Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Unfrig - is it still possible???

OP RoastedGoat199

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
As a consistent high gold, low plat arena player, the unfrig has been that prized medal that always seemed a bit out of my reach. now with the scoring change, I feel it is gone.
so, 2 questions for Gold ranked players.
1) do you have an unfrig?
2) was it before or after the point change?

then, I play mainly solo WZ, any tips???

cheers
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not promote cheating or griefing.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Kill bosses initially, spam REQs(camo and Banshees), and don't be afraid to bail out of a position or vehicle if it becomes iffy.
Your best chance of getting an Unfrig is through Warzone. I got mine this previous May with a Banshee Ultra.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Your best chance of getting an Unfrig is through Warzone. I got mine this previous May with a Banshee Ultra.
but you are an onyx player. I'm not surprised you have one. I am surprised you only have one.
I am referring to gold players
As a consistent high gold, low plat arena player, the unfrig has been that prized medal that always seemed a bit out of my reach. now with the scoring change, I feel it is gone.

cheers
Step 1: 12 man lobby
Step 2: Warzone Assualt
Step 3: Let enemy team capture the base in the last 25 seconds of the round
Step 4: Pull the filthiest vehicle you can eg Banshee Ultra or Phaeton Helios
Step 5: Enjoy your 15 minute unfrig session.

[EDIT]You could always play BTB and jump into vehicles and play safe.
BTB (objective) or wz assault (defending last base). I got the majority of mine in btb.

cheers
you can always get unfrigs. PT changes don't matter

cheers

won't work with TS2... but if you do get a 12 up then you might get matchmoded
Warzones the way to go, req powerful stuff like norfang and camo and position yourself wisely
HaXoR73 wrote:
I got mine in June of this year through WZ turbo with a banshee as well but with the Temple Banshee. OP I recommend that you use banshees to help you on your quest since I had never gotten one until the game and the temple boosts faster and fires while boosting which can come in handy when avoiding rocket or hydra missiles.
HaXoR73 wrote:
but you are an onyx player. I'm not surprised you have one. I am surprised you only have one.
I am referring to gold players
Honestly if his rank is onyx, I'd be surprised he has ANY because he would more likely be matched with people similarly ranked if all goes well.
If you really want an unfrig, I suggest rocking btb or warzone with only a group of friends that are good.
When I rocked Reach daily with a group of my buddies, of which they were all pretty good at the game, I would get most of my high tier medals with them. Including some unfrigs. Solo, I wasnt as lucky. It was just hard af to even attempt.
Sypriz wrote:

cheers

What won't work with TS2? I play in 12 man teams all the time.
Get an Ultra Banshee and then do the shoot and hide tactic. If it starts getting weak, bail out in your home base and get another one or something else that's strong. You could also play sneakily using the Prophets Bane with another REQ. Don't use up all the Bane's charge so you have camo throughout the entire match and use something else for killing like a railgun. Camp in one area for short periods and then move to a different area so the other team won't figure out where you are.
Sypriz wrote:

cheers

What won't work with TS2? I play in 12 man teams all the time.
huh... must have low MMR
Can't see how lol, especially when the 12 man teams are built up of some of the sweatiest WZ players on Earth xD

I'm not sure how you search, because the last time I checked when a team searches on expanded, after a certain amount of time it will take the closest thing it can get to allow us in a game. Just the same as it will do that for other players searching on expanded.
Play Warzone. Pull an Ultra Banshee and be smart with it. Easy Unfrig.
Warzones the way to go, req powerful stuff like norfang and camo and position yourself wisely
I barely get past 20 kills. last time I pulled a nornfang out, I managed to get off 3 shots.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Get an Ultra Banshee and then do the shoot and hide tactic. If it starts getting weak, bail out in your home base and get another one or something else that's strong. You could also play sneakily using the Prophets Bane with another REQ. Don't use up all the Bane's charge so you have camo throughout the entire match and use something else for killing like a railgun. Camp in one area for short periods and then move to a different area so the other team won't figure out where you are.
noted.
Volize wrote:
Play Warzone. Pull an Ultra Banshee and be smart with it. Easy Unfrig.
regarding banshees. after watching multiple youtube videos, I realised that I can't get my Banshee to barrel roll continuously. it's like there is a long cooldown period between rolls rendering me a sitting duck. But with the youtube videos, the likes of spliced, continuously roll. Does the fact that I use default button layout affect that?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3