Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone assault is up!

OP Nofunnyideas

hey fellow assault players. Our beloved playlist is back for the weekend :).

Lets get some games in and show 343 we can make this playlist work every weekend like mythic firefight.

See you all on the battlefield.
hey fellow assault players. Our beloved playlist is back for the weekend :).

Lets get some games in and show 343 we can make this playlist work every weekend like mythic firefight.

See you all on the battlefield.
Oh nice that's definitely good timing since I have time to play this weekend . Would love it if it came in every weekend
is this game mode fun?
Is it featured, aka double XP?
Gomez1992 wrote:
is this game mode fun?
Only if you like one sided objective game style like one flag or one bomb... I don't so I never play it. But don't let me deter you give it a try and see. That is the best way to see if you will like it.
LethalQ wrote:
Gomez1992 wrote:
is this game mode fun?
Only if you like one sided objective game style like one flag or one bomb... I don't so I never play it. But don't let me deter you give it a try and see. That is the best way to see if you will like it.
Thanks, I've been playing the heck out for infection for xp and looking for a change. Plus any news of it being double xp on it? Seeing that it would be a featured playlist i would kinda think so right?
Gomez1992 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
Gomez1992 wrote:
is this game mode fun?
Thanks, I've been playing the heck out for infection for xp and looking for a change. Plus any news of it being double xp on it? Seeing that it would be a featured playlist i would kinda think so right?
I am not 💯 percent sure that feaured playlist give out double XP necessarily. From what I recall all 343 ever said is that featured playlist award increased amounts of XP and RP.
Seems to be a little faster than WZFF so your boost will be more efficient.
I'm using the legendary exp boost and I'm getting like 15k a game even if we lose and a game last less than 8 minutes most of the time while WFF last like 15 minutes. If you are playing WFF for the exp, you need to stop playing WFF and play warzone assault until it is removed. as of right now it is faster to get exp in assault then WFF and assault is a lot more fun.
I'm using the legendary exp boost and I'm getting like 15k a game even if we lose and a game last less than 8 minutes most of the time while WFF last like 15 minutes. If you are playing WFF for the exp, you need to stop playing WFF and play warzone assault until it is removed. as of right now it is faster to get exp in assault then WFF and assault is a lot more fun.
Have you been finding games pretty fast ? The Biggest issue I ran into was long search times
Have you been finding games pretty fast ? The Biggest issue I ran into was long search times
Yes. I have been finding games very quickly. And xp gains are very good.
so far around a 30 seconds or less. Its pretty fast and I have the search preference on balance so you could find a game even faster if you put it on expanded
Yes. I have been finding games very quickly. And xp gains are very good.
Sounds good to me firefight is getting pretty boring lol
so far around a 30 seconds or less. Its pretty fast and I have the search preference on balance so you could find a game even faster if you put it on expanded
Yea that's fast pretty much as fast as firefight and not as tedious
Why would they remove this? I'm tired of them stripping every single playlist from the game! This should always be available, 7 days a week!
Why would they remove this? I'm tired of them stripping every single playlist from the game! This should always be available, 7 days a week!
They removed it because back when it was a playlist 24/7 It was dead. So they removed it and they bring it back from time to time. This way people will play it when it comes back. It's better this way because it will have a population this way. When they bought back turbo for the new years it was dead after a couple of days it was released. Let's hope that does not happen to Assault.
They removed it because back when it was a playlist 24/7 It was dead. So they removed it and they bring it back from time to time. This way people will play it when it comes back. It's better this way because it will have a population this way. When they bought back turbo for the new years it was dead after a couple of days it was released. Let's hope that does not happen to Assault.
Removing a playlist does not help its population. It reduces it to zero. Maybe they bring it back for two random days, but I likely won't even notice its there until they remove it. It's not like I play only this game, every day. Besides, I never had a problem finding a match in assault, or any of the now-removed playlists, and even if a playlist is lowly populated, that is no reason to remove it from the game. Social arena has been gone for a long time, and it was 90% of what I played. With playlists constantly disappearing, I have fewer and fewer reasons to boot up the game at all. And that's a shame, since halo 5 has been my favorite shooter game, period. Now, it's almost completely empty of the content I enjoy. If I want Warzone, I have to play regular warzone mode, which is essentially "play for 10 minutes, then kill the last boss, nullifying your efforts so far". And if I want to play 4v4 Arena, I have to play simplistic forge maps, with only the magnum. There's no variety. Halo 5's developers have taken away the core of what makes the game what it is.

Playlist population should not be the only consideration when deciding whether to keep a playlist. Social Arena/Core Play was the only playlist that featured 4v4 objective games with more than just magnums, and it was removed. Without it, the game literally does not have a playlist representing the core if its unique gameplay aspects. The only available options are gimmicky playlists, like super fiesta or infection. There is no normal, "Halo 5 settings" game mode for teams of four. This is extremely frustrating, as I only play the gimmicky modes once or twice each time I play the game, and afterward I want to go back to the regular gameplay experience. But we do not have that anymore.

Warzone Assault fixed the regular Warzone's problem of having a final boss that instantly won the game for the team lucky enough to shoot the last shot. With asymmetrical gameplay, the balance is a bit worse, but each team's efforts throughout the battle actually make a lasting difference.
Got excited to play WZA after reading some of the posts here and found a match in under 2 seconds lol.
I really hate Halo 5s multiplayer but this mode is ACTUALLY good. It doesn't really feel super sweaty like everything else. Matches aren't stupidly long it's great.
For once Halo 5s PvP is actually appealing.
I really hate Halo 5s multiplayer but this mode is ACTUALLY good. It doesn't really feel super sweaty like everything else. Matches aren't stupidly long it's great.
For once Halo 5s PvP is actually appealing.
Lopsided matches are usually over pretty quickly which is one of the reasons I enjoy this game mode much more. Especially as a solo player.

I think it’s playing much better right now as more players are going for the XP so much more interested in completing the objective and moving on to the next game.