Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

UNSC Aerial "Wasp" and Grunt Mech Boss revealed

OP l RyanW l

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 21
NadeonX wrote:
The question is if this vehicle is here because everyone complained or if it's been in the works for a while.
It's just a reskinned Phaeton, so I doubt it took them long to make it. Most of their time was probably spent figuring out the design for a UNSC aircraft that fits the same functions as the Phaeton.

It was definitely made due to high demand for a UNSC aircraft. 343 aren't very good at anticipating what the community wants without us having to tell them over and over.
How do you know its just a reskinned phaeton? Have you played it? Nope! You are just making assumptions. You are stupid. You are cancer in the halo community.
They said it themselves that it functions like the Phaeton. Only difference is it looks like a UNSC aircraft and shoots bullets and missiles instead of hardlight whatever Forerunner stuff shoots. Use your brain, buddy. Not hard to figure out.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text.

Esta actualización tiene mucho mas empeño que las anteriores, ademas, los nuevos jefes y vehículos se ven geniales¡
Aerial UNSC vehicle? The Wasp is essentially a Hornet that needs to move more. The Grunt Boss though? So much win.

For Lore Buddies:
Spoiler:
Show
Eager to play shooting with these new toys
I can't help but feel that the Wasp won't add to the sandbox. It's VTOL with a machine gun and rockets, just like a phaeton. Regardless, nice to have more vehicles. Better than nothing :)
AWSOME! But they really didn't need to tell us the AV-49 designation...
For Lore Buddies:
Spoiler:
Show

Actually, a Canon Fodder or two ago they said that the Grunts had been experimenting with tech since the covenant fell, and have been putting what they learned to good use, hinting at this
lol the Grunt Goblin! xD I can already hear/see the grunt party skull sound effects/confetti when it gets killed..
as for the Wasp it looks awesome.. But.. Id still rather have a hornet.. dont get me wrong i like the the wasp but I cant see the it being that different from the Pheaton so we dont really need another vehicle that works almost the same.. witch is why id like the hornet back as plays different ofc.. and cuz i miss team working vehicle witch halo 5 lacks..
also as much as I like the grunt mech dam you 343 for not bringing back Brutes into firefight!! missed oppitunty..
Give me the update now!
Here's my take on them both.

They both look pretty cool and the idea of a grunt mech is neat and funny. I just hope Halo doesn't turn all silly look with things like the Grunt mech. Again I like it and it makes sense but I better not see a brute mech or something. If I do Halo is done for me lol

The Wasp is a phaeton reskin. They used it as a base model, turned it around and added a UNSC theme. Anyone who has back round in this field can see this clearly. This doesn't make it BAD either just because they did this, but I must say it would of been nice to have a UNSC air vehicle that could hold more then one person and make it really different then the phaeton.

The Grunt mech as I said earlier is neat but holy crap if this is a REQ we can get then can you say insanely overpower unless it's armour is weak as heck! EMP don't do anything nor can it be boarded!!! I'm sorry but that is just dumb! 343I clearly did this because people complain so much about being boarded or getting EMPed .... "Oh I just called in my ONI Tank and got killed by someone boarding me! it's so dumb!! " Again if this is in FFWZ only then i'm 100% ok with these choices, but if it's a REQ that we can get then, forget that. I'll be using one of my 100+ Spartan Lasers on them every time I see one in a game of warzone.

I really hope 343I doesn't start making vehicles EMP proof either in Halo 5 or future games. I hope this is a one off.

Over all it's cool that we're getting these in game but honesty, again I feel it's a huge missed opportunity for the UNSC air vehicle.
Meh... Should have been at launch. But seriously this was the kinda stuff I was expecting every other update, like a new vehicle or gamemode instead of nothing then all the sudden a bunch of things in one update.
See this didn't need to be in at launch, but stuff like forge should have.
#entitlement
#Optimism #Foolish
We get it.
Apparently not. You're acting very entitled. This wasn't supposed to be and didn't have to be at launch. From the looks of it, this was developed after launch. You're acting like a we deserve a grunt mech and a UNSC air vehicle because we're just the best community (we're not). Seriously, stop acting like an entitled little -Yoink-.
Can't wait for the new update to be released
cant wait for the update lets keep the hype going lol in till it comes out :)
Here's my take on them both.

