Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Update on Warzone 12-Man Fireteams!

OP ske7ch

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18
You mentioned farming as an extreme problem for helpless individuals. Has farming also been alleviated in the resulting data collection?
I'd be interested to know this as well, as I'm still seeing a few one sided games. Though, it's been a while since I've been pulled off the bench into a 5 v 12 Warzone Core farm, not everyone may be experiencing the same.

Generally, I think the "Warlords" playlist sounds like a good idea to test the waters for a more Ranked version of Wrazone. Whilst I understand a lot of people are skeptical about queue times, this may also help promote alternative ways to filling groups, such as Xbox Clubs, etc as has been suggested. The tools are there, players just have to want to use them.

It's worth a try, and hopefully 343 can get some valuable data and feedback to help balance Warzone in the long term.
I mentioned this in the 12-man Warzone thread, but I'll do it again.

Make one Warzone playlist have a fireteam limit of 4-5 people and make Warlords open for everyone. This helps solo players not face full parties in the regular Warzone playlist and it reduces the search times for bigger parties in the Warlords playlist since solo players and parties of 6 or more can search in it.
This is amazing ske7ch....and maybe until 12 man gains a population back I can see this working on the weekends....it gives me something to look forward to....
I'm sure this will be fun, but it's just a bandaid on the lack of party matching.

why not just match larger parties (6+ players) against other large parties? Now you have to have a team of Less than 7 OR a team of 12. Nothing in between is allowed... that's silly.
Thanks so much! This is going to be a crazy next weekend. Good luck to everyone:)
Great! that seems to work absolutle chaos that sometimes gets on warzone (in a bad way) only thing left on the agenda, Getting Warzone Turbo as a permamnent playlist...
Looking forward to it, though I'm just slightly concerned that 'over the weekend' might not be enough. Think it could be extended to say, five days? To give folks who work on the weekends a chance to get in on the fun?

The mandatory 12 limit... I hope that works out, but I can't shake the feeling at the back of my mind that it might introduce problems of its own. Least of all long search times if there's no other team of 12 currently searching as well. But, that's what those Halo groups are for like you said! Just shout out and see if any other team's ready to rumble or not.
Really excited to play this. I wish you guys would have never touched the player limit in the first place and just made it so that teams will match other teams if two are searching. That seems like the blatantly obviously choice but what do I know.
I think for warlords it might be a good idea for some thing like 6 and 12 man teams. So 2 teams of 6 could make a full team. I assume singler people could still join a team to fill any empty spaces of a friends game.

Warzone it's self feels like it's stuck in a triple cap meta cause even with 6 man teams and solo players every one is ignoring bosses unless the triple cap isn't going to happen then going for bosses. I feel like maybe warzone should just be 2 seperate game modes. 1 with it just having bosses to fight over and only a centre base to capture or no base. Then an other with just bases to capture and no bosses.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I mentioned this in the 12-man Warzone thread, but I'll do it again.

Make one Warzone playlist have a fireteam limit of 4-5 people and make Warlords open for everyone. This helps solo players not face full parties in the regular Warzone playlist and it reduces the search times for bigger parties in the Warlords playlist since solo players and parties of 6 or more can search in it.
I often play solo but I would definitely swap over to warlords if individuals could join it. I would rather play with coordinated groups than a bunch of individuals. I've only been farmed 3 times in over a thousand games so I never understood the complaints. I'd rather play against a full team than with a bunch of uncoordinated randoms
EDIT: Spelling errors
Unfortunately I don't see this working out. Mandatory 12 man teams sounds great, but what happens when a guy gets dropped from the game? There's no JIP so that team is down a man for the whole match. I know this isn't the best analogy to use, but there needs to be something to account for that.
This is going to be sick, cant wait to play you again but this time it'll be more fair, ske7ch :)
Sounds like an almost perfect fix to me the only problem is how it'll only be a weekend playlist. Make it permanent and it'll be perfect
May the best team win. Have fun and good luck, everyone! 🙂
Honestly, I'm confused on what is happening...
Better that nothing! Finally playing again.
Let's see if can get my company mates to play Halo again...
Honestly, I'm confused on what is happening...
343 is running a test of a new WZ playlist where 12-man teams will be matched against other 12-man teams.

"you'll ONLY be able to enter matchmaking in the Warlords playlist if you're in a 12-man Fireteam."
get used to playing against the same team multiple games in a row
Ha screw you farmers
Red III wrote:
get used to playing against the same team multiple games in a row
That what I used to get when there wasn't a limit. I had to block random company members to avoid companies.

One night I had blocked about 3-4 different companies in a row.

Thing is I don't mind fighting a full company if I feel up to it but it was happening every night around the same time I just didn't have the patience for it every game.

For any one currious what time it would likely be the most populated 11pm to 2 pm give or take an hour in the UK. That's at least was the prime time for full company appearances before.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 18