Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Vehicles Friendly Fire

OP SavvyHobgoblin

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This happens quite a lot, I am trying to hard to get to 152 so I am trying to finish every match I can in Firefight Warzone. But so many times my teammates keep getting in my way when I am in a vehicle, I just played a match and we were about to win, I was about to get killed so I quickly backed out of the area with my banshee and what happens? Someone was right behind me so I ended up killing them and what happens after? I got kicked from the game, not only did it waste my Legendary XP boost but I lost my Temple Banshee. I don't understand why 343 keeps friendly fire on with the vehicles but turns it off for without vehicles. Majority of the time when I end up running over people is because they either decide to jump in front of me or aren't forgiving if it was an accident.
This happens quite a lot, I am trying to hard to get to 152 so I am trying to finish every match I can in Firefight Warzone. But so many times my teammates keep getting in my way when I am in a vehicle, I just played a match and we were about to win, I was about to get killed so I quickly backed out of the area with my banshee and what happens? Someone was right behind me so I ended up killing them and what happens after? I got kicked from the game, not only did it waste my Legendary XP boost but I lost my Temple Banshee. I don't understand why 343 keeps friendly fire on with the vehicles but turns it off for without vehicles. Majority of the time when I end up running over people is because they either decide to jump in front of me or aren't forgiving if it was an accident.
I have your same problem
Don't you have to betray multiple times in a match before the boot option becomes available?

Were you one of those early round people driving a scout hog around like a maniac not caring who you took down in the process?
Don't you have to betray multiple times in a match before the boot option becomes available?

Were you one of those early round people driving a scout hog around like a maniac not caring who you took down in the process?
It use to be 3 betrayals and your out but now its two. I admit sometimes I betray people on purpose, but a huge portion of the time its just idiots jumping in front of my vehicles on purpose. Since I am very dedicated to getting to 152 I stopped betraying, now its just people being stupid.

It use to be 3 betrayals and your out but now its two. I admit sometimes I betray people on purpose, but a huge portion of the time its just idiots jumping in front of my vehicles on purpose. Since I am very dedicated to getting to 152 I stopped betraying, now its just people being stupid.
Honestly, they're probably doing that because you drove recklessly before that and they want you gone as part of their revenge for you dropping their shields.

Honestly, they're probably doing that because you drove recklessly before that and they want you gone as part of their revenge for you dropping their shields.
Problem is, even a simple tap knocks their shields off.

Problem is, even a simple tap knocks their shields off.
As a victim of these taps, let me give some perspective: Personally if the person is trying to use it as a battering ram to force others out of the way inside of a building where it's being occupied, will piss me off to the point that I want the user gone enough to try to get betrayed. Personally again, if I get tapped in either rounds one or two, see my first answer when getting tapped as a battering ram. Not many like using hogs or got the points yet to have a ghost, most likely because someone is either better than they are or most obviously because someone drove crazed with a scout and took everyone else's fun/kills.

