Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Vehicle armor

OP MB Mako

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
I think that h5 could’ve done without all the vehicle variants
Agreed, they should've spend their time addin the spectre, prowler, chopper, hornet, falcon etc. Instead, yk vehicles that already existed. Instead they wasted their time making 20+ warthog variants....
Can’t forget the mongoose variants and gungoose variants lol
Actually i can, given how important they are in gameplay.....right? OH WAIT
lol, cant forget the scorpion variants too...
Nice!
But what about ennemies and spartans?
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
Agreed, they should've spend their time addin the spectre, prowler, chopper, hornet, falcon etc. Instead, yk vehicles that already existed. Instead they wasted their time making 20+ warthog variants....
True, but there is only one type of scorpion, meanwhile there are 4 types of warthogs(scout, chaingun, gaus and rockets), and 2 goose variants(mon and gungoose) all having AT LEAST 6 variants, chaingun hog having 8 and rocket hog 7
Nice!
But what about ennemies and spartans?
Spartans(players) have exactly 70 shields and 45 health. enemies, assuming you mean the warzone ai enemies i can't say as there are no ai in forge nor can we forge on warzone ff maps...unfortunately
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
True, but there is only one type of scorpion, meanwhile there are 4 types of warthogs(scout, chaingun, gaus and rockets), and 2 goose variants(mon and gungoose) all having AT LEAST 6 variants, chaingun hog having 8 and rocket hog 7
i wouldn't mind 4 types of scorpions tbh, (The normal one, an upgraded one, ONI, and Hannibal)
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
i wouldn't mind 4 types of scorpions tbh, (The normal one, an upgraded one, ONI, and Hannibal)
But for some reason we have 4 "upgraded" Ones, 3 of them being the same. Corp, urban, tundra, woodland
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
But for some reason we have 4 "upgraded" Ones, 3 of them being the same. Corp, urban, tundra, woodland
im pretty sure the tundra has the most upgraded armor out of all of them... but you can't tell in game... all the variants are pointless
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
Sypriz wrote:
im pretty sure the tundra has the most upgraded armor out of all of them... but you can't tell in game... all the variants are pointless
You actually can(its how i got the info in the initial post lol) just need to figure out how. But the tundra urban and woodland have the same armor, same dmg reduction, same weapon damage, same reload/cooldown time, same bullet velocity, same bullet drop(in the tanks case) etc. The only difference is indeed the skinn.
I am checking and gathering weapon stats now,( weapon damage, headshot damage, hits/ticks with beam weapons(binary, sentinel beam, splaser etc). So expect weapon stats soon, i will not be doing red reticle range of every weapon as precise cause centimeters harly make a difference. So for those azolai watchers know that most rrr will be either rounded up or down.

After that i will be doing vehicle damage which is gonna be alot harder to check as some vehicles have very varying damages due to submunitions that spread randomly(ultra wraith, hanibal wasp, hanibal mantis etc.
MB Mako wrote:
So recently i found a way to see the exact amount of armor/health/shields vehicles have, and since I'm really a statistical freak and im bored in the car omw home i thought why not post it here.(maybe somewhere out there are ppl like me xd)
Mon/gungoose
-stock: 370
-corp: 444
-woodland: 518
-urban:518
-tundra:518
-oni:647

Warthog
-stock: 500
-rally: 700
-corp: 600
-woodland: 700
-urban: 700
-tundra: 700
-oni:875
-sword: armor:700 Shields:150

Scorpion
-stock:750
-corp:862
-woodland:937
-urban:937
-tundra:937
-oni:1125
-hannibal:938

Mantis
-stock armor:650 Shields:143
-corp armor:750 Shields:157
-woodland armor:875 Shields:183
-urban armor:875 Shields:183
-tundra armor:875 Shields:183
-oni armor:1000 Shields:200
-hannibal armor:875 Shields:218

Wasp
-standard armor:450 Shields:90
-oni armor:630 Shields:90
-hannibal armor:540 Shields:108

Ghost
-standard:400
-sword:560
-ultra:700
-temple:700

Wraith
-standard:600
-sword:720
-ultra:900
-temple:900
-anti air:720

Banshee
-standard armor:330 Shields:99
-sword armor:462 Shields:99
-ultra armor:660 Shields:99
-temple armor:660 Shields:99

Phaeton
-standard:650
-helios:812

Stationary chaingun/gaus/rocket turret:
Stationary plasma turret:
Stationary splinter turret:
Shade turrets:
310(both the shade and aa-turret)

So yeah there are a few conclusions I've got from this:
-all urban, woodland, and tundra variants are(like i thought) the exact same in terms of armor, same with temple and ultra variants

- all vehicles have a dmg reduction, the heavier the vehicle the higher the dmg reduction(more noticeable with small arms fire like loadouts)

-weapon damage against a vehicles shields will do the same dmg as if it was fired against players and won't get the dmg reduction of the vehicle(only armor does)

-ALL vehicles have regenerating armor, all vehicles will regenerate up to a certain "checkpoint" (What i like to call it) which is 25% of their max armor. For example a rally hogs checkpoint is every 175 points of armor and will keep regenerating to full health until it has recieved more then 175 dmg, once you've passed a checkpoint you'll see armor break off the vehicle and it won't regen past 525 arnor points after passing the 1st checkpoint(in case of the rally hog).

