Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Unclear Warden Eternal explanation/introduction

OP Shadowy Agent

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I played Halo 5 campaign for several times and I'm playing it now. This is the worst campaign I ever played in the Halo series. I was very excited about the new villain Warden Eternal. He introduced himself as "Keeper of the Domain" in campaign demo back on 2015 E3. On the actual game, he did not say about this, he just said he is serving Cortana . The one thing I do not understand is that why the Warden Eternal serves Cortana? 343 did not describe about this. Warden Eternal had no clear and fully explanation. What 343 should have done is putting prologue of Cortana reaching the Domain and Genesis and meeting Warden Eternal instead showing Osiris's badass cut scene, or put it before the Osiris cut scene. Forerunner AI is serving Human AI, that is odd. There is no reason to serve Cortana, unless "cooperation", not serving. Also, the Monitor of Genesis Installation said the Warden is not a robot, then who is he? Who is the Warden Eternal?
It's almost like the story is told from the perspectives of characters that aren't privy that information as well.....
Its entirely possible that your questions will be answered in H6. Or you are simply overthinking it. It appeared to me Warden Eternal was just another AI no different than the AIs that we are lead to believe are joining Cortana in her quest. Its entirely possible that both Warden and Cortana are both be controlled by something or someone else. (I hope this is the case).
Because if we knew of her existence before the game came out it would have possibly been ruined. They were trying to make you guess who the real villain is and the answer was very unexpected. Honestly I thought master chief was dreaming and was being messed around with by visions of cortana. But no, its actually her or some impersonation of her. Warden Eternal does protect the Domain and will protect whoever is right to take it. Funny, he has the same logics as the Didact believing that humanity should not take it.
Because if we knew of her existence before the game came out it would have possibly been ruined. They were trying to make you guess who the real villain is and the answer was very unexpected. Honestly I thought master chief was dreaming and was being messed around with by cortana. But not its actually her or some impersonation of her. Warden Eternal does protect the Domain and will protect whoever is right to take it. Funny, he has the same logics as the Didact believing that humanity should not take it.
The didact in fact may not be dead, or at least capable of coming back from the dead. He could in essence still be the real enemy behind everything controlling Cortana and Warden. He did come from nowhere in H4. Who is to say he can't come back again or never really went away, We only think he went away.
I think that the Warden Eternal is the Iso-Didact who was digitized to protect the Domain. He could also be the digitized version of the Lord of Admirals, but if that is the case then that would mean that MC is't. I would rather MC have the Lord of Admirals personality instead. Just my .02 cents
Lord of Admirals is already composed and installed into 343 Guilty Spark, along with 1000s of other subjects.
It's almost like the story is told from the perspectives of characters that aren't privy that information as well.....
But there are characters who are privy to that information. You know, like the Warden. Or Cortana. Or it could have been covered in one of the 117 pieces of Intel in Halo 5. It isn't. Please don't excuse shoddy storytelling.
But there are characters who are privy to that information. You know, like the Warden. Or Cortana. Or it could have been covered in one of the 117 pieces of Intel in Halo 5. It isn't. Please don't excuse shoddy storytelling.
Holding back information is usually a hallmark of a good story. Any novel that just lays everything out there is usually written by an amateur...
Holding back information is usually a hallmark of a good story. Any novel that just lays everything out there is usually written by an amateur...
Sir Friendzone just shows up, says he obeys Cortana and just acts as a boss for most of the game. How does that lead to a good story? 343 Guilty Spark has no problem informing us what his function is. 031 Exuberant Witness had no problem informing us she was the Monitor of Genesis and even informing us that the Builder's created Genesis. You can have a good story while revealing important details. Halo: Cryptum told us how the Flood arrived in the galaxy in the first place, but not their true origin. Halo: Primordium told us the connection between Precursors and the Flood, but not the whole story. Halo: Silentium filled in the rest of the gaps. The Warden just shows up, goes "Notice me Senpai!" and then is brushed aside.
Because if we knew of her existence before the game came out it would have possibly been ruined. They were trying to make you guess who the real villain is and the answer was very unexpected. Honestly I thought master chief was dreaming and was being messed around with by visions of cortana. But no, its actually her or some impersonation of her. Warden Eternal does protect the Domain and will protect whoever is right to take it. Funny, he has the same logics as the Didact believing that humanity should not take it.
Maybe they could put flash back after we knew the Cortana survived or deep conversation between Chief and Cortana
I think the warden eternal is as simple as the name says, just another AI that is a warden... and hes.. eternal? But i think hes just another AI (more work put into him) so he can talk and stuff but hes a greater AI if you like.. a superior one to all the others.. i dont think theres necessarily a story to him that needs to be explained.. i think it woulda made sense if he was a boss battle in halo 4.. so from the start of this story line.. but i dont think it needs explaining necessarily
I think the warden eternal is as simple as the name says, just another AI that is a warden... and hes.. eternal? But i think hes just another AI (more work put into him) so he can talk and stuff but hes a greater AI if you like.. a superior one to all the others.. i dont think theres necessarily a story to him that needs to be explained.. i think it woulda made sense if he was a boss battle in halo 4.. so from the start of this story line.. but i dont think it needs explaining necessarily
With no enough explanation, most people recognize him as "recycled boss", even though he is important character.
Sir Friendzone just shows up, says he obeys Cortana and just acts as a boss for most of the game. How does that lead to a good story? 343 Guilty Spark has no problem informing us what his function is. 031 Exuberant Witness had no problem informing us she was the Monitor of Genesis and even informing us that the Builder's created Genesis. You can have a good story while revealing important details. Halo: Cryptum told us how the Flood arrived in the galaxy in the first place, but not their true origin. Halo: Primordium told us the connection between Precursors and the Flood, but not the whole story. Halo: Silentium filled in the rest of the gaps. The Warden just shows up, goes "Notice me Senpai!" and then is brushed aside.
That information will probably be filled in, well in escalation or upcoming books.
That information will probably be filled in, well in escalation or upcoming books.
That information should be given in the game to a certain degree. Books are a place to expand on lore. Not put all the lore relating to something that happens in the game.
I see people are expecting 70s villians who tell the heroes all their plans and their origins before killing them, instead of a video game. 343 and Exuberant are monitors, is it really that surprising they shared information with Reclaimers? the Warden Eternal does not see humans as Reclaimers so he has no reason to tell them everything, in fact he shows up everywhere there is a Guardian (Except him showing up in Kamchatka is a easter egg) in order to prevent the 'ummies from hitching a ride to Genesis.
The information should be filed in game
There are a lot of parts I dont understand in Halo 5, but I think they will be answered in Halo 6.
Justima wrote:
The information should be filed in game
On a topic like this I agree. I was just stating what will probably happen.
There are a lot of parts I dont understand in Halo 5, but I think they will be answered in Halo 6.
Well, that is the problem
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2