Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Warzone Community Update...not looking good for WZ

OP hey matt hey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Well it's officially not looking good for Warzone and especially not good for the return of 12 man fireteams.

Apparently warzone was always meant to be a casual experience, but did 343 not think players would turn this playlist into a competitive/strategic/coordinated playlist? That's how it works with every playlist...such as btb. Now that teams can't party up in warzone, they're moving into btb because you can get at least 8 in a game and implementing that same competitive teamwork/strategy into btb. This is how it's always been, players will always find a way to make any type of ranked/casual playlist as competitive as possible, it's just the way it is.

And I know this is a "trial", but give me break 343...we saw what happened with warzone assault...oh that's right, nothing. And by the way 343 is handling and speaking out about warzone, it seems we've likely seen the end of 12 man fireteams in warzone along with the same competitive teamwork/strategy spirit in warzone. Since it was always meant to be "casual".

Looks like 343 just lost a chunk of the halo 5 population, being the teams that looked forward to playing warzone with 12 teammates and implementing teamwork/strategy. The population has officially been split. Unless 343 implements a separate warzone playlist or fixes matchmaking where teams match other teams.
sigh this has been going on since the last update and from what we can see (at least forum wise) general farming is down and match length has increased (as it was intended to do)

not having a 12 man team is not the end of the world. You can have just as much fun with a 6 man team (i know i have done it) cause ya it was never suppose to be a competitive mode. Players can try to make that mode competitive if they want but there was always suppose to be a designated mode were players could escape those -Yoinks-.

They have always been in btb, its nothing new.

All we hear now is "oh no i cant play with 12 people at the same time and farm or sweep randoms in a social mode" SadFace. You will get over it, and you will move on. No whether or think it or not, that part of the population (small one at that) will still play the game.

lol "the population has officially been split" based on your comment I dont think you actually know what that sentence means in a multiplayer setting.
I've literally seen it happen in my Spartan company and many others. You don't seem to be aware of the situation outside of your solo queue player mindset. It's happening sir. First hand experience. Witnessing it as we speak.
You know I am guilty of one of being a 12 man fireteam destroying singles. And it's stupid... we shouldn't be able to do that. And I'm glad we can't now. Why? Because 12 people can have fun over and over doing this, but 48 people we play against don't. Now I can have a group of 6 and kick -Yoink-, and the chances of Matchmaker finding another team of 6 is higher than 12. People shouldn't go into warzone expecting to get stomped.
sigh this has been going on since the last update and from what we can see (at least forum wise) general farming is down and match length has increased (as it was intended to do)
So having longer matches is better? lol wut? I'd argue it's worse than the average farming game that last's 10 minutes and gets the farmers less kills. Your technically getting killed more and getting around the same amount of kills unless your one of those tryhard types that packs 60 kills a game.
Quote:
not having a 12 man team is not the end of the world.
It's the end of a fun, chill warzone experience.
Quote:
You can have just as much fun with a 6 man team (i know i have done it) cause ya it was never suppose to be a competitive mode. Players can try to make that mode competitive if they want but there was always suppose to be a designated mode were players could escape those -Yoinks-.
I never played warzone like it was competitive, neither did my teammates in my twelve man groups. But now I'm forced to party with only 5 others, then have the other 6 be complete idiots that either drag us down, or impede us. Not fun at all when you got teammates taking your REQ's, killing you, jumping in front of shots, not helping protect your last base, camping, feeding kills, or quitting. None of this makes for a fun experience, which was the entire point of 12 man teams, at least for me.
Quote:
All we hear now is "oh no i cant play with 12 people at the same time and farm or sweep randoms in a social mode" SadFace. You will get over it, and you will move on. No whether or think it or not, that part of the population (small one at that) will still play the game.
Yeah, I will get over it as everyone realizes how stale this playlist is and the population drops off. Teams were a big part of warzone, whether you'd like to admit it or not, a lot of the population played in teams. So now that its been limited, I'm betting a sharp decrease in players will lead 343 to think up a better solution. Also, farmers and competitive people aren't the only 12 man teams out their. How about those who grind? Those who have a game night with clan mates? Want a good BTB experience(as BTB in this game is the worst it's ever been)? Like to hang out with many friends? Enjoy talking with people? Hate dealing with stupid teammates? Like to actually not spend half an hour inside a mode that shouldn't take more than 15-20 minutes at most?

