Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Update on Warzone 12-Man Fireteams!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 18
There are some pretty great people at 343i so I'm not totally sold on the idea that anyone at 343i could even get far enough with an idea to tell us something that is less than factual. We all know that grim, Ske7ch, Bravo, tom, and so many others would absolutely stand up and fight it. HOWEVER, if a lie shrouds itself behind an agreeable cause like keeping the new players from getting stomped all day by the rest of us or simply keeping the game alive, it becomes much less likely that anyone would challenge it. So I can't really see 343i just straight up lying to it's players in any nefarious way.

Edited because I made a typo. Also because I wanted to say that 343i is pretty great and they tend to do what they can so don't take what I said as gospel. I'm merely speculating... On the internet, with strangers.
tempast26 wrote:
Does anyone know when the next update is coming out
no
Ther should be a 12 on 12 warzone mode where you race teams to complete objectives first. For instance the kill 100 crawlers would be first to 100 gets the point, and defense would be the most life left on the device being protected. At the end of 5 matches or when time runs out the team with most points wins.
There are some pretty great people at 343i so I'm not totally sold on the idea that anyone at 343i could even get far enough with an idea to tell us something that is less than factual. We all know that grim, Ske7ch, Bravo, tom, and so many others would absolutely stand up and fight it. HOWEVER, if a lie shrouds itself behind an agreeable cause like keeping the new players from getting stomped all day by the rest of us or simply keeping the game alive, it becomes much less likely that anyone would challenge it. So I can't really see 343i just straight up lying to it's players in any nefarious way.

Edited because I made a typo. Also because I wanted to say that 343i is pretty great and they tend to do what they can so don't take what I said as gospel. I'm merely speculating... On the internet, with strangers.
I have no beef with 343i. They are passionate about the games they Create. The problems I have are the decisions that have harmed the franchise that are obviously made to create revenue for Microsoft.

Limiting 12 player warzone to 6 player fireteams only happened when quick coring became the norm for 12 player fireteams. They did nothing when farming was at its highest. Because req use was high. As soon as req use was obviously minimized, they teams that were causing the lower req use were eliminated.

The game was rushed before an acceptable amount of content was present in order to sell consoles prior to the Christmas season. Harming the long term viability of the game due to a poor first impression. I mean compare the game we had a launch to the game we have now. Night and day.

Halo would be in a much better state if the developers could just make their game without influence from Microsoft.

If we did not have purchasable req packs 12 player warzone would still be around. I have no doubt in my mind about that.
We were promised 12 man fireteams when Halo 5 was released....now we don't have that anymore. Along with 343 saying the fireteam limit was just a test (as was the same for wza) and yet here we are with no official word on if/when the fireteam limit will be temporary or not. With lack of information....wz will be just the same as wza which started out the exact same way. No official test data or word from 343 about the limit or how long it will stay for.
Limiting 12 player warzone to 6 player fireteams only happened when quick coring became the norm for 12 player fireteams. They did nothing when farming was at its highest. Because req use was high. As soon as req use was obviously minimized, they teams that were causing the lower req use were eliminated.
So, if we promise to farm every game, we get 12-man fireteams back?
Arcane 83 wrote:
Arcane 83 wrote:
Arcane 83 wrote:
Thank You, I consider myself a good player but against a 12-man fireteam, I'm screwed.
I'm not trying to be rude, but if you don't want to play with a team, you don't want to communicate, strategize, and reach your full potential as a competitor in large TEAM playlist, why should everyone who does be punished for it? Outside of 1v1 customs for bragging rights and FFA modes, Solo play has never been a predominate part of Halo's multiplayer. It's a team-based shooter where Raw skill must be used in conjunction with teamwork, teamshot, and communication in order to win games. Obviously you shouldn't be forced to go above and beyond to hone those aspects of your game-play to become a better competitor, but why should the portion of the population that does try to get better and actually fully invest in all aspects of becoming better competitors be punished because some people don't want to put that work in?

