Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Warzone Community Update...not looking good for WZ

OP hey matt hey

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:
We hear you buddy. Myself and Spartan company along with many other Spartan companies are in the same limbo. 343 has officially hung all of us out to dry.
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:
Sounds like you should find a new group of people.
How are you not winning a single game? I'm a solo player with a 45% win percentage and games are easier since the change.
I think it should be mixed with solo and teams. If I had to only play solo players only I probably wouldn't play it. The game should be consisting of compartmentalised teams for balanced games cause at 12 man teams it's never going to be balanced.
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:
Woah man, chill. It's not wrong, or what you called it, it's what 343 intended, so the only thing you're angry about is the fact that it doesn't meet your expectations (which is fair given that Warzone has until recently remained the same).
Here's an excerpt from the community update:
"A large fireteam of coordinated players "dog piling" on Warzone objectives creates a stressful and competitive environment that falls outside of the ideal experience we're trying to offer players."Sorry to hear from that it's affecting your gaming though, nothing is worse than trying to wind down on something that keeps winding you up again. This might be a good time to play some other games?
I'm all for the playlist split idea, make a Company Warzone and a Social Warzone, problem solved (sort of).
you know those 12 man quick core "competitive" teams are less than 1% of the population. and youre not doing it to be competitive, but instead for fast xp and stat whoring.
Well it's officially not looking good for Warzone and especially not good for the return of 12 man fireteams.

Apparently warzone was always meant to be a casual experience, but did 343 not think players would turn this playlist into a competitive/strategic/coordinated playlist? That's how it works with every playlist...such as btb. Now that teams can't party up in warzone, they're moving into btb because you can get at least 8 in a game and implementing that same competitive teamwork/strategy into btb. This is how it's always been, players will always find a way to make any type of ranked/casual playlist as competitive as possible, it's just the way it is.

And I know this is a "trial", but give me break 343...we saw what happened with warzone assault...oh that's right, nothing. And by the way 343 is handling and speaking out about warzone, it seems we've likely seen the end of 12 man fireteams in warzone along with the same competitive teamwork/strategy spirit in warzone. Since it was always meant to be "casual".

Looks like 343 just lost a chunk of the halo 5 population, being the teams that looked forward to playing warzone with 12 teammates and implementing teamwork/strategy. The population has officially been split. Unless 343 implements a separate warzone playlist or fixes matchmaking where teams match other teams.
Teamwork/strategy = stomping on 12 solo randoms. :-D
Revan XVIV wrote:
First: Longer Matches = more RP, and more RP for casuals is perfect! The comps can get their sweaty nights in arena where it belongs.
First, you get no more RP from playing a 30 minute match than a 10 minute match. So, you are basiclaly wasting time in a game that could be done and finished in a third of the time for the same amount of XP and RP. Not to mention, just because your in a team doesn't make you a sweat, or means you like arena(which I hate).
Quote:
Second: Most people enjoy long matches because it helps them get more RP to complete the grind quicker.
Yeah, just like getting beaten in 10 minutes would speed up the process rather than having a 30 minute unenjoyable stalemate. Completes the grind much faster. Not to mention, playing a game more than 10 minutes only yields around 500-1000 more RP dependant on how you did.
Quote:
Or maybe just to have a mode where solo players can run wild and free, sure there'll be teams, but 6 man is better as it IS more chill and fun BECAUSE each team has an equal chance.
Solo players can do that in any mode. Nothings stopping them. Teams have always been a thing in Halo, why limit something that's never been a problem, or could be better solved?

Plus, playing with 6 idiots is anything but chill. As I listed earlier, it can and is hell dealing with a multitude of stupid occurrences due to your teammates when it can easily be skipped by partying with friends.

