How do i make myself joinable/spectatable in the friends list?

Although i set "friends and spartan company", i still appear as "Not joinable" to those in the spartan company.
Are you appearing offline? I think that can sometimes make you unjoinable.
I'm appearing online in waypoint at the moment ...
vengeant wrote:
That just means you're logged into the site.
"Appearing Offline" refers to how you appear when logged into your console or an Xbox App. You can check this setting by viewing your gamertag profile on your console or the Xbox Companion app on PC.
I have always wondered why so many people in my friends list and clan list appear non-joinable when playing.
Chimera30 wrote:
"Appearing Offline" refers to how you appear when logged into your console or an Xbox App. You can check this setting by viewing your gamertag profile on your console or the Xbox Companion app on PC.
Thanks i'll check that later. As i don't use Windows i can't use the Xbox Companion.

Chimera30 wrote:
vengeant wrote:
... I'm appearing online in waypoint at the moment ...
That just means you're logged into the site....
Ehrm ... it shows as "offline" when i'm on the site on PC (by site i assume you mean Waypoint).
It only shows as online when i'm on the xbox and logged into live and on the site.
Chimera30 wrote:
vengeant wrote:
That just means you're logged into the site.
Ok. On xbox, went to System>Settings>Personalisation>My Profile.
In the "Welcome" tab there is dropdown with "Appear Online" shown on it (and is greyed out in the drop down list) and "Home" is shown under my gamertag.
When i change to "Appear Offline", the latter phrase appears under my gamertag.
So i guess i'm ok on the online score?

As an aside, since logging into the xbox i appear "Online" on the PC.
When i change to "Appear Offline" i still appear online on the PC.
When i log out of xbox live, i (eventually) appear offline.

EDIT (-5hrs)
Just noticed that the popup on the on/offline indicator is Xbox Live Status.
So the only way i appear to be able to become joinable at all is to select "all players" instead of "friends and spartan company".
vengeant wrote:
You can also press the Guide button on your controller, tab all the way to left, select your profile, and scroll down to the last line which is where you can see and change your online status.
tuhin94 wrote:
You can also press the Guide button on your controller, tab all the way to left, select your profile, and scroll down to the last line which is where you can see and change your online status.
Thanks, i'll use that next time ;-)