Just putting some perspective, no offense meant at all but...we are all trying to have fun too. I'm at 145 trying very hard to get to 150 too. Being obsessed with kills and not the bosses where those wanting some kills so they can finally have nicer things too, will put you both in the same areas. I say relax, let the others get their kills too. Again, no dig on you and not trying to assume at all but the obvious is telling.
I have to resist the desire to always pull a scout hog right at the start. It makes the 1st round so quick. And you have players trying to end rounds quickly. Maybe its nothing personal.
I have approximately 2000 legendary wz ff games this year and I was NEVER taken out of any of them. More than 150 kills/game, 95% first places (when I'm not warming up for ranked), what I mean here is that I use a lot of vehicles for kill AI faster.
You have to be more cautious. If someone betray me, I take a phaeton or banshee and kill that dude back.
I have to resist the desire to always pull a scout hog right at the start. It makes the 1st round so quick. And you have players trying to end rounds quickly. Maybe its nothing personal.
Those that try to end it as fast as possible on round one in WZ FF, while it may seem nothing personal, it really is. So many times I had seen it happen that I stop wanting to play and will just hide somewhere to be out of the way. I've seen the same people in such a rush get mad at me during Mythic and even Legendary for not wanting to bother, and we're losing badly with time in the red. Seriously it isn't worth the effort being low requisition cannon fodder for the enemy to be distracted with while the people who go crazy at rounds one and even two are already up there. Nothing personal either, but I do lose all motivation if I am about to round and round with a boss and my shields are dropping fast only to be kept from backing up into cover, or not even being able to make to the boss and only get five kills during round one while kiljoy is already at or will be one kill away from three and in a ghost for round two. Yay, such fun man. Nah, hard pass, I'll hide so they can continue to be supahstars.
Honestly feeling for the OP, maybe we should try to open another thread for those that just want to do FF with a clan creation and get their trail of tears to 150 on without buzzkills and those not forgiving. Need that grunt boss kill, go for it and we'll hold back. Need Hogs killed, do it and we will watch. If you betray me by accident, no boot. No scout hogs on rounds one or trying to drive hogs parked away from you all on purpose with a sole gunner wanting to be unmolested and out of immediate danger because the uninvited fool wants to use your vehicle as a splat harvester without any regards to you, deal, and so on. Something along those lines. Let's have some real fun, griefers get the instant boot.

Yeah?
I can’t stand getting betrayed in WZFF. We’re playing against A.I. What is the need to betray?! There is no advantage to it when you’re down one person for 30 seconds at a time.
Well you would have to have betrayed somebody else yourself, so it's kinda your fault. Don't be part of the idiots that betray people
I would say it has to be on, because if it wasn't, a full speed ram would send a teammate across the map at Mach 4, which would probably end up breeding even more griefing. Someone could just go around in a banshee, ramming teammates to the other side of the map, or even off the map to their death, with no consequences.
Mr Vacha wrote:
I can’t stand getting betrayed in WZFF. We’re playing against A.I. What is the need to betray?! There is no advantage to it when you’re down one person for 30 seconds at a time.
Less competition for kills. Some are absolutely obsessed by it when the person that they just betrayed has way more kills and the griefer wants to slow you down so that only they can be the supahstar.
I would say it has to be on, because if it wasn't, a full speed ram would send a teammate across the map at Mach 4, which would probably end up breeding even more griefing. Someone could just go around in a banshee, ramming teammates to the other side of the map, or even off the map to their death, with no consequences.
Make it so that the players have the same weight of a Scorpion. No more being able to ram or push them out of the way let alone splat betray.
It's their own fault. Players ought to be in vehicles that late in the game, but sometimes accidents can happen :D
It's their own fault. Players ought to be in vehicles that late in the game, but sometimes accidents can happen :D
What if they ran out of vehicles to use? Or don't want to waste a vehicle for a game ending soon? I have seen way too many vehicles try to yolo rushing in only to get destroyed while the guys on foot with the tier guns finish the job. I have also seen the opposite too, where lemmings on foot become fodder while vehicles with savvy drivers knowing not to rush in with caution or smartly uses cover, gets the win.

Now about that video. Was that you? Was that done to a random? I'd like to know the full story before I cast judgement.
I don't mind a couple of on foot distractions running around. Unless it's any of the final round options on sanctum. Vehicles absolutely required there. Anyone on foot in those round 5s is doing absolutely nothing.
I don't mind a couple of on foot distractions running around. Unless it's any of the final round options on sanctum. Vehicles absolutely required there. Anyone on foot in those round 5s is doing absolutely nothing.
Unless a yellow or red knight jumps into that base, making your vehicles even more completely useless and absolutely nothing at all too at round 5.

Foot soldiers are good at keeping the infantry from tearing you up at your blind spots, and clearing the skies of watchers and banshees.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3