Everybody has an equal chance. It's up to you to put on your mic and talk, or go to LFG and take a few minutes to find a team. Nothings stropping you, and if you are so strapped for time why would you play a 30 minute back and forth or stalemate where you are just getting slaughtered by that one awesome dude on the other team?
could someone please show me this mythic 30 min WZ game?? Because ive never had a game last longer than 22-23 min. Fun watching all these former 12 man dudes complain they were farmed, nah man, thats just how WZ is when you Arent just a trolling 12 man team. start fighting stop whining.
Red III wrote:
you know those 12 man quick core "competitive" teams are less than 1% of the population. and youre not doing it to be competitive, but instead for fast xp and stat whoring.
False. I would like to extend you an invitation to play with me and my team some night and experience the type of teamwork we implement in games. I think you'll find out that your observation is extremely inaccurate.
Revan XVIV wrote:
First: Longer Matches = more RP, and more RP for casuals is perfect! The comps can get their sweaty nights in arena where it belongs.
First, you get no more RP from playing a 30 minute match than a 10 minute match. So, you are basiclaly wasting time in a game that could be done and finished in a third of the time for the same amount of XP and RP. Not to mention, just because your in a team doesn't make you a sweat, or means you like arena(which I hate).
Quote:
Second: Most people enjoy long matches because it helps them get more RP to complete the grind quicker.
Yeah, just like getting beaten in 10 minutes would speed up the process rather than having a 30 minute unenjoyable stalemate. Completes the grind much faster. Not to mention, playing a game more than 10 minutes only yields around 500-1000 more RP dependant on how you did.
Quote:
Or maybe just to have a mode where solo players can run wild and free, sure there'll be teams, but 6 man is better as it IS more chill and fun BECAUSE each team has an equal chance.
Solo players can do that in any mode. Nothings stopping them. Teams have always been a thing in Halo, why limit something that's never been a problem, or could be better solved?

Plus, playing with 6 idiots is anything but chill. As I listed earlier, it can and is hell dealing with a multitude of stupid occurrences due to your teammates when it can easily be skipped by partying with friends.

Everybody has an equal chance. It's up to you to put on your mic and talk, or go to LFG and take a few minutes to find a team. Nothings stropping you, and if you are so strapped for time why would you play a 30 minute back and forth or stalemate where you are just getting slaughtered by that one awesome dude on the other te
Warzone isn't and SHOULDN'T be competitive, competitive players have had say of what happens with Halo 5 since day 1, it's time for the casuals to get some love. All I see when I read posts complaining about the fireteam limit is "Waaa I can't scrimmage anymore, was I can't farm for the dumbest armor in the game anymore." Or my personal favorite "Waa I can't ruin other people's online experience anymore." Seriously somebody call the wambulance.
Red III wrote:
you know those 12 man quick core "competitive" teams are less than 1% of the population. and youre not doing it to be competitive, but instead for fast xp and stat whoring.
No way it can get more ignorant than this. Get the stick out of your -Yoink- and really think on why people have an issue with warzone. I can't wait to see halo go to -Yoink- even further once they scrap team playing completely due to sore losers incompetent on getting friends AND a still incompetent dev (343) that as I've said in the past, are their very own obstacle. I also need data on this 1% cuz I could very easily say it's more than that.

@op: I agree on warzone going to -Yoink- as communities were built off it, its unfortunate that those who take no part in that stuff blow it off, it's further unfortunate a dip -Yoink- dev thinks they need to take this course. 343, what's up with WZA? You dropped it to 6 men almost half a year ago, where's your results? Cuz you've given absolutely nothing besides now doing the same for regular warzone, should we expect an anwser sometime next year around November as well? Please keep grim out if talking with the community as I think many have had enough with his responses, it's like he speaks before he thinks rather than the other way around. Removing/dropping team sizes ISNT the way to go. It's never been an issue in halo before, why now? Why are people now -Yoinking!- about playing vs teams? Have yet to hear a single good excuse that makes h5 different than the previous games. The only difference was h3 limited it by team based matchmaking, something h5 clearly lacks in arena and warzone, but as said it would limit, not stop the issue. It's been a little more than a year and 343 are now looking into this lol. It's also ignorant if people to then pair every Spartan company as farmers, pub stompers, people looking to ruin your fun, ect ect as it's not true. Are there some? Absolutely! But what data do you have that says you can make an absured assumption like that? Even 343 have said warzone farming was what, around 5% if I remember correctly, and then I come here and see over exaggeration like no other. @i got 5 farming ganes in a row" B.S., problem is any time you lose or get blown out you get upset and make up the farming excuse.

as for your perspective on competitive warzone op: warzone a nature isn't to be competitive. It's to random, chaotic, and unpredictable to be a viable competive mode in its current state. You can play it competitively yes, but many will downplay it due to the reasons I listed. I've no issue if 343 were to make a competitive warzone mode separate from the original for those who like competitive play though and I don't see a reason not to do so, after all, 343 have said in the past Warzone is what is played the most in h5.
sigh this has been going on since the last update and from what we can see (at least forum wise) general farming is down and match length has increased (as it was intended to do)

not having a 12 man team is not the end of the world. You can have just as much fun with a 6 man team (i know i have done it) cause ya it was never suppose to be a competitive mode. Players can try to make that mode competitive if they want but there was always suppose to be a designated mode were players could escape those -Yoinks-.