Overall, nothing good will come of this. You will still get squashed. Matches get unreasonably extended. Warzone loses a significant amount of players. People began complaining. Fights break out. Then the community splits even further. All because you guys refuse to except anything but punishing everybody who doesn't play like you(by that I mean solo).
So do they want it a competitive experience or not? Back when they first looked into potential changes during the shadow and light announcement, they said they didn't want to do anything that would effect the competitive nature of the game. Seems like they are doing the exact opposite now.

not having a 12 man team is not the end of the world. You can have just as much fun with a 6 man team (i know i have done it) cause ya it was never suppose to be a competitive mode. Players can try to make that mode competitive if they want but there was always suppose to be a designated mode were players could escape those -Yoinks-.

lol "the population has officially been split" based on your comment I dont think you actually know what that sentence means in a multiplayer setting.
I completely disagree with those statements. Halo is so much more fun when you can play with your friends. However, 343 took that and completely cut it in half. My friends and I used to have so much fun getting together in full 12 man lobbies and having the most epic battles in Warzone. Now, half of our teams have to sit out and wait and that is far more frustrating than fun. The most we can do now is 8v8 (which is stupid because Warzone should be the largest game mode, not BTB) and it just isn't the same. Halo 5's BTB isn't really all that fun and the battles just aren't nearly as good. Plus, you don't get the AI and all the reqs in BTB. Most of us will leave Halo 5 if this is not fixed because now 343 has alienated the Warzone teams too.

I completely disagree with those statements. Halo is so much more fun when you can play with your friends. However, 343 took that and completely cut it in half. My friends and I used to have so much fun getting together in full 12 man lobbies and having the most epic battles in Warzone. Now, half of our teams have to sit out and wait and that is far more frustrating than fun. The most we can do now is 8v8 (which is stupid because Warzone should be the largest game mode, not BTB) and it just isn't the same. Halo 5's BTB isn't really all that fun and the battles just aren't nearly as good. Plus, you don't get the AI and all the reqs in BTB. Most of us will leave Halo 5 if this is not fixed because now 343 has alienated the Warzone teams too.
This is exactly how alot of us feel. Even from a fun casual perspective, we'd still like to party up and play with a full 12 man team. But we can't anymore and it used to be so much fun whether we were playing competitively or just for fun.
I ask what the point of a casual, fool around, fun for anyone mode (the whole point of including AI was that those who struggled in PvP could still fight AI) is if it turns into the second most competitive playlist in the game. Arena is Arena, but if you had more than 4 friends, people would go pub stomp in Warzone. Why is it that the enjoyment of 12 people should be worth more than the enjoyment of however many solo players they play against.

And before we talk about seperate queues, this means implementing a solo queue. Which creates problems for 2-4 man teams.
I ask what the point of a casual, fool around, fun for anyone mode (the whole point of including AI was that those who struggled in PvP could still fight AI) is if it turns into the second most competitive playlist in the game. Arena is Arena, but if you had more than 4 friends, people would go pub stomp in Warzone. Why is it that the enjoyment of 12 people should be worth more than the enjoyment of however many solo players they play against.

And before we talk about seperate queues, this means implementing a solo queue. Which creates problems for 2-4 man teams.
Really it just boils down to Spartan Companies complaining they can't pub stomp anymore.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
I've always hated playing fullman teams more in btb cause of spawn trapping but it existed before 6 man teams. I stopped playing btb pretty much cause it wasn't casaul any more and it been like that for ages.
I've always hated playing fullman teams more in btb cause of spawn trapping but it existed before 6 man teams. I stopped playing btb pretty much cause it wasn't casaul any more and it been like that for ages.
Since it first came out at least...remember when it was RANKED?
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Well, today I learned that people still play regular Warzone.

