Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Warthog drivers no longer get assists

OP ONI shark

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
If this is the case, I am going to miss my Wheelman sprees! :(
This especially pisses me off because I have all those "Gambit: Assists" bonus multipliers saved up. It would be great to fire one of those up and call in warthogs (Warzone) or make it a point to drive around people in BTB...

As the great Patrick Henry proclaimed, "Give wheelmen assists or give me death!" ...or something like that
Honestly this was one of the 1st things I noticed when I 1st played warzone. It was upsetting
Honestly this was one of the 1st things I noticed when I 1st played warzone. It was upsetting
Yeah I know, it's so rewarding when you look at the postgame stats and you have about 15+ more assists than everyone else - instead it looks like you were just hiding in a corner all game... meanwhile your buddy has 30 kills and gets all the glory
Yea 343 needs to fix it so wheelman medals count as assists.
I agree, assists should be synonymous with the wheelman medal. It sucks to get like 15 wheelmans, and then in the post game you like a scrub with no assists and only a few kills. It should be changed back to how it was. Especially since medal count is no longer in post-game, its even worse.
SHAMbazian wrote:
I agree, assists should be synonymous with the wheelman medal. It sucks to get like 15 wheelmans, and then in the post game you like a scrub with no assists and only a few kills. It should be changed back to how it was. Especially since medal count is no longer in post-game, its even worse.
THIS ^^
I didn't even notice that, but I agree that Wheelmans should count as assists as well, that way it looks like you did something on the post screen.
ONI shark wrote:
What are everyone else's thoughts on this?
You're right it was really nice to see 0 kills 25 assists most knows that you were driving because of that fact,now it looks like you did nothing xD
ONI shark wrote:
Drazer wrote:
Sorry but I don't have a quote for this but I KNOW for sure I read a response from 343 that they are aware of the concern and are making it so drivers get the assist. It may even be a bug because I know as a driver in war zone I rack up req just as fast as my gunner so the req system is definitely rewarding me for not driving like a potato. It may even be in the coming update if someone can find the quote they can confirm.

Edit: I found the quote but it doesn't say when. It was late November so they might have got it finished in time for Cartographer's Gift.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Brav/status/669342666446909440
Awesome, thanks for the info. Hopefully it'll be fixed when the next patch drops.
Or not I guess. Clearly 343i have decided hog driving is for chumps.
B002Y wrote:
SHAMbazian wrote:
THIS ^^
I agree. I have been driving the warthog since Halo 2. I recently deleted a friend because he was obsessed with KD. After one of the games of warzone he was busting my balls about how bad my kd was. Not even realizing I was the warthog driver the entire game. Which we won because my gunner had over 40 kills. Cant stand people obsessed with kd especially the ones that don't realize how important a warthog driver is. Even worse than that, he quit mid game because he said his KD was going negative. So I deleted him.

It is a shame drivers don't get the recognition they used to in the other Halo games but oh well. I will continue to drive everyone around for their 30+ kill streaks.
B002Y wrote:
SHAMbazian wrote:
THIS ^^
I agree. I have been driving the warthog since Halo 2. I recently deleted a friend because he was obsessed with KD. After one of the games of warzone he was busting my balls about how bad my kd was. Not even realizing I was the warthog driver the entire game. Which we won because my gunner had over 40 kills. Cant stand people obsessed with kd especially the ones that don't realize how important a warthog driver is. Even worse than that, he quit mid game because he said his KD was going negative. So I deleted him.

It is a shame drivers don't get the recognition they used to in the other Halo games but oh well. I will continue to drive everyone around for their 30+ kill streaks.
A good Warthog driver is even more important in this game too because the vehicles are weightless and flip at the slightest screwup, and the gunner gets shredded to pieces if you aren't smart. And lower level Hogs get blown up pretty fast too. So being a good driver definitely needs some more rewards haha.
I was really hoping that there would be a mention in the "Hammer Storm" update preview that 343i was going to change this. What is the real incentive for drivers? A medal no one sees? Change it back to how it was in ALL OTHER HALO GAMES - give drivers assists for the gunner's kills!* (*not sure if H1 gave assists for drivers)
What no way
I don't drive or gun much but I agree that drivers should get assists.
Alright, alright, I have to bring this -Yoink- back up. I think I've waited about 5 patches now for this, and no progress has been made. I went so far as to make a secondary account just so I can freely drive the warthog without ending up with a 10 KPG average (good players tend to stay away from players with 10 KPG and a 1.5 KDA in warzone. Also, statting is fun for me. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe because it gives me an extra goal that keeps the game fresh.) I've probably racked up over 2k wheelman medals on my second account, and I really enjoy driving the warthog. The major annoyance with this is that I've been missing out on all the req packs I could've gotten for my main. PLEASE FIX
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2