I'm not sure if there has been a thread about this, but can we please get a patch so friendly vehicles lightly bumping into you doesn't take all your shields I think friendly splatter should be turned off. What are your thoughts ?
I think there are no perfect alternative.
  1. Turn off friendly splatter but keep physics, the betrayers just push everyone around with vehicles all day, and are just as annoying. At least now when they run you over, you respawn away from them.
  2. Turn off friendly splatter and turn off physics, and suddenly friendly Spartans become roadblocks that stop your vehicle in its tracks. Annoying for drivers trying to get somewhere fast who try to pass unobservant allies. Or trolls just get in your way and block you on purpose.
  3. Make vehicles pass through friendly Spartans, and that breaks immersion quite a bit. Also probably opens up different kinds of exploits.
Friendly fire is a long-standing aspect of Halo that has come under fire by some who feel Halo would be better if it went away completely. However I think it adds an interesting dynamic in that it forces players to be a bit more tactical in their decisions so as to not also kill their allies. Instead of removing friendly fire, I think the system needs to be more sophisticated and better at identifying and removing griefers.
Friendly splatter would inevitably turn into friendly vaulting. I get where you're coming from, and the occasional bump does suck, but from my experience it is not that wide spread.
Chimera30 wrote:
  1. Turn off friendly splatter but keep physics, the betrayers just push everyone around with vehicles all day, and are just as annoying. At least now when they run you over, you respawn away from them.
  2. Turn off friendly splatter and turn off physics, and suddenly friendly Spartans become roadblocks that stop your vehicle in its tracks. Annoying for drivers trying to get somewhere fast who try to pass unobservant allies. Or trolls just get in your way and block you on purpose.
  3. Make vehicles pass through friendly Spartans, and that breaks immersion quite a bit. Also probably opens up different kinds of exploits.
Friendly fire is a long-standing aspect of Halo that has come under fire by some who feel Halo would be better if it went away completely. However I think it adds an interesting dynamic in that it forces players to be a bit more tactical in their decisions so as to not also kill their allies. Instead of removing friendly fire, I think the system needs to be more sophisticated and better at identifying and removing griefers.
I think the first option would work best IMO. And being pushed I think it less annoying then being killed or popped shield from slight bump.
Somehow, I'd bet if they did do a patch like that it would make splattering people even harder in PvP gametypes. It can already be annoying when you hit someone head on and they don't die and that would probably make it worse.
It's not worth it. The system we have now, although not perfect, is closer to perfect than any solution I can think of right now,
Chimera30 wrote:
Actually there's is a better solution...simply turn down the damage done to ally players, change nothing against enemy players because it's just weird that a slight nudge can kill someone instantly...no matter what the speed of the vehicle is at.

Meanwhile the physic's are already broken as it is so it really should be reworked...I've seen enough weird things with H5's physic's.
Friendly shield destruction isn’t the best but it should still be in the game, if your wondering how to turn it off just go to game mode options and turn friendly splatter off.
I personally think it should stay on. When playing with friends it’s immensely fun when you guys are screwing around and are shooting each other or trying to run each over. Taking it off would take that enjoyment away from the players.
I personally think it should stay on. When playing with friends it’s immensely fun when you guys are screwing around and are shooting each other or trying to run each over. Taking it off would take that enjoyment away from the players.
I feel like that friendly silliness should be left in custom games.
Eh some people don’t like custom games me being one of those. I usually just play arena and when I’m in a full team and we are beating them by a safe margin we like the mess around for a few seconds. They are the best of times in halo. I never find more enjoyment than that (usually). It’s one of the reasons I love halo been doing that since the Beginning really.
Eh some people don’t like custom games me being one of those. I usually just play arena and when I’m in a full team and we are beating them by a safe margin we like the mess around for a few seconds. They are the best of times in halo. I never find more enjoyment than that (usually). It’s one of the reasons I love halo been doing that since the Beginning really.
I guess everyone has there own thing in halo
I’m okay with friendly splatter being on, it forces you and your team to think more rather than just charging in head first down the middle. That’s why there are side paths so you’re less likely to be splattered.
But if you're playing with a sweaty tryhard who cares more about his K/D than feeding his dog, he'd be pretty mad if he spawned an important weapon he'd been saving for, only to be splattered like a bug, sent back to the respawn screen, and only if he was VERY lucky would be able to get it back without another player, or heck, even the despawn timer to make it go away.
But if you're playing with a sweaty tryhard who cares more about his K/D than feeding his dog, he'd be pretty mad if he spawned an important weapon he'd been saving for, only to be splattered like a bug, sent back to the respawn screen, and only if he was VERY lucky would be able to get it back without another player, or heck, even the despawn timer to make it go away.
Maybe he should relax then. It’s always happened so it’s no biggie.
im one for comp playing so I know the feeling but trust me the feeling goes away after a minute
I’m okay with friendly splatter being on, it forces you and your team to think more rather than just charging in head first down the middle. That’s why there are side paths so you’re less likely to be splattered.
That theory works well with good team mates, but noob harvest this year seems to be killing me lol.
I see it as a losing situation either way. Teammates are usually not careful and totally steam roll you, and if that doesn't kill you the guy who is always waiting to pull off the friendly fire BR headshot will be ready for you. But I do like the realism.
That theory works well with good team mates, but noob harvest this year seems to be killing me lol.
glad to read that im not the only one, lol.