Unfrig - is it still possible???

OP RoastedGoat199

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Volize wrote:
Play Warzone. Pull an Ultra Banshee and be smart with it. Easy Unfrig.
regarding banshees. after watching multiple youtube videos, I realised that I can't get my Banshee to barrel roll continuously. it's like there is a long cooldown period between rolls rendering me a sitting duck. But with the youtube videos, the likes of spliced, continuously roll. Does the fact that I use default button layout affect that?
They nerfed the banshee so you can't continuously flip or roll now. The banshee ultra is still very strong though, you just need to be careful with it
Eevium wrote:
Volize wrote:
regarding banshees. after watching multiple youtube videos, I realised that I can't get my Banshee to barrel roll continuously. it's like there is a long cooldown period between rolls rendering me a sitting duck. But with the youtube videos, the likes of spliced, continuously roll. Does the fact that I use default button layout affect that?
They nerfed the banshee so you can't continuously flip or roll now. The banshee ultra is still very strong though, you just need to be careful with it
Hit-and-runs are your best friend. Dish out as much damage during an attack, then retreat to recharge your shields. Don't be afraid to get a new one if your old one is all beat up. I think I went through 3 when I got my first Unfrig.
Volize wrote:
This was changed at one point because the banshee was too OP
I'll break down a simple method now. Play aggressively at the start and try to get 5-10 kills quickly. Once at level 4 reqs, spawn a wasp and play carefully with it. You'll be able to get plenty of kills and assists with it. Hopefully you're at around 20 kills by now.

Work up to level 6 and spawn a banshee or wait until level 7 and get a nornfang.

Once you're at 30 kills you'll become a big target and you'll want something big like a helios or banshee ultra. Push for the last few kills amd watch for lasers and binary rifles
velchron wrote:
I'll break down a simple method now. Play aggressively at the start and try to get 5-10 kills quickly. Once at level 4 reqs, spawn a wasp and play carefully with it. You'll be able to get plenty of kills and assists with it. Hopefully you're at around 20 kills by now.

Work up to level 6 and spawn a banshee or wait until level 7 and get a nornfang.

Once you're at 30 kills you'll become a big target and you'll want something big like a helios or banshee ultra. Push for the last few kills amd watch for lasers and binary rifles
I'll give it a bash... cheers
I’m a solo player. Never got an unfrig yet, best was the 30 kill streak. Played warzone the other day and got ARC, one of my more favorite matches. Got a few kills, died a few times. We get garage. Then I started my streak. Got a few BR kills and had enough to call in a sword wraith. Start going to work on their armory and get the 10 kill streak and a few more. Get req level 7 and call in my ONI mantis, one of my favorite vehicles. Then I start really going to work, hammering their armory. They manage to take our armory, but we are bombarding them with vehicles. They have two bases, so there are plenty of enemies and locations to choose from. 15 kills, 20 kills, 25 kill streak. We triple cap them. Start going to their base, getting a lot of kills on foot Spartans. Feeling good. They have a tank that’s threatening me. Get away from it, tank gets taken out, and get the 30 kill streak. Get a few more and hit the 35 streak. Best I’ve ever done. Plenty of score left to make the 40, they are still fighting. We have a Helios and other heavy -Yoink-. Get another kill while the team pushes close to core. Then I hear that the core is almost exploded...and my team finishes it off. Nooooo! I was not in any danger, we were beating them down and I could have easily gotten the last 4, but we cored them. So heartbreaking, as that would have been my chance. I could taste it... had 36 kills...and now... back to the drawing board???
I must play warzone completely wrong. Find there is too much fire coming from all directions to get a meaningful streak going. I guess if you're wondering who the weak link is, it's probably yourself!

By the time banshees are out, so are lasers and railguns. A couple cross map laser shots and you're dead. Super impressed by anyone who can put a lengthy spree together in that game mode. Don't think I've done more than a prophets bane running riot.
UK1V wrote:
Can't see how lol, especially when the 12 man teams are built up of some of the sweatiest WZ players on Earth xD

I'm not sure how you search, because the last time I checked when a team searches on expanded, after a certain amount of time it will take the closest thing it can get to allow us in a game. Just the same as it will do that for other players searching on expanded.
I've seen the 12s you run with lol, not to be rude but their not the "sweatiest players on Earth" I try getting games with 8 mans and get a game every 50 or so minutes.
Sypriz wrote:
UK1V wrote:
Can't see how lol, especially when the 12 man teams are built up of some of the sweatiest WZ players on Earth xD

