I just wanted to know everyone's warm-up routine for those who like to play ranked. Here's mine.
  • Play Octagon or FFA in Customs
  • Play a game or two of Quickplay
  • Maybe play Octagon or FFA again
  • Play an actual ranked playlist
Here's my warmup routine:
  1. Turn on the Xbox
  2. Boot up Halo 5
  3. Jump straight into any team based competitive playlist
  4. Realize you're losing and you resort to raging at your teammates, play erratically, and call the enemy team "trash"
  5. Watch your team lose miserably and witness your rank drop like a turd
  6. Rage quit and say Halo 5 is "trash"
  7. Rinse and repeat the next day
The gym usually gets the blood circulating then maybe one game of quickplay to get in the right frame of mind.
  1. Turn on the Xbox
  2. Boot up Halo 5
  4. Realize you're losing and you resort to raging at your teammates, play erratically, and call the enemy team "trash"
Hey I've got the exact same routine as well.
If I’m not rushed to join someone I tend to first load into my own custom game in hopes of reducing the chances of encountering load-in issues during matchmaking. This can often function as a quick mobility warm-up too as I mess around for a brief period of time.

I might also load up a Heroic Firefight match to warm-up my aim and obtain the Warzone environment’s daily win REQ packs.

In very rare cases I have used the custom browser to seek an octagon match or some FFA match as a means to warm up my aim.

In many cases I opt to load up a Quick Play match or some other social arena playlist before jumping over to the ranked environment as the means to shake off some aiming rust as well as to enjoy a more casual social match.

There have been plenty of times when I’m intending to play ranked matches that I do end up skipping any sense of warm up prior and go in completely cold. As I mentioned earlier, this is most common if I’m trying to quickly join someone else who’s already waiting on me or I’m hoping I can pair up with them prior to their next match, but also if my time is quite restrictive and I simply want to get some matches in.

I do have a tendency to jump straight into social playlists after the solo custom match if I was intending to primarily sink time into it instead of the ranked environment. This is because I’m less concerned about pre-warming my aim for social matches. I’m usually fine getting a feel for my aim on the fly since it’s just social. I do find myself still treating the BTB playlist this way even though it's now ranked.
I usually jump straight into a match and then get mad that I’m playing poorly
Warzone is my warm-up.
  1. Turn on the Xbox
  2. Boot up Halo 5
^^^
I jump into Social Arena for a warm-up, otherwise I jump right into the action; Octagon is way too infuriating for me.
I used to play a few games of Firefight, but now I play MCC for awhile, then I'll jump into H5 Quick Play for a couple games and then ranked.
Because I don't care for FFA, I use FFA as my warmup lol. I was surprised to rank plat 4 even though I never placed top 3 (would be better if I wasn't constantly getting paired with Champ and Onyx players. I think only once the highest rank in a match was a diamond, and the scores were a lot closer).
I like to play a few missions on legendary and that usually does the trick
Either Heroic Warzone Firefight, or I go through 'The Breaking' legitimately, on Legendary. Just so long as I can fight three Wardens.
  1. Turn on the Xbox
  2. Boot up Halo 5
this made me laugh so hard.....but really, the other team is trash
  1. Turn on the Xbox
  2. Boot up Halo 5
Yup, thats the one
  1. Turn on the Xbox
  2. Boot up Halo 5
That’s so similar to mine who tf doesn’t just dive right into ranked
I just wanted to know everyone's warm-up routine for those who like to play ranked. Here's mine.
  • Play Octagon or FFA in Customs
  • Play a game or two of Quickplay
  • Maybe play Octagon or FFA again
  • Play an actual ranked playlist
Warming up for me is just 2 games if firefight. It works well
Super easy i sign in one of my warmup account and just play until my csr is the same then switch to my main acount