They both look pretty cool and the idea of a grunt mech is neat and funny. I just hope Halo doesn't turn all silly look with things like the Grunt mech. Again I like it and it makes sense but I better not see a brute mech or something. If I do Halo is done for me lol

The Wasp is a phaeton reskin. They used it as a base model, turned it around and added a UNSC theme. Anyone who has back round in this field can see this clearly. This doesn't make it BAD either just because they did this, but I must say it would of been nice to have a UNSC air vehicle that could hold more then one person and make it really different then the phaeton.

The Grunt mech as I said earlier is neat but holy crap if this is a REQ we can get then can you say insanely overpower unless it's armour is weak as heck! EMP don't do anything nor can it be boarded!!! I'm sorry but that is just dumb! 343I clearly did this because people complain so much about being boarded or getting EMPed .... "Oh I just called in my ONI Tank and got killed by someone boarding me! it's so dumb!! " Again if this is in FFWZ only then i'm 100% ok with these choices, but if it's a REQ that we can get then, forget that. I'll be using one of my 100+ Spartan Lasers on them every time I see one in a game of warzone.

I really hope 343I doesn't start making vehicles EMP proof either in Halo 5 or future games. I hope this is a one off.

Over all it's cool that we're getting these in game but honesty, again I feel it's a huge missed opportunity for the UNSC air vehicle.
The mech isn't a driveable vehicle it's just a boss. Why is a grunt mech funny? Is it because they're grunts? If so, that's discrimination against the unggoy and it will NOT be tolerated!!!! But in all seriousness, how is a killer death robot taller than a Spartan funny?

Why does everyone think that it's a phaeton reskin when they haven't even seen it in action? Yes, it has a vertical takeoff. Does that make it a phaeton reskin? No. There's a reason why the wasp is a rare and the phaeton is legendary.
NadeonX wrote:
The question is if this vehicle is here because everyone complained or if it's been in the works for a while.
It's just a reskinned Phaeton, so I doubt it took them long to make it. Most of their time was probably spent figuring out the design for a UNSC aircraft that fits the same functions as the Phaeton.

It was definitely made due to high demand for a UNSC aircraft. 343 aren't very good at anticipating what the community wants without us having to tell them over and over.
How do you know its just a reskinned phaeton? Have you played it? Nope! You are just making assumptions. You are stupid. You are cancer in the halo community.
They said it themselves that it functions like the Phaeton. Only difference is it looks like a UNSC aircraft and shoots bullets and missiles instead of hardlight whatever Forerunner stuff shoots. Use your brain, buddy. Not hard to figure out.
I don't recall them saying it functions like a phaeton.
JPertu wrote:
Thats HUGE!!
Bow-chicka-bow-wow! ;D

I'm really excited to pilot the Wasp. I imagine it would be very fun for gattling gun sweeps. :3
I'm excited!
omarlotrc wrote:
JPertu wrote:
Thats HUGE!!
Bow-chicka-bow-wow! ;D

I'm really excited to pilot the wasp. I imagine it would be very fun for gattling gun sweeps. :3
Better watch out though cause people love to become blind to everything else but those who fly aerial vehicles.
To those saying the wasp is a re-skin...re-skins aren't new to halo. Have you ever heard of the specter, prowler, beam rifle, plasma repeater, storm rifle, and concussion rifle?
To those saying the wasp is a re-skin...re-skins aren't new to halo. Have you ever heard of the specter, prowler, beam rifle, plasma repeater, storm rifle, and concussion rifle?
Exactly!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 21