They have always been in btb, its nothing new.

All we hear now is "oh no i cant play with 12 people at the same time and farm or sweep randoms in a social mode" SadFace. You will get over it, and you will move on. No whether or think it or not, that part of the population (small one at that) will still play the game.

lol "the population has officially been split" based on your comment I dont think you actually know what that sentence means in a multiplayer setting.
I completely disagree with those statements. Halo is so much more fun when you can play with your friends. However, 343 took that and completely cut it in half. My friends and I used to have so much fun getting together in full 12 man lobbies and having the most epic battles in Warzone. Now, half of our teams have to sit out and wait and that is far more frustrating than fun. The most we can do now is 8v8 (which is stupid because Warzone should be the largest game mode, not BTB) and it just isn't the same. Halo 5's BTB isn't really all that fun and the battles just aren't nearly as good. Plus, you don't get the AI and all the reqs in BTB. Most of us will leave Halo 5 if this is not fixed because now 343 has alienated the Warzone teams too.
You can still play with your friends, but only 5 others. You used to have those epic battles? You mean the battles where the other team would be sitting in the core room with no way out while you destroy anyone brave enough to come out? Yah, so epic /s.
Love that all the tryhards are still crying about this update.

me and my one or two friends that play Warzone together love it now. Much more balanced, much more competitive matches. Sorry to all you 12 man teams that think it's cool to farm and spam wins so you can have really cool e-stats in a video games. Sorry you can't be super cool anymore.

im fine with this change until there is something more casual in the playlist. Not every freaking game mode needs to be sweaty and tryhardy. News flash: you're not all hcs mlg leetsauce Warzone pros.
S Monki wrote:
Revan XVIV wrote:
First: Longer Matches = more RP, and more RP for casuals is perfect! The comps can get their sweaty nights in arena where it belongs.
First, you get no more RP from playing a 30 minute match than a 10 minute match. So, you are basiclaly wasting time in a game that could be done and finished in a third of the time for the same amount of XP and RP. Not to mention, just because your in a team doesn't make you a sweat, or means you like arena(which I hate).
Quote:
Second: Most people enjoy long matches because it helps them get more RP to complete the grind quicker.
Yeah, just like getting beaten in 10 minutes would speed up the process rather than having a 30 minute unenjoyable stalemate. Completes the grind much faster. Not to mention, playing a game more than 10 minutes only yields around 500-1000 more RP dependant on how you did.
Quote:
Or maybe just to have a mode where solo players can run wild and free, sure there'll be teams, but 6 man is better as it IS more chill and fun BECAUSE each team has an equal chance.
Solo players can do that in any mode. Nothings stopping them. Teams have always been a thing in Halo, why limit something that's never been a problem, or could be better solved?

Plus, playing with 6 idiots is anything but chill. As I listed earlier, it can and is hell dealing with a multitude of stupid occurrences due to your teammates when it can easily be skipped by partying with friends.

Everybody has an equal chance. It's up to you to put on your mic and talk, or go to LFG and take a few minutes to find a team. Nothings stropping you, and if you are so strapped for time why would you play a 30 minute back and forth or stalemate where you are just getting slaughtered by that one awesome dude on the other team?
could someone please show me this mythic 30 min WZ game?? Because ive never had a game last longer than 22-23 min. Fun watching all these former 12 man dudes complain they were farmed, nah man, thats just how WZ is when you Arent just a trolling 12 man team. start fighting stop whining.
I would, but I quick warzone. Its stupid now, just like my teammates. Also, just because you haven't experienced it doesn't me we haven't, and that's just a weak and pathetic argument used by those who are ignorant to other's troubles. We aren't trolling, we are enjoying ourselves by playing with competent teammates, and not subjecting ourselves to a 20-30 minute game that gives the same RP and XP as a 10 -15 minute one. Or, quickly coring to get more XP/RP at a faster rate. Or just enjoying talking to each other which normal warzone doesn't do as people never talk.

