Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Veteran wants to hop in to Halo 5 after long break

OP Aykibaby

Hi,

as the title suggests I'm looking to come back to Halo 5, as most recently some friends started playing the game regularly. A few things still hold me back though, one of which being the infamous Heavy Aim-bug which was the sole reason that made me quit Halo 5 two years ago. Now I'm not gonna waste too much time explaining what it is, as the majority of the community and even 343 officially acknowledged that it exists. But for those who never heard of it: It's basically your aim turning irresponsive and sluggish from one minute to another, for no reason. This leads to a inconsistent game experience where you fight not only opponent Spartans, you unfortunately also fight your own controls.

My question is this, how is the heavy aim state in the year 2019 compared to 2016? Is it still a thing?

Thx in advance for any replies!
Bit of background that might help answer your question. I played the game for the first time in 2016 for the campaign. Got Gold again the summer after, so I started playing online in 2017. I can’t specifically speak for any differences in aiming between the campaign and multiplayer from 2016-2017, but the aiming overall feels the same to me (as of the last update) for both SP and MP as it did when I first started playing the game. Hope that helps.

Aiming definitely feels different compared to the other games, but I eventually got used to it and started to enjoy it.
Apparentely, according to reddit-posts from 2018, heavy aim in Halo 5 is still a thing. This and this one confirm it. I haven't checked out Halo 5 myself as it is still downloading, I may update this thread with what I experience, hopefully. Good news though, the heavy aim was reduced, as far as I could understand, due to a bunch of updates.

tuhin94 wrote:
Bit of background that might help answer your question. I played the game for the first time in 2016 for the campaign. Got Gold again the summer after, so I started playing online in 2017. I can’t specifically speak for any differences in aiming between the campaign and multiplayer from 2016-2017, but the aiming overall feels the same to me (as of the last update) for both SP and MP as it did when I first started playing the game. Hope that helps.

Aiming definitely feels different compared to the other games, but I eventually got used to it and started to enjoy it.
@tuhin94 Thx for your input mate! Much appreciated!
I experience it very very rarely. I would say it would be best to try it out yourself and see how it feels. They have done quite a bit of updates and tuning over the years. H5 is a Halo where you can't be afraid to adjust your settings and sensitivities to suit your style and ability.
LethalQ wrote:
I experience it very very rarely. I would say it would be best to try it out yourself and see how it feels. They have done quite a bit of updates and tuning over the years. H5 is a Halo where you can't be afraid to adjust your settings and sensitivities to suit your style and ability.
Played some Warzone & Social TS. So far free of heavy aim, but man I encountered something new: Micro-freezes inmiddle of fights, especially horrible in Arena. Whats up with that?
Aykibaby wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Played some Warzone & Social TS. So far free of heavy aim, but man I encountered something new: Micro-freezes inmiddle of fights, especially horrible in Arena. Whats up with that?
I experienced those when players quit out....not sure why it happens with supposedly dedicated servers.
Well uhm, dunno how to put it. Its unplayable. The screen freezes for around 1-2 seconds, in a fight this means I insta-lose. I don't remember anything like that in the past.
Aykibaby wrote:
Well uhm, dunno how to put it. Its unplayable. The screen freezes for around 1-2 seconds, in a fight this means I insta-lose. I don't remember anything like that in the past.
Try a hard reset on your xbox and also clearing the memory chache. It sounds like your xbox is struggling to process everything especially in a firefight when it needs to process more. Are you using an original xbox one?
Peave99 wrote:
Aykibaby wrote:
Try a hard reset on your xbox and also clearing the memory chache. It sounds like your xbox is struggling to process everything especially in a firefight when it needs to process more. Are you using an original xbox one?
Yes, I do. I'll give it a try thx m8.
Are you getting any kind of packet loss?
The servers have been acting up for over a month now and 343 has recognized the problem. They say they are investigating it and will share updates should there be any.