Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Unique Armor Combos

OP BenTennysonOMNI

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Whenever I launch a game of Super Fiesta or Firefight, there are a lot of armor sets I typically see. I thought of starting a thread to pitch some ideas for more exotic or unique armor combinations.

What are armor combos you would consider to be good looking and unique at the same time?

Do you consider your armor exotic? If so, tell us the combo!

My armor is:

• Helmet: Scout Outrider
  • Body: Venator Retiarus
  • Visor: Resolute
  • Colors: Lapis Primary, Aqua Secondary
What are armor combos you would consider to be good looking and unique at the same time?
This is just my personal preference, but I'm not a fan of "armor combos" in the sense of mixing and matching different helmets and armors. I always like to wear the corresponding armor with my helmet. Doing otherwise kinda sets off my OCD. But there are still plenty of good-looking sets that are also unique in the sense that I don't see other players wearing them too often. Things like Cypher and Technician, for example.
If by "exotic" you mean not the typical overdone pepper+pepper+Midnight visor and Mark helmets that we see all the time, then I at least try to be. But I like to change my outfit frequently when I play, so it's different from day to day. There are just too many options for me to settle on one outfit. I figure if I had to spend so much time unlocking a gazillion different armors and helmets, I might as well try to at least get some use out of the ones that look decent.
My armor is:

That's a nice look, although the white paint on the Scoutrider helmet is unfortunate
This is just my personal preference, but I'm not a fan of "armor combos" in the sense of mixing and matching different helmets and armors. I always like to wear the corresponding armor with my helmet. Doing otherwise kinda sets off my OCD. But there are still plenty of good-looking sets that are also unique in the sense that I don't see other players wearing them too often. Things like Cypher and Technician, for example.
If by "exotic" you mean not the typical overdone pepper+pepper+Midnight visor and Mark helmets that we see all the time, then I at least try to be. But I like to change my outfit frequently when I play, so it's different from day to day. There are just too many options for me to settle on one outfit. I figure if I had to spend so much time unlocking a gazillion different armors and helmets, I might as well try to at least get some use out of the ones that look decent.
My armor is:

That's a nice look, although the white paint on the Scoutrider helmet is unfortunate
Oh man, I know that OCD feeling. I prefer to wear full sets, but I will mix if the two components look really good together.

And in this Halo day and age, “exotic” can be quantified as anything that isn’t one of the following:
  • Helioskrill
  • Wrath
  • Mark
  • Noble
Nothing unique with my armor; I go with Mark VI Regent entirely, the Legendary visor, and Blueberry and Brick for my primary and secondary colors. However, if you really want to mix things up, go to random.org and use the "true random number generator" to randomly select armors, helmets, visors, colors, and gender. Go to "Customization" here on Waypoint, and you'll find that there are 238 helmets, 229 armors, 63 visors, and 60 colors in rows of 6. Just generate a number and find the corresponding armor.
Not sure why, but I can't stand it when my armor and helmet don't match.
Not exotic at all. My personal opinion is the Air Assault variants are the best looking helmets in the game. Usually go full helmet and armor, myself.

Would consider pairing the Pilot helmet or Operator Gen1 with any armor, but no classic helmet pack at this time.
Achilles helmet, and Venator armor, or full achilles
Full achilles
Nothing unique with my armor; I go with Mark VI Regent entirely, the Legendary visor, and Blueberry and Brick for my primary and secondary colors. However, if you really want to mix things up, go to random.org and use the "true random number generator" to randomly select armors, helmets, visors, colors, and gender. Go to "Customization" here on Waypoint, and you'll find that there are 238 helmets, 229 armors, 63 visors, and 60 colors in rows of 6. Just generate a number and find the corresponding armor.
This makes me think there should have been a random button for armor, helmets, visors, and colors in the game
Meh, mine's just basic cuz I don't exactly like Fotus/Deadeye armour so I think mine's generic.

Helm: Deadeye
Armour: Recon
Visor: Midnight
Colours: Pepper, Steel

I will note I've never actually worn Deadeye Armour, but I know it's the same as FOTUS
Meh, mine's just basic cuz I don't exactly like Fotus/Deadeye armour so I think mine's generic.

I will note I've never actually worn Deadeye Armour, but I know it's the same as FOTUS
Eh, yours isn’t generic relative to the rest of the Halo population. The Deadeye helmet is actually a rarer sight on the battlefield.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show

Eh, yours isn’t generic relative to the rest of the Halo population. The Deadeye helmet is actually a rarer sight on the battlefield.
I might just think it is generic cuz I have either worn Deadeye, Gungnir or Rogue looking helmets with Recon armour all the time.
I know I’m late to this, but I run with reaper from armor with war master tiberian. With the expedition visor, running pepper with blue steel. To be honest I miss when you really could make your armor set unique like in halo 4, and reach. I can’t even imagine what combinations would be out if the made an update where you could mix and match all armor from head to toe. Of course you could only do it with what you have at the time.
I like to switch it up and find unique combinations that I enjoy. That's one of the great things about this game, so many armor sets and variants to find something aesthetically pleasing to your eye. With that said, currently using...

• Helmet: Centurion (Fred's helmet)
  • Body: Wetwork
  • Visor: Midnight
  • Colors: I forget the exact color names, but primary is a coyote tan, and white secondary.
I either go with full Raider armor or the Pilot Helmet with the ODST Nightfall Body, both with the Legendary Visor. I am not really a big fan of the "mix-and-match" armor style personally.
Helioskrill body and Achilles helmet.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Not exotic, although perhaps I am compared to all the unique people I see. I find I stand out in lobbies with my simplicity.

Head: Mark VI [Gen I]
Body: Mark VI [Gen I]
Visor: Dynasty
Colors: Primary Blue, Secondary Black (I don’t recall their exact names)

This has been my basic set up since Halo 2. If it’s not broken don’t fix it, as they say.
For me, I'd never take take this off.
Helmet: Mark VI GEN1 Scarred
Body: Helioskrill
Colors: Pepper (Primary), Lapis (Secondary)
A reason why I choose the Scarred version over OG it's so that it can translate the effort I put into completing all MCC campaigns on Legendary, while Helioskrill is the reward. Maybe it's not the most unique armor set out there, but it is I C O N I C to me.
For me, I'd never take take this off.
Helmet: Mark VI GEN1 Scarred
Body: Helioskrill
Colors: Pepper (Primary), Lapis (Secondary)
A reason why I choose the Scarred version over OG it's so that it can translate the effort I put into completing all MCC campaigns on Legendary, while Helioskrill is the reward. Maybe it's not the most unique armor set out there, but it is I C O N I C to me.
Though Helioskrill isn't really the "reward" for MCC on Legendary now because you can get it through the REQ Packs now.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2