Warzone was always meant to be the "fun" mode or whatever. I don't think it's shocking that they're trying to make it less frustrating for the solo players.

A separate playlist would solve the problem though, just call it Company Warzone and it only matches companies of 12v12. Done, dusted. The ranked and social split I think has been good for the game, it certainly makes me more inclined to play.
I don't have an issue with every thing being ranked giving that there is a hidden ranking system for non ranked any way. Seeing some ones rank is the only way to know if teams are balanced.

I kind of wish it was still ranked at least then certain maps wouldn't be on there. Which actually reminded me that was more of a reason I stopped playing btb cause some maps ruined it.

I should maybe clarify in my post that facing a fullman team on warzone was easier to deal with than in btb cause you could get spawn trapped.
I don't have an issue with every thing being ranked giving that there is a hidden ranking system for non ranked any way. Seeing some ones rank is the only way to know if teams are balanced.

I kind of wish it was still ranked at least then certain maps wouldn't be on there. Which actually reminded me that was more of a reason I stopped playing btb cause some maps ruined it.

I should maybe clarify in my post that facing a fullman team on warzone was easier to deal with than in btb cause you could get spawn trapped.
True, and in Warzone if you're getting spawn-camped you can at least decide to pull out some heavy ordinance and start kicking face...whereas in BTB, well...you're kinda cooked.

Really it just boils down to Spartan Companies complaining they can't pub stomp anymore.
Not all companies have that mindset. I know a few (mine included) that are against farming. It's a shame that the super competitive ones ruined WZ for the rest who liked to go in and run around all wacky and crazy with 9-12 people from their company.
So having longer matches is better? lol wut? I'd argue it's worse than the average farming game that last's 10 minutes and gets the farmers less kills. Your technically getting killed more and getting around the same amount of kills unless your one of those tryhard types that packs 60 kills a game.
Quote:
not having a 12 man team is not the end of the world.
It's the end of a fun, chill warzone experience.
First: Longer Matches = more RP, and more RP for casuals is perfect! The comps can get their sweaty nights in arena where it belongs. Second: Most people enjoy long matches because it helps them get more RP to complete the grind quicker. Or maybe just to have a mode where solo players can run wild and free, sure there'll be teams, but 6 man is better as it IS more chill and fun BECAUSE each team has an equal chance.
Played my first game in months and got farmed. Yeah fixed nothing.
Revan XVIV wrote:
First: Longer Matches = more RP, and more RP for casuals is perfect! The comps can get their sweaty nights in arena where it belongs.
First, you get no more RP from playing a 30 minute match than a 10 minute match. So, you are basiclaly wasting time in a game that could be done and finished in a third of the time for the same amount of XP and RP. Not to mention, just because your in a team doesn't make you a sweat, or means you like arena(which I hate).
Quote:
Second: Most people enjoy long matches because it helps them get more RP to complete the grind quicker.
Yeah, just like getting beaten in 10 minutes would speed up the process rather than having a 30 minute unenjoyable stalemate. Completes the grind much faster. Not to mention, playing a game more than 10 minutes only yields around 500-1000 more RP dependant on how you did.
Quote:
Or maybe just to have a mode where solo players can run wild and free, sure there'll be teams, but 6 man is better as it IS more chill and fun BECAUSE each team has an equal chance.
Solo players can do that in any mode. Nothings stopping them. Teams have always been a thing in Halo, why limit something that's never been a problem, or could be better solved?

Plus, playing with 6 idiots is anything but chill. As I listed earlier, it can and is hell dealing with a multitude of stupid occurrences due to your teammates when it can easily be skipped by partying with friends.

Everybody has an equal chance. It's up to you to put on your mic and talk, or go to LFG and take a few minutes to find a team. Nothings stropping you, and if you are so strapped for time why would you play a 30 minute back and forth or stalemate where you are just getting slaughtered by that one awesome dude on the other team?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3