2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 21
The grunt mech can jump 200 feet, shoot needles at 8 players simultaneously, and is 100% IMMUNE to all EMP effects, just wow... seems like the best option to defeat to defeat it now is by using the ONI Gauss Hog. Any tank you throw at it will probably be shredded in seconds, unless you are good enough to snipe it from all the way across the map. The Void's Tear might be an interesting counter too... just get the mech stuck so that it can't jump 200 feet into the air
Only Halo ce players will remember-http://ifunny.co/fun/FGSbKjGy3

With these upgrades.....
Looks pretty cool.
I nerdgasmed! Lol
Finally
I'm going to laugh every time this mantis-grunt kills me.
I think it's safe to say this looks like something worthy of being called 'A success'.
Grunt Bot is likely reskin using half Warden, half Hunter
l RyanW l wrote:
Polygon just revealed it
That grunt mech looks adorable though
Finally!!!! I love the new boss!! I mean look how cool it looks, that's the type of enemy I want to fight! And the that Wasp Cant wait to get one.
AJAX119 wrote:
So all that bickering that posting and crying for items we don't deserve seems to be coming undone. Good job community! KEEP THIS UP.
Shut up. But yea I never cared for a unsc air vehicle but I understood a lot of the community wanted one so it's nice were getting one and it looks insanely cool. Typically I hate how 343 designs things but this is nice. And while the grunt thing is cool it just does not feel like something the covenant would use. Ever. What would've been cool is one of the maps or something having a scarab boss.
Now, keep in mind that the Covenant is entirely gone. According to Canon Fodder, the Grunts have cast their lot with Cortana and the Created.
The Banished from Halo wars 2 may come into a main game, in fact I'm counting on it.
What's that got to do with it? They're not part of the covenant, they just use covenant designs. I for one, hope the goblin becomes a staple of halo more than the scarab, as it's a more diverse vehicle.
The goblin isn't very big, the scarab was a full battle platform ridden by other units that was also an unscripted enemy itself, completely different combat roles
NadeonX wrote:
The question is if this vehicle is here because everyone complained or if it's been in the works for a while.
It's just a reskinned Phaeton, so I doubt it took them long to make it. Most of their time was probably spent figuring out the design for a UNSC aircraft that fits the same functions as the Phaeton.

It was definitely made due to high demand for a UNSC aircraft. 343 aren't very good at anticipating what the community wants without us having to tell them over and over.
How do you know its just a reskinned phaeton? Have you played it? Nope! You are just making assumptions. You are stupid. You are cancer in the halo community.
They said it themselves that it functions like the Phaeton. Only difference is it looks like a UNSC aircraft and shoots bullets and missiles instead of hardlight whatever Forerunner stuff shoots. Use your brain, buddy. Not hard to figure out.
I don't recall them saying it functions like a phaeton.
They didn't say it specifically word for word, but common sense says it does. It's a V-TOL (not specific to the Phaeton, but in Halo 5 it is), shoots bullets and can switch to missiles like the Phaeton's hardlight rounds and it's missile-like projectiles. It also has the same general shape/silhouette.
Let's just wait until the live stream before we judge. After all, there has to be some key differences for one to be a rare and the other a legendary.
Grunt Bot is likely reskin using half Warden, half Hunter
Sarcasm, right?
Can we get the wasp in forge?
Yes it is available in forge.
Cannot wait to use the Wasp. The Grunt mech, looks like it will be an awesome boss to fight. Looking at the prerender image it looks like the Mythic one will have two needle canons. Still wish we could get the Hornet or Falcon though. I enjoy having other spartans fighting with me.
The Grunt Mech is going to be OP, I can already tell. In B4 kids cry for it be nerfed, and the Wasp looks like a reskinned Phaeton. It will be fun to have a new vehicle either way though.
Everyone's calling it a reskinned Phaeton but my impression is that it's actually an inbetween, like a banshee that can hover with the phaeton's armaments. Or vis versa, a light phaeton that can actually run well.

If if this thing transitions fluidly from a hover to forward motion I'll be quite satisfied and it's a really cool feel.
I cant wait, it all looks pretty interesting.
The power armor in Fallout 4 grunt edition.
posted this already
AJAX119 wrote:
So all that bickering that posting and crying for items we don't deserve seems to be coming undone. Good job community! KEEP THIS UP.
Shut up. But yea I never cared for a unsc air vehicle but I understood a lot of the community wanted one so it's nice were getting one and it looks insanely cool. Typically I hate how 343 designs things but this is nice. And while the grunt thing is cool it just does not feel like something the covenant would use. Ever. What would've been cool is one of the maps or something having a scarab boss.
Now, keep in mind that the Covenant is entirely gone. According to Canon Fodder, the Grunts have cast their lot with Cortana and the Created.
The Banished from Halo wars 2 may come into a main game, in fact I'm counting on it.
What's that got to do with it? They're not part of the covenant, they just use covenant designs. I for one, hope the goblin becomes a staple of halo more than the scarab, as it's a more diverse vehicle.
The goblin isn't very big, the scarab was a full battle platform ridden by other units that was also an unscripted enemy itself, completely different combat roles
The scarab could only be used in open areas, or by smashing everything in its path. The goblin can be deployed in a less destructive way, and could be hidden if necessary. The goblin also fills more attack roles than "kill everything" which is great, but sometimes quadropedal doom machines aren't "subtle" enough.
I will not read any of the comments only the article, and I must say this looks pretty awesome. I am more excited for the next update, and very glad 343i is adding new enemy variations as well as vehicles.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 21