I'm not sure how you search, because the last time I checked when a team searches on expanded, after a certain amount of time it will take the closest thing it can get to allow us in a game. Just the same as it will do that for other players searching on expanded.
I've seen the 12s you run with lol, not to be rude but their not the "sweatiest players on Earth" I try getting games with 8 mans and get a game every 50 or so minutes.
Yeah.... we can never get games with 12 /:
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
UK1V wrote:

only 12s with really low MMR get games... apparently randoms-really small fireteams have a 40%-70% chance of beating them.
Sypriz wrote:
Volize wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
UK1V wrote:

only 12s with really low MMR get games... apparently randoms-really small fireteams have a 40%-70% chance of beating them.
I think it’s actually a 40-60% chance haha
Sypriz wrote:
UK1V wrote:

Really? Well it's enough to beat Adamant when we play. Considering we have the three best boss slayers in the game on our team as well I'd say yeah, we're pretty good and fairly high in the MMR range. Spartan kills aren't everything.
I’m a solo player. Never got an unfrig yet, best was the 30 kill streak. Played warzone the other day and got ARC, one of my more favorite matches. Got a few kills, died a few times. We get garage. Then I started my streak. Got a few BR kills and had enough to call in a sword wraith. Start going to work on their armory and get the 10 kill streak and a few more. Get req level 7 and call in my ONI mantis, one of my favorite vehicles. Then I start really going to work, hammering their armory. They manage to take our armory, but we are bombarding them with vehicles. They have two bases, so there are plenty of enemies and locations to choose from. 15 kills, 20 kills, 25 kill streak. We triple cap them. Start going to their base, getting a lot of kills on foot Spartans. Feeling good. They have a tank that’s threatening me. Get away from it, tank gets taken out, and get the 30 kill streak. Get a few more and hit the 35 streak. Best I’ve ever done. Plenty of score left to make the 40, they are still fighting. We have a Helios and other heavy -Yoink-. Get another kill while the team pushes close to core. Then I hear that the core is almost exploded...and my team finishes it off. Nooooo! I was not in any danger, we were beating them down and I could have easily gotten the last 4, but we cored them. So heartbreaking, as that would have been my chance. I could taste it... had 36 kills...and now... back to the drawing board???
ah man, I can relate. managed 33 kills once, on Sanctum.
I cracked the 30 with nornfang and answer (picked up). heard "we are nearing victory". then "enemy core open" so I charge with 1 shot left in the norn and a few kills left in the answer. I get 3 more and die... because i rushed. if we had 100-200 points left, I wouldn't have done so, pulled another nornfang and played out of my skin to do so.
I was crushed.
I must play warzone completely wrong. Find there is too much fire coming from all directions to get a meaningful streak going. I guess if you're wondering who the weak link is, it's probably yourself!

By the time banshees are out, so are lasers and railguns. A couple cross map laser shots and you're dead. Super impressed by anyone who can put a lengthy spree together in that game mode. Don't think I've done more than a prophets bane running riot.
I'm not always the weak link. I'd say I get a positive KD about 80-85% of the time. I've not checked but will do so. I just don't kill fast enough and with the score doubling per kill, time is now more a factor than before.

just checked... for my last 15 games:
ave kills 12.2. most 20
ave deaths 6.6
ave position 6. best 3rd
ave bosses 1.4

some games almost half the team left, so that was fun. Had a few weird lag outs. to be honest, last night was pretty rage inducing and not a good night but I still only went negative twice (so that's 13% of the time I went negative.... even in the games we got stomped on, not so bad
velchron wrote:

gave it a bash, got destroyed. wasn't surprised. 1 kill with the wasp, 2 kills with the banshee. I think a piece of loo roll is more intimidating than a banshee I pilot
<p></p>
UK1V wrote:

I search expanded because balanced (yeah right...) doesn't get games and that then renders focused, well, pointless
UK1V wrote:

I search expanded because balanced (yeah right...) doesn't get games and that then renders focused, well, pointless
I cannot ever find a game on Balanced so I don't even bother with focused. I live in Australia though so that might have something to do with it.
velchron wrote:

gave it a bash, got destroyed. wasn't surprised. 1 kill with the wasp, 2 kills with the banshee. I think a piece of loo roll is more intimidating than a banshee I pilot
<p></p>
Haha, at least you gave it a crack. I would happily offer more tips or if i see you matching, i could possibly help you get one.
With wasps and banshees, you're way better off playing defensively, unless your team is pushing an armory and distracting the other team.
RoastedGoat199 - Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks

I'm not always the weak link. I'd say I get a positive KD about 80-85% of the time. I've not checked but will do so. I just don't kill fast enough and with the score doubling per kill, time is now more a factor than before.

just checked... for my last 15 games:
ave kills 12.2. most 20
ave deaths 6.6
ave position 6. best 3rd
ave bosses 1.4

some games almost half the team left, so that was fun. Had a few weird lag outs. to be honest, last night was pretty rage inducing and not a good night but I still only went negative twice (so that's 13% of the time I went negative.... even in the games we got stomped on, not so bad
Was referring to myself as the weak link. Apologies for poor wording on my part.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3