Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Warden Eternal kills not counting

OP Exhumed89

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Just wondering if anyone has had an issue with Warden Eternal kills not counting towards the commendation. I don't get many and I was lucky to score two this afternoon. I got the credit towards the Big Game Hunter commendation, but not for the Warden Eternal one.
It has been hit and miss for a while, I have killed him and gotten the medal, but not the credit toward enemy kills. Other times I have gotten both. Make sure you are around and doing damage when he is about to expire.
yeah this pisses me off. I just got done with a match on darkstar and I assassinated the warden, I got the boss takedown medal and everything but in the post game report, it didn't even see the warden kill commendation go up
I haven't been killing warden so I can't say but you sure its not just showing you big game hunter but warden is to the side of it or something
This has happened to me before.
Same with me today, and even worse: I need only one Warden kill to complete my warden AND prometian boss kill commondations.
I got the medal in game, but nothing during the post-game report or in the commendation section on Waypoint. Never happened to me before.
I got him today as well. But idk if they dont reward it if you just get a assist. My guess is you actually need the kill to get the commendation regardless if you got the medal.
It has happened once to me but I can't really complain. I'm only 3 or 4 away from completing the warden commendation and most of those kills I stole with a DMR/BR.
Exhumed89 wrote:
I got the medal in game, but nothing during the post-game report or in the commendation section on Waypoint. Never happened to me before.
Getting the medal doesn't mean you got the kill. The medal is awarded to the people on the killing team that got the killing blow and did a lot of damage to him.

So in short, you have to get the killing blow. The medal isn't tied to the commendation.
Hopefully they fix this so we can keep up on our commendations. I still have to kill so many Warden Eternals... It's a good thing he has millions upon millions of bodies laying around right?
Exhumed89 wrote:
Getting the medal doesn't mean you got the kill. The medal is awarded to the people on the killing team that got the killing blow and did a lot of damage to him.

So in short, you have to get the killing blow. The medal isn't tied to the commendation.
I could have sworn I had the kill each time, but that makes sense. Thank you for the information. I appreciate it.
The commendation refers to assisting on the kill as well, and I won't get credit for even that as well, it seems inconsistent to me regarding the Warden that is.
Hmm. It did give me a boss kill in game each time after as well, if that matters.
The exact same thing happened to me this evening. The post game report gave me the legendary kill credit and points, but no commendation credit. What USS Galactica says sounds like a reasonable explanation to me. . It's just never happened to me before tonight though. So it's seems weird to me.
I had a similar experience. While Turbo was up I got 2 warden kills in one game. At the end if the game it showed my warden commendation going up by 2, which would have completed it for me. Did not get any REQ pack and checked on waypoint and it was back down to 5.
Was going to make a post about this.

Last two days, 6 warden kills later, no commendations. I only need 5 more and this would of taken care of that.

Awhile back the same thing happened with the hunters not counting.
Sub955 wrote:
Was going to make a post about this.

Last two days, 6 warden kills later, no commendations. I only need 5 more and this would of taken care of that.

Awhile back the same thing happened with the hunters not counting.
Since seeing this thread I've been tracking mine closely. My last two warden kills this weekend have not counted towards my commendation. Frustrating, because I only have 4 to go.
Exhumed89 wrote:

Also I read that the boss kill medals are more generously dished out since the newest update, and I have noticed that I am getting the legendary boss kill medal a lot more often than before when attacking the warden. Like the man said, you have to get the actual killing shot for the commendation to go up.
KIlled him several times in firefight and regular and it hasnt counted
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2