Obviously you don't stand a chance with just your raw skill against a 12 man team because every single one of them has teamwork, communication, and teamshot skills, which is 3/4 of what "Skill" is in Halo. The idea people have that they are "Good at Halo" simply because they can put the reticule on people consistently is inherently flawed. I know our team spent 10-15 hours a week watching game film of losses and adjusting strategies over and over for months until we had a formula that really worked, and even then we could be beaten, because most of our players don't have that overwhelming raw skill, we just worked hard for years to master the teamwork and strategy aspects of the game. Getting farmed sucks, I play alone and get farmed almost every night. I get it. But instead of feeling spiteful, I go watch the film and I figure out ways to break their starts the next time around. Then I get on with my team and I go compete against them with the knowledge I gained. I don't whine about how other people have mastered the game over me, I get better. Teams shouldn't be punished for being too good. Those players on the best teams have spent thousands of hours mastering Halo.
Please refer to The OP:

"The reasoning for this test was in response to feedback and data showing that the vast majority of WZ players were entering matchmaking either solo or in small Fireteams".

team players ARE the minority...
If we were actually the minority, there would be no HCS. 343 is obviously trying to justify making changes to cater to the casual audience. It sucks that they appear to have been very dishonest in achieving that end. When only you have access to the data, this kind of thing happens. Fortunately, the halo community is full of very bright people.
Why would 343i lie?
Bahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

"the most active monthly users since halo 3"

Anyone else remember that one?

I also can no longer get 11 of my friends and participate in the largest scale MP to date in Halo.A broken promise is a lie.

The entire campaign propaganda?

The only thing they don't lie about is financials. They keep those to themselves because Microsoft is a publicly traded company. To lie about that would be criminal. Literally.
So you're saying that solo players aren't the majority, and that by 343 saying this - they're lying to everyone , to annoy the in actual fact MAJORITY of players who always play in large fireteams?

why do you think that would be the case? In your opinion, why lie to the MAJORITY of your user base?
Because they have the numbers all to themselves and they can say whatever they want. But nothing is confirmed and I could be wrong.
But if teams were the majority, 343 wouldn't risk alienating them as it'd be a huge loss to revenue stream. Doesn't make business sense, and they are after all - a business.

as a solo player - I think I'd be happy if 343 drove teams away. It'd make my experience that much better if Warzone was just casual solo players like me. Let the hardcore/competitive/farmers/ players run riot in an arena mode catered for the Achilles grind/ people that care about their stats.
I feel that would be a great idea, but will 343 really go through with it. We have seen a lot of good but a lot of bad in halo 5
This is the fact of the matter. If you look at this from a business perspective 343 had to maximize revenue. Having us running teams and coring in 3 minutes meant no reqs being used, but man when teams would farm for over 20 minutes and spawn reqs like crazy not a peep from 343. They're clearly using this "dogpile" argument to make it look like they care about "fair" games, whatever that means, but it's clear they just need/want games to go as long as possible.

This fireteam limit certainly achieves that because no matter how good my team is we just can't quick core anymore. It's just not possible with 6 guys on your team that have no thumbs. I've witnessed games with randoms going 0-40+ multiple times, and these are games where my team pushed back for a triple cap and just couldn't core. How can you not get a single kill in a triple cap situation? Lack of thumbs, that's the only way. lol

Warzone is a whole new kind of frustrating with the 6 man cap and it's clear the population is dropping fast just like it did in WZA when they put in the 6 man cap. Don't worry though, you can always head over to BTB and play 16 minute slayer games because all but maybe one or two guys will quit when they notice they're going to lose 100-10 so it's impossible to get to 100 kills. That's super fun. Not sure how 343 plans to make money when most of the large groups just moved to BTB to curb stomp people or just quit the game altogether.
Very simple, have the original 12 man team warzone which I paid for, put back in place. also have the 6 man cap in the playlist. Separate match making, done.
While we're at it, take out the A.I and make warzone the big team battle we should have gotten, rather than the atrocity BTB is.
The vehicles and play mechanics have always been great.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making posts that do not contribute to the topic at hand.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Im still getting farmed. And terribly. I mean you could have moved down like a little more right. Because OMG i get cored so often.
Graz34 wrote:
Im still getting farmed. And terribly. I mean you could have moved down like a little more right. Because OMG i get cored so often.
Farming and quick-coring are essentially opposites of each other. Farming involves purposefully not coring.
I'm excited for that, thank u !#
Instead of forcing groups to have 12 players, why can't it been a lower number, like 4 to 12. Having a max lobby is pushing it. The issue is leaving people out, and this just creates another issue.

