Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

UNSC Aerial "Wasp" and Grunt Mech Boss revealed

OP l RyanW l

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. ...
  6. 21
I will say pasengers are killed a heck of a lot more often than before. It's a risk being the Warthog gunner now.
I will say pasengers are killed a heck of a lot more often than before. It's a risk being the Warthog gunner now.
Especially when someone gets sniped
The new grunt mech boss looks awsome !
Here's my take on them both.

They both look pretty cool and the idea of a grunt mech is neat and funny. I just hope Halo doesn't turn all silly look with things like the Grunt mech. Again I like it and it makes sense but I better not see a brute mech or something. If I do Halo is done for me lol

The Wasp is a phaeton reskin. They used it as a base model, turned it around and added a UNSC theme. Anyone who has back round in this field can see this clearly. This doesn't make it BAD either just because they did this, but I must say it would of been nice to have a UNSC air vehicle that could hold more then one person and make it really different then the phaeton.

The Grunt mech as I said earlier is neat but holy crap if this is a REQ we can get then can you say insanely overpower unless it's armour is weak as heck! EMP don't do anything nor can it be boarded!!! I'm sorry but that is just dumb! 343I clearly did this because people complain so much about being boarded or getting EMPed .... "Oh I just called in my ONI Tank and got killed by someone boarding me! it's so dumb!! " Again if this is in FFWZ only then i'm 100% ok with these choices, but if it's a REQ that we can get then, forget that. I'll be using one of my 100+ Spartan Lasers on them every time I see one in a game of warzone.

I really hope 343I doesn't start making vehicles EMP proof either in Halo 5 or future games. I hope this is a one off.

Over all it's cool that we're getting these in game but honesty, again I feel it's a huge missed opportunity for the UNSC air vehicle.
I'm gonna assume thatvyoure stupid proposal that the grunt mech is a req is a poorly thought out ploy to complain about 343i. Also, just cause the wasp a vtol don't mean it's a reskinn, folks. The unsc widely employs vtol technology because the ability to hover is useful for accurate and devastating attack. That's what makes it popular. The phaeton is also designed to level light armor. The wasp is designed to attack, then leave before it's shields are depleted. Two different styles, two common factors: machine guns and missiles, which are usually deployed for anti vehicle defense, and vtol.
The grunt looks awesome
KCD0DGER wrote:
Grunt designers? Yeah... can anyone imagine a grunt in a lab coat with glasses and a clipboard doing design work? Grunts are cannon fodder. Why would the Covenant bother wasting time on a vehicle for their worst species of fighters?

This just doesn't make any sort of sense in a strategic manner.
Because the covenant didn't. The covenant is gone, dude. This was made by grunts, for grunts. What's left are Created/Covenant forces. It makes plenty of sense if you actually know the lore behind it.
So you are telling me Grunts designed this? How is that even possible? Grunts don't possibly have to capacity of knowledge to even begin to do this. Not to mention how dumb it is too.

Tl;dr I can't picture Grunt Scientists, so who even made this?
That's racist.
will110391 wrote:
The release date is more then likely going to be next Monday or Tuesday (27th / 28th) right?
29 Bro!! Cant wait till new forge- going to make a huge map for btb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
will110391 wrote:
The release date is more then likely going to be next Monday or Tuesday (27th / 28th) right?
29 Bro!! Cant wait till new forge- going to make a huge map for btb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When did an official date pop up?
will110391 wrote:
The release date is more then likely going to be next Monday or Tuesday (27th / 28th) right?
29 Bro!! Cant wait till new forge- going to make a huge map for btb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
When did an official date pop up?
On the home page on Waypoint
stckrboy wrote:
But no one is asking the most important question, if i head shot the Goblin will it explode into a giant cloud of confetti?!? I want that satisfying popping sound, mushroom cloud of confetti and a deathcry of YAY!
Lmao, this is a must😅😂
Agreed
Circinius wrote:
stckrboy wrote:
But no one is asking the most important question, if i head shot the Goblin will it explode into a giant cloud of confetti?!? I want that satisfying popping sound, mushroom cloud of confetti and a deathcry of YAY!
Lmao, this is a must😅😂
Agreed
LOL😆!!!!!!!!!
Seen this the other day and I'm very happy we finally get a UNSC air vehicle back!

And a Mecha-Grunt is just a fantastic idea.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. ...
  6. 21