So how about you guys quit whining about 12 man teams and advocate for something that helps us both, or get your own team? Cause thats all you guys did before, despite it being easily solvable.
Revan XVIV wrote:
Revan XVIV wrote:
First: Longer Matches = more RP, and more RP for casuals is perfect! The comps can get their sweaty nights in arena where it belongs.
First, you get no more RP from playing a 30 minute match than a 10 minute match. So, you are basiclaly wasting time in a game that could be done and finished in a third of the time for the same amount of XP and RP. Not to mention, just because your in a team doesn't make you a sweat, or means you like arena(which I hate).
Quote:
Second: Most people enjoy long matches because it helps them get more RP to complete the grind quicker.
Yeah, just like getting beaten in 10 minutes would speed up the process rather than having a 30 minute unenjoyable stalemate. Completes the grind much faster. Not to mention, playing a game more than 10 minutes only yields around 500-1000 more RP dependant on how you did.
Quote:
Or maybe just to have a mode where solo players can run wild and free, sure there'll be teams, but 6 man is better as it IS more chill and fun BECAUSE each team has an equal chance.
Solo players can do that in any mode. Nothings stopping them. Teams have always been a thing in Halo, why limit something that's never been a problem, or could be better solved?

Plus, playing with 6 idiots is anything but chill. As I listed earlier, it can and is hell dealing with a multitude of stupid occurrences due to your teammates when it can easily be skipped by partying with friends.

Everybody has an equal chance. It's up to you to put on your mic and talk, or go to LFG and take a few minutes to find a team. Nothings stropping you, and if you are so strapped for time why would you play a 30 minute back and forth or stalemate where you are just getting slaughtered by that one awesome dude on the other te
Warzone isn't and SHOULDN'T be competitive, competitive players have had say of what happens with Halo 5 since day 1, it's time for the casuals to get some love.
Did I say it should be? Teams dont make it competitive, no matter the size. As I stated above, the majority of reasons for partying up are social. So stop acting like a victim to competitive, when you are preying on social yourself.
Quote:
All I see when I read posts complaining about the fireteam limit is "Waaa I can't scrimmage anymore, was I can't farm for the dumbest armor in the game anymore."
Haven't and won't ever farm for armor. If I wont do challenges for it, I surely wont farm for it. Neither am I trying to scrimmage, there is customs for that. I just want to have fun with many friends and not deal with idiots or jerks(which I mainly get when playing warzone). Plus, that's not all you see, what you see is your twisted imagining of what people think just because you don't like it.
Quote:
Or my personal favorite "Waa I can't ruin other people's online experience anymore." Seriously somebody call the wambulance.
Again, I don't try to do that. Also, Your taking joy in ruining my experience so what makes you any better than the farmers? Nothing, you honestly seem like you are getting a kick out of others misery, so I'd say you are just as bad.
If you think a 12 man fireteam is fair vs randoms....you must get really pissed off when the opposite team has an opponent in virtually every sport. There is no competition or even causual play with large based fire teams vs random player grouping. Again...its as if you were the NYG and were playing football against the New England senior citizens homeless and CEOs.
I believe a 6 man, coordinated team can still have an impact on a Warzone game.

But honestly, if in order to win in a Warzone match you needed to be in a 12 man team, then the game isn't working as intended.

''Oh, you're solo? Sorry, you're gonna get farmed.''

When you get farmed 3-4 times in a row in Warzone, let me tell you, you don't want to come back. I had a fear for normal Warzone knowing the risk of running into 12 man teams. Once you run into one, you're stuck in limbo. Quit and risk a ban. Stay and painfully watch the enemy team kill you and not kill the core. Interesting choices right?

Doesn't seem too fair. Solo players deserve to have a fair match as much as team players, even if they're not as sociable as team players.

There are more casual players than there are hardcore ones. Alienate the casuals, and you'll see your playerbase get frustrated and drop the mode altogether. Not a smart move.

All in all, 12 man teams are upset by this move simply because it upsets their total domination of the mode.
And I know, I got the digital copy of the game so I may have missed the part in the manual that said "Multiplayer +20....only fun if you have +10 people on one team."
I believe a 6 man, coordinated team can still have an impact on a Warzone game.

But honestly, if in order to win in a Warzone match you needed to be in a 12 man team, then the game isn't working as intended.

Could care less about winning. But when you have a multitude of stupid people or immature children on your team causing you to get slaughtered by the randoms on the other side it's much more aggravating than getting outplayed.
Quote:
''Oh, you're solo? Sorry, you're gonna get farmed.''

When you get farmed 3-4 times in a row in Warzone, let me tell you, you don't want to come back. I had a fear for normal Warzone knowing the risk of running into 12 man teams. Once you run into one, you're stuck in limbo. Quit and risk a ban. Stay and painfully watch the enemy team kill you and not kill the core. Interesting choices right?

Dude. You can get farmed by a team of solo players too, which is more likely than by a team so nothing's changed. Just three days ago I was getting slaughtered by this group of randoms in the base, and if it wasn't for one guy with a rocket it probably would've continued. That's why I completely stopped playing warzone. It's more unfair than ever with teammates miles below your skill level, and enemies up in Onyx and champ in terms of abilities.
Quote:
Doesn't seem too fair. Solo players deserve to have a fair match as much as team players, even if they're not as sociable as team players.

