Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

war zone vs war zone assualt

OP getatme94

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
to me, war zone's biggest flaws, isn't the map design, it isn't the "snowball" nature of the mode

the two biggest flaws in my eyes are,

match scoring ( instead of it being, which team holds the bases the longest, it's which team slays the best... with the bases being a multiplier) which leads to games lasting two times as long as they should.

and overall match length, why on earth would you design a mode to last 30 minutes when games snowball out of control within the first 6? it becomes tedious after the 12 minute mark, and you still have roughly 15 minutes left!

war zone assault, should have been the base mode, it's time based, games are much more competitive because they are less likely to snowball out of control. and it doesn't become tedious when you are getting your butt kicked. as vehicles and high explosives are more or less equally unlocked around the last base.

but sadly it appears that war zone assault is dead as i can't find a match on "expanded"
I never liked Warzone to be honest. I did enjoy a game of Assault every once in awhile, I haven't played it a long time though. I might try to find a game in it, just to see if it's really as dead as everyone says it is.
Biggest issue I have is there is no saved loadouts or bookmarked reqs. I get so fed up of using the req menu half the time I spawn and I was still changing my load out.

Things that ruins warzone for me is the feeling of inconsistency with snowballing. I can perform well and not have earned much then in an other game do badly but even level up quicker. There didn't seem to be any consistency with how req leveling actaully works. I think levels should be balanced and go up over time.

Warzone assault was my favourite mode until it became unplayable because of lag and expanded only games. Though in normal warzone I seem to get more lag in balanced and focused.
I never liked Warzone to be honest. I did enjoy a game of Assault every once in awhile, I haven't played it a long time though. I might try to find a game in it, just to see if it's really as dead as everyone says it is.
in the mornings, it appears to be dead.. even gives you the message "you should try a different playlist" because it can't match you with people in a decent amount of time. on expanded! warzone firefight has seemed to take its place as the "oh, you want to use your reqs? but don't like 30 minute slaughter fest?" game-mode. the hidden curse of adding more playlist
Biggest issue I have is there is no saved loadouts or bookmarked reqs. I get so fed up of using the req menu half the time I spawn and I was still changing my load out.

Things that ruins warzone for me is the feeling of inconsistency with snowballing. I can perform well and not have earned much then in an other game do badly but even level up quicker. There didn't seem to be any consistency with how req leveling actaully works. I think levels should be balanced and go up over time.

Warzone assault was my favourite mode until it became unplayable because of lag and expanded only games. Though in normal warzone I seem to get more lag in balanced and focused.
that inconstency you feel, is even better handled in assualt, as everything your team does, even if you weren't a part in it. you are still rewarded with a very small percent of req level. so by the last base, everyone is roughly only a level and in some extreme cases two levels behind the next guy. so the snowball is there, but much better handled
getatme94 wrote:

that inconstency you feel, is even better handled in assualt, as everything your team does, even if you weren't a part in it. you are still rewarded with a very small percent of req level. so by the last base, everyone is roughly only a level and in some extreme cases two levels behind the next guy. so the snowball is there, but much better handled
I just realised I didn't finish my statement correctly about inconsistency with it.

So back when the game came out the description on req leveling was wrong. I think it stated that leveling was either solely based on team earning or individual earnings (I can't really remember). But it was later changed to be majority based on individual performance and partially on the teams. It took a lot of badgering to try get a clear depiction on it but as time has went on the depiction still seems off.
Normally Warzone becomes one team gets OP weapons and vehicles and just farms kills off the other team, and you can't leave because you just wasted 20 minutes of your time trying to get REQ points and so you just put yourself into a endless death loop. I was lucky enough to get in a game that was like this, until our team came back and won. It was a heated battle.
getatme94 wrote:
to me, war zone's biggest flaws, isn't the map design, it isn't the "snowball" nature of the mode

match scoring ( instead of it being, which team holds the bases the longest, it's which team slays the best... with the bases being a multiplier) which leads to games lasting two times as long as they should.

and overall match length, why on earth would you design a mode to last 30 minutes when games snowball out of control within the first 6? it becomes tedious after the 12 minute mark, and you still have roughly 15 minutes left!

war zone assault, should have been the base mode, it's time based, games are much more competitive because they are less likely to snowball out of control. and it doesn't become tedious when you are getting your butt kicked. as vehicles and high explosives are more or less equally unlocked around the last base.

but sadly it appears that war zone assault is dead as i can't find a match on "expanded"
Warzone assault is my favortie mode. Where are you playing from i always find matches.
getatme94 wrote:

Warzone assault is my favortie mode. Where are you playing from i always find matches.
virgina!, anytime after the kids get home (2 in the afternoon) i find games with little problem. but late nights and apparently early mornings, are ghost towns, which is shocking to me
Yea some WZ matches can seem very unbalanced and lengthy but I also think part of the problem is the quitters. There's always that 1st wave of quitters when their team can't capture that large central base (Fortress/Garage). Or when they see their opponents with a large ground vehicle or that dreaded Wasp (lol)
getatme94 wrote:
getatme94 wrote:

virgina!, anytime after the kids get home (2 in the afternoon) i find games with little problem. but late nights and apparently early mornings, are ghost towns, which is shocking to me
Weird I'm in Atlantic Canada and I've had slow times, but i always end up getting a match.
getatme94 wrote:
getatme94 wrote:

Weird I'm in Atlantic Canada and I've had slow times, but i always end up getting a match.
i feel like once the " the return of the 25M radar to arena????" dies down, hopefully the population for warzone A picks up again. because i love the req system but refuse to go 8-35 in normal warzone just to play with my toys
getatme94 wrote:
getatme94 wrote:
getatme94 wrote:

i feel like once the " the return of the 25M radar to arena????" dies down, hopefully the population for warzone A picks up again. because i love the req system but refuse to go 8-35 in normal warzone just to play with my toys
They need to release Warzone turbo for a weekend then it will get people back on the warzone side.
Both modes are extremely limited by limited fireteams.
There's way too many reqs also.
Both modes are extremely limited by limited fireteams.
There's way too many reqs also.
this is a double edged thing i feel,

as a solo player, i am happy that normal warzone was limited to 6.

but i feel like warzone assualt, was fine at 12.
I just use WZA to warmup occasionally
I enjoy warzone assault. I haven't touched regular warzone in a long time, for the reasons other people have already mentioned here.
getatme94 wrote:
getatme94 wrote:
getatme94 wrote:

They need to release Warzone turbo for a weekend then it will get people back on the warzone side.
I miss this playlist alot
Haven't played warzone assault since few weeks after release
The longest Warzone match I ever had was 23 minutes. I don't know where you got 30 from, but the average is around 17-20 minutes.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2