I also want to be able to play with 12 people and not be completely smashed by the enemy team. Warzone isn't ranked. It shouldn't be treated like it's ranked. Just because you have a 12 man team, doesn't mean they are good. This doesn't solve anything.
AEARONJER wrote:
Very simple, have the original 12 man team warzone which I paid for, put back in place. also have the 6 man cap in the playlist. Separate match making, done.
While we're at it, take out the A.I and make warzone the big team battle we should have gotten, rather than the atrocity BTB is.
The vehicles and play mechanics have always been great.
Yeh, with all them modes already put in, I don't see why one mode has any impact on another.. Just add both, and please add a Warzone without the AI's. Don't get me wrong, I kind of like the AI, but it would be great to have the opportunity of choice regarding this. I know there's the assault thing, but it ain't quite the same tho.
So farmers are mad because its hard to farm now... if the farmers had some sportsmanship instead of pretty much trolling solo players... 343i wouldn't have done what they did

Lets really call it what it is... farmers did this because of that stupid ugly armor
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
i always thought 8 people wast enough for warzone firefight
ske7ch wrote:
Hey folks - I wanted to share a quick update on the Warzone Fireteam "test" and plans for a NEW test that will be kicking off next weekend!

As you know, late last year the Warzone design team implemented a test changing the max number of players in a WZ Fireteam from 12 to 6. The reasoning for this test was in response to feedback and data showing that the vast majority of WZ players were entering matchmaking either solo or in small Fireteams and facing off against pre-made 12-man squads was resulting in a poor experience. Games of individual/smaller disparate groups matching against seasoned 12-man pre-made Fireteams often resulted in lop-sided victories and in extreme cases, straight up "farming" of these helpless individuals for the duration of a game. So far the test is indeed showing that blow out victories/defeats are less common and feedback from solo/small Fireteam players has been positive.

That said, we also recognize that while technically a minority in terms of the overall population, there is still an active and passionate group of Halo 5 Companies that have built a strong community regularly playing in 12-man Fireteam WZ matches. The change noted above negatively impacted that play style and segment of our population so the team has been working on potential ways to satisfy both audiences.

While we realize there are some tradeoffs and potential shortcomings that may not make this the ideal permanent solution - namely potentially long wait times depending on the health of the "premade 12-man Fireteam population" - the 343 team still feels it's worth testing out a new Warzone playlist that specifically caters to large Fireteams.

Mark your calendars. Rally your Halo 5 Companies and assemble your Fireteams. Prepare for the "Warlords" playlist coming to Halo 5 Warzone on Friday, Jan. 27 at approx. 2PM PST. This is going to be run as a test and given population constraints will be setup to run for the weekend, similar in fashion to the Mythic WZ Firefight playlist.

It's important to note that you'll ONLY be able to enter matchmaking in the Warlords playlist if you're in a 12-man Fireteam. If this sounds cool to you but you don't have enough friends currently, look into joining a Halo 5 Company and/or check out the official "Halo" club on Xbox One. Within the Halo club you can utilize the "Looking for Group" feature to find 11 more Spartans to join you in Warzone. We're working on putting together a 343 Fireteam right now and look forward to doing battle next Friday. And if Uny, Grim and I can't fill out our roster we'll be in the Halo club looking for 9 more folks to take up arms.

Thank you for your patience and understanding as we've worked through these issues and we look forward to your help and feedback as we test the Halo 5 "Warlords" Warzone playlist next Friday-Sunday. See you then!
This is cool.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 12
  4. 13
  5. 14
  6. 15
  7. 16
  8. ...
  9. 18