amount of kills so that may be why we never had it until now.
I've uninstalled the game, and I am well pissed off that they decide to do double XP now instead of when we were first beginning the game... And a double RP weekend wouldn't have been bad either.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3