Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone Bosses Kill Confirmed Tip

OP three oohh nine

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hello forum
I have been playing alot of firefight recently and I have noticed a side note for knowing if you were the one who landed the last hit on the boss regardless of what boss it was mythic, legendary, primary, secondary ect.i thought I'd share the information with the forum and possibly others could add to this as well. So for all you completionists heres the trick and no its not the x crosshair that supposedly is in game. So if you see these points listed below next to your crosshair after the kill it means you hit the kill shot.

So heres the list I have tested so far. I will add to this list and others feel free to add as well.

Legendary Warden 1600
Mythic Warden 3200

Legendary Hunter 400
Mythic Hunter 1600

Legendary Knight 1600
Mythic Knight 3200

Legendary Phaeton 800

Legendary Elite 400

Legendary Grunt Mech 840
Mythic Grunt Mech

Legendary Soldier 400
Mythic Soldier 1600

Legendary Mantis 800

Legendary Ghost 400

Legendary Wraith 800

Legendary Banshee 800
This is great information! You’re a hero.

I’ve been going for Wardens for my last tier and almost thought it was random with how often I got the red X but not the credit.
JB Linken wrote:
This is great information! You’re a hero.

I’ve been going for Wardens for my last tier and almost thought it was random with how often I got the red X but not the credit.
Glad to hear i will keep updating this as i play matches until the list is complete.

And about the red x i have been playing since launch day and i have never once seen the so called red x crosshair.
I think he means the skulls with Xs on them to represent kill shots and im pretty sure given how difficult it would be to get thekill shot that the game awards the kill points to those who put a certain amount of damage into the boss withought dying. Otherwise it would be near impossible to anyone not in a tank to claim a kill
I think he means the skulls with Xs on them to represent kill shots and im pretty sure given how difficult it would be to get thekill shot that the game awards the kill points to those who put a certain amount of damage into the boss withought dying. Otherwise it would be near impossible to anyone not in a tank to claim a kill
I'm confused by your post who are you talking to here exactly?
That’s not correct. You’re given credit for the kill if you get the last shot, regardless of how much damage you dish out.

OP, this is some useful info for those looking for it :-)
For the grunt goblins, you know you got the kill shot when you get a grunt kill medal next to the boss kill medal.
Regice554 wrote:
For the grunt goblins, you know you got the kill shot when you get a grunt kill medal next to the boss kill medal.
Have never seen those medals ever have only ever seen the legendary takedown, mythic takedown or this new system I have discovered.
Regice554 wrote:
Speaking of Grunt Goblins, sometimes the shield pops for an easy headshot to get the kill, and sometimes it doesn’t. I think all my kills are from killing the pilot.

What breaks it? A large amount of consistent damage?
JB Linken wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Speaking of Grunt Goblins, sometimes the shield pops for an easy headshot to get the kill, and sometimes it doesn’t. I think all my kills are from killing the pilot.

I believe its consistent damage to the shields
Regice554 wrote:
Have never seen those medals ever have only ever seen the legendary takedown, mythic takedown or this new system I have discovered.
Im refering to the medal you get for killing the pilot, becuase thats how you know you got the kill for the grunt goblin boss. It will give you points for doing damage and say you killed a boss on the in game leaderboard. However the post game commendation will show you as not killing a grunt goblin, unless you kill the grunt insinde the goblin.
Regice554 wrote:
Regice is correct, boss take down without the grunt kill means someone else landed the kill shot. Damage is irrelevant, you could bring a tank to a goblin fight and if you are between shots and someone pops him, all your work was for nothing. (that's why I prefer continuous fire vehicles (Ghost Ultra specifically) to give myself a chance - cant get caught in the long reload gap like wraith / tank / Gausshog)
Regice554 wrote:
Regice is correct, boss take down without the grunt kill means someone else landed the kill shot. Damage is irrelevant, you could bring a tank to a goblin fight and if you are between shots and someone pops him, all your work was for nothing. (that's why I prefer continuous fire vehicles (Ghost Ultra specifically) to give myself a chance - cant get caught in the long reload gap like wraith / tank / Gausshog)
I don't pay attention to the medals ever in game play i have been paying attention to the point system every time since i noticed it when i receive those points on screen after the game i check and my com progress went up.

Also ultra ghost doesn't help much when grunt mech can one shot that vehicle...-_-
Regice554 wrote:
I don't pay attention to the medals ever in game play i have been paying attention to the point system every time since i noticed it when i receive those points on screen after the game i check and my com progress went up.

Also ultra ghost doesn't help much when grunt mech can one shot that vehicle...-_-
i have been more successful with the ghost that a tank to get the goblin kill. sure a tank gives more damage but that's a chance I'll take 9/10 times.

i have seen Do Like kill the Grunt Goblin with a noob combo but I can't work out exactly when that key moment is.
Regice554 wrote:

i have been more successful with the ghost that a tank to get the goblin kill. sure a tank gives more damage but that's a chance I'll take 9/10 times.

i have seen Do Like kill the Grunt Goblin with a noob combo but I can't work out exactly when that key moment is.
Ghost is not a bad choice but what im saying is that it does not help at the strongest ghost the boss can one shot you and destroy the ghost in the process

I dislike large or heavy vehicles and steer away from using them in warzone firefight and warzone
Regice554 wrote:

Ghost is not a bad choice but what im saying is that it does not help at the strongest ghost the boss can one shot you and destroy the ghost in the process

I dislike large or heavy vehicles and steer away from using them in warzone firefight and warzone
I'm pretty much a sitting duck in all vehicles and i have so many in reserve, i take them out primarily to get the comms done.
You just have to play smart when using it and you'll avoid the Mech's attacks. Keep some distance and stay near cover.
JB Linken wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

A brute plasma rifle, 4 splaser shots, or a full sentinel beam knock the shield off for a few seconds before it reseals for good
BxRAD R wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

A brute plasma rifle, 4 splaser shots, or a full sentinel beam knock the shield off for a few seconds before it reseals for good
Regarding this post is this still accurate to the current date?
BxRAD R wrote:
JB Linken wrote:
Regice554 wrote:

Regarding this post is this still accurate to the current date?
Unless they've updated the game in the past 4 months, yes
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2