Doesn't seem fair to me to match up with weaker teammates then get slaughtered.
Quote:
There are more casual players than there are hardcore ones. Alienate the casuals, and you'll see your playerbase get frustrated and drop the mode altogether. Not a smart move.

Yeah, and I'm one. Which is why I party up. There's better solutions than alienating one casual base over another. Balance is necessary, which this isn't.
Quote:
All in all, 12 man teams are upset by this move simply because it upsets their total domination of the mode.
No, I'm upset because I get terrible teammates. Don't generalize us. Not every 12 man team are farmers, not even the majority are.
Red III wrote:
you know those 12 man quick core "competitive" teams are less than 1% of the population. and youre not doing it to be competitive, but instead for fast xp and stat whoring.
We're quick coring between games while trying to match another team. We need a way for teams to match teams.

343 created Spartan companies. Made warzone the only large team playlist for them to play at launch. Then decided to blame their crappy matchmaking on them a year later. And the community is buying it. Unbelievable.

and if you're quick cored less than 1% of the time why is it such a problem? Could it be that it's a much larger number than 10%?

Edit. You belong to a company that has a requirement to join of at least 1-2 unfrigginbelievables. Talk about stat whoring.
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:
Warzone was always meant to be the "fun" mode or whatever. I don't think it's shocking that they're trying to make it less frustrating for the solo players.
That is f*cking bullsh*t, I had to start playing solo because my company refused to play 6-man fireteam and I pretty much hate the game now. No matter what I do, I can never win a SINGLE F*CKING MATCH. 343 better create one list for solo players and one for full teams. That is the only solution.
Sounds like you should find a new group of people.

How are you not winning a single game? I'm a solo player with a 45% win percentage and games are easier since the change.

I think it should be mixed with solo and teams. If I had to only play solo players only I probably wouldn't play it. The game should be consisting of compartmentalised teams for balanced games cause at 12 man teams it's never going to be balanced.
45% is horrible. Who sould want to sit in so many losing games, for over 10 minutes when you can party up with competent people and have a percentage in the 70s and up? People join companies and party in 12 to use strategies effectively and most of the time, have shorter games. Mainly just so they aren't losing so much.

I just came up with a fantastic idea. Every random on Waypoint complaining about parties could've started "Company of Randoms." It would've filled up so quick and y'all could've had multiple sub companies lol. Too late for that, 343 is killing the ability and the appeal to play with a bigger percentage of your Company in Matchmaking.

I thought Halo was going forward with bigger battles and teams. The dream everyone had of Halo having big 12v12 team or 16v16 are dead now, until they make a separate playlist for people that can't find anyone to play with.
2
"Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
Donquixote Doflamingo
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:
Warzone was always meant to be the "fun" mode or whatever. I don't think it's shocking that they're trying to make it less frustrating for the solo players.
That is f*cking bullsh*t, I had to start playing solo because my company refused to play 6-man fireteam and I pretty much hate the game now. No matter what I do, I can never win a SINGLE F*CKING MATCH. 343 better create one list for solo players and one for full teams. That is the only solution.
Sounds like you should find a new group of people.

How are you not winning a single game? I'm a solo player with a 45% win percentage and games are easier since the change.

I think it should be mixed with solo and teams. If I had to only play solo players only I probably wouldn't play it. The game should be consisting of compartmentalised teams for balanced games cause at 12 man teams it's never going to be balanced.
45% is horrible. Who sould want to sit in so many losing games, for over 10 minutes when you can party up with competent people and have a percentage in the 70s and up? People join companies and party in 12 to use strategies effectively and most of the time, have shorter games. Mainly just so they aren't losing so much.

I just came up with a fantastic idea. Every random on Waypoint complaining about parties could've started "Company of Randoms." It would've filled up so quick and y'all could've had multiple sub companies lol. Too late for that, 343 is killing the ability and the appeal to play with a bigger percentage of your Company in Matchmaking.

I thought Halo was going forward with bigger battles and teams. The dream everyone had of Halo having big 12v12 team or 16v16 are dead now, until they make a separate playlist for people that can't find anyone to play with.
I tried partying up a few times the game crashes the majority of the time. Most of the time invites don't even work either.

I thought 45% was alright for only ever playing in a fullman team once and pretty much 100% solo. The point of what I was saying though was he's complaining he can't win any games when I'm finding the percentage to win is 50% plus.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3