-the req variant "armor upgrades" Have nothing to do with the dmg reduction a vehicle gets(an oni hog has the same dmg reduction as a standard variant), same with the standard wraith and temple wraith and so forth

-the engines of the warthog and scorpions only count as weak spots once their engine cover has been broken(on the scorpion you'll see a red flashig light once that happens) until then it will just count as a regular hit. On the warthog shooting the wheels does more dmg then shooting the engine so you might as well just shoot the wheels instead

-the banshees weak spot is the blue light on the wings(joint?), however it only counts as a weak spot with certain weapons(mostly loadout), for example boltshots and suppressors(which home in on weak spots), don't do more dmg where the dmr does and the br does sometimes. I suspect it has something to do with the bullet ricochet so it hits the weak spot and bounces off then hit the banshee again(if that makes sense lol) so the shot hits twice. Long story short don't bother aiming specifically for that spot as it is very small and dmg hardly increases much.

-the checkpoint thing does NOT count for the shade turrets nor do they regenerate, regular turrets do tho

I will still be doing more tests regarding damage spikes, and dmg reduction against different types of ammunition (plasma, hardlight, balistic, explosive, kinetic beams(binary/sentinel beam etc)) and I will keep updating this post when i find out more stuff

If anyone has questions just ask

*edit 1: corrected my mistake on the banshee weakspot part
Awesome Info you are a Great Spartan!
Massello01 wrote:
MB Mako wrote:
So recently i found a way to see the exact amount of armor/health/shields vehicles have, and since I'm really a statistical freak and im bored in the car omw home i thought why not post it here.(maybe somewhere out there are ppl like me xd)
Mon/gungoose
-stock: 370
-corp: 444
-woodland: 518
-urban:518
-tundra:518
-oni:647

Warthog
-stock: 500
-rally: 700
-corp: 600
-woodland: 700
-urban: 700
-tundra: 700
-oni:875
-sword: armor:700 Shields:150

Scorpion
-stock:750
-corp:862
-woodland:937
-urban:937
-tundra:937
-oni:1125
-hannibal:938

Mantis
-stock armor:650 Shields:143
-corp armor:750 Shields:157
-woodland armor:875 Shields:183
-urban armor:875 Shields:183
-tundra armor:875 Shields:183
-oni armor:1000 Shields:200
-hannibal armor:875 Shields:218

Wasp
-standard armor:450 Shields:90
-oni armor:630 Shields:90
-hannibal armor:540 Shields:108

Ghost
-standard:400
-sword:560
-ultra:700
-temple:700

Wraith
-standard:600
-sword:720
-ultra:900
-temple:900
-anti air:720

Banshee
-standard armor:330 Shields:99
-sword armor:462 Shields:99
-ultra armor:660 Shields:99
-temple armor:660 Shields:99

Phaeton
-standard:650
-helios:812

Stationary chaingun/gaus/rocket turret:
Stationary plasma turret:
Stationary splinter turret:
Shade turrets:
310(both the shade and aa-turret)

So yeah there are a few conclusions I've got from this:
-all urban, woodland, and tundra variants are(like i thought) the exact same in terms of armor, same with temple and ultra variants

- all vehicles have a dmg reduction, the heavier the vehicle the higher the dmg reduction(more noticeable with small arms fire like loadouts)

-weapon damage against a vehicles shields will do the same dmg as if it was fired against players and won't get the dmg reduction of the vehicle(only armor does)

-ALL vehicles have regenerating armor, all vehicles will regenerate up to a certain "checkpoint" (What i like to call it) which is 25% of their max armor. For example a rally hogs checkpoint is every 175 points of armor and will keep regenerating to full health until it has recieved more then 175 dmg, once you've passed a checkpoint you'll see armor break off the vehicle and it won't regen past 525 arnor points after passing the 1st checkpoint(in case of the rally hog).

-the req variant "armor upgrades" Have nothing to do with the dmg reduction a vehicle gets(an oni hog has the same dmg reduction as a standard variant), same with the standard wraith and temple wraith and so forth

-the engines of the warthog and scorpions only count as weak spots once their engine cover has been broken(on the scorpion you'll see a red flashig light once that happens) until then it will just count as a regular hit. On the warthog shooting the wheels does more dmg then shooting the engine so you might as well just shoot the wheels instead

-the banshees weak spot is the blue light on the wings(joint?), however it only counts as a weak spot with certain weapons(mostly loadout), for example boltshots and suppressors(which home in on weak spots), don't do more dmg where the dmr does and the br does sometimes. I suspect it has something to do with the bullet ricochet so it hits the weak spot and bounces off then hit the banshee again(if that makes sense lol) so the shot hits twice. Long story short don't bother aiming specifically for that spot as it is very small and dmg hardly increases much.

-the checkpoint thing does NOT count for the shade turrets nor do they regenerate, regular turrets do tho

I will still be doing more tests regarding damage spikes, and dmg reduction against different types of ammunition (plasma, hardlight, balistic, explosive, kinetic beams(binary/sentinel beam etc)) and I will keep updating this post when i find out more stuff

If anyone has questions just ask

*edit 1: corrected my mistake on the banshee weakspot part
Awesome Info you are a Great Spartan!
Thanks, i always do things like this when im bored which is alot, since i have everything unlocked so and im not a comp player. Theres nothing else to do besides forge
Thanks for the info! I have played this game an unreasonable amount already, and you still managed to teach me a few things
Hey ppl that are looking at this post, I've made a much more expanded post which shows not only vehicle armor, but also the damage of nearly(if not) every weapon, including req variants

Here is a link:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/weapon-and-vehicle-stats/ca152f18-907c-47e4-af76-575d526e9927/posts?page=1
banshees are weaker than a mongoose yet still got nerfed 50 times
Red III wrote:
banshees are weaker than a mongoose yet still got nerfed 50 times
Weaker in terms of armor but they do have regenerative shields, as well as weapons lol
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2