Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Warzone Community Update...not looking good for WZ

OP hey matt hey

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I absolutely despise that the community has been divided into teams vs solo players. It's like we're pitted against each other.

Most players that run on a fireteam do also run solo. We are at both sides of the fence.

I wish that that players would realize that when you get smashed by a group of 12 it's not the fault of the team that just rolled through you. It's 343 for implementing a poor matchmaking system.

343 says that they didn't intend for warzone to be filled with large competitive teams. Imo this just shows how little they know about their gaming community if it's the truth. They launch a game without any big team playlists except for warzone. How do they assume that competitive big team players would not go to that mode? Mind blown.

This is matchmaking could have catered to both competitive and casual players. It didn't have to be us vs you. We are not enemies.
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:
Warzone was always meant to be the "fun" mode or whatever. I don't think it's shocking that they're trying to make it less frustrating for the solo players.
That is f*cking bullsh*t, I had to start playing solo because my company refused to play 6-man fireteam and I pretty much hate the game now. No matter what I do, I can never win a SINGLE F*CKING MATCH. 343 better create one list for solo players and one for full teams. That is the only solution.
Sounds like you should find a new group of people.

How are you not winning a single game? I'm a solo player with a 45% win percentage and games are easier since the change.

I think it should be mixed with solo and teams. If I had to only play solo players only I probably wouldn't play it. The game should be consisting of compartmentalised teams for balanced games cause at 12 man teams it's never going to be balanced.
45% is horrible. Who sould want to sit in so many losing games, for over 10 minutes when you can party up with competent people and have a percentage in the 70s and up? People join companies and party in 12 to use strategies effectively and most of the time, have shorter games. Mainly just so they aren't losing so much.

I just came up with a fantastic idea. Every random on Waypoint complaining about parties could've started "Company of Randoms." It would've filled up so quick and y'all could've had multiple sub companies lol. Too late for that, 343 is killing the ability and the appeal to play with a bigger percentage of your Company in Matchmaking.

I thought Halo was going forward with bigger battles and teams. The dream everyone had of Halo having big 12v12 team or 16v16 are dead now, until they make a separate playlist for people that can't find anyone to play with.
I tried partying up a few times the game crashes the majority of the time. Most of the time invites don't even work either.

I thought 45% was alright for only ever playing in a fullman team once and pretty much 100% solo. The point of what I was saying though was he's complaining he can't win any games when I'm finding the percentage to win is 50% plus.
Hmmm very intersting. I party up with my company members and friends every night on Halo, and yes I will agree we have our party issues, but the majority of time we're able to party up and play for hours most nights.

You must not be giving it much of a chance. Especially if you're gonna stand by making that excuse.
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:
Warzone was always meant to be the "fun" mode or whatever. I don't think it's shocking that they're trying to make it less frustrating for the solo players.
That is f*cking bullsh*t, I had to start playing solo because my company refused to play 6-man fireteam and I pretty much hate the game now. No matter what I do, I can never win a SINGLE F*CKING MATCH. 343 better create one list for solo players and one for full teams. That is the only solution.

How are you not winning a single game? I'm a solo player with a 45% win percentage and games are easier since the change.

I think it should be mixed with solo and teams. If I had to only play solo players only I probably wouldn't play it. The game should be consisting of compartmentalised teams for balanced games cause at 12 man teams it's never going to be balanced.
45% is horrible. Who sould want to sit in so many losing games, for over 10 minutes when you can party up with competent people and have a percentage in the 70s and up? People join companies and party in 12 to use strategies effectively and most of the time, have shorter games. Mainly just so they aren't losing so much.

I just came up with a fantastic idea. Every random on Waypoint complaining about parties could've started "Company of Randoms." It would've filled up so quick and y'all could've had multiple sub companies lol. Too late for that, 343 is killing the ability and the appeal to play with a bigger percentage of your Company in Matchmaking.

I thought Halo was going forward with bigger battles and teams. The dream everyone had of Halo having big 12v12 team or 16v16 are dead now, until they make a separate playlist for people that can't find anyone to play with.
I tried partying up a few times the game crashes the majority of the time. Most of the time invites don't even work either.

I thought 45% was alright for only ever playing in a fullman team once and pretty much 100% solo. The point of what I was saying though was he's complaining he can't win any games when I'm finding the percentage to win is 50% plus.
Hmmm very intersting. I party up with my company members and friends every night on Halo, and yes I will agree we have our party issues, but the majority of time we're able to party up and play for hours most nights.

You must not be giving it much of a chance. Especially if you're gonna stand by making that excuse.
I probably haven't tried actually partying in about 2-3 updates though i have tried accepting invites but most of the time it doesn't work.

I'll admit I do avoid partying up cause of social anxiety and performance anxiety of not wanting to let my team down.
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:

I probably haven't tried actually partying in about 2-3 updates though i have tried accepting invites but most of the time it doesn't work.

I'll admit I do avoid partying up cause of social anxiety and performance anxiety of not wanting to let my team down.
Join Spartan Dads! We're a bunch of cool dudes and we don't judge skill level, we just like to have fun. Some of us play competitively and some play casually. We've got a good mix who could cure that anxiety!
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:

Join Spartan Dads! We're a bunch of cool dudes and we don't judge skill level, we just like to have fun. Some of us play competitively and some play casually. We've got a good mix who could cure that anxiety!
I'm currently in a company working for Achilles only have the helmet left. I haven't even tried to play with them yet. I was in a company before but I ended up getting too anxious to accept their game invite after a while and they were pretty casual. So I just stayed solo and my company doesn't mind.
ReteroX wrote:
Well, today I learned that people still play regular Warzone.

A separate playlist would solve the problem though, just call it Company Warzone and it only matches companies of 12v12. Done, dusted. The ranked and social split I think has been good for the game, it certainly makes me more inclined to play.
I feel like this is a very reasonable solution. Keep the 6 man limit in standard Warzone and all the people that are stating that they're interested in the social aspect of playing with 11 of their friends can do so against another group of 12 people.
The 6-man WZ Lobbies do kinda suck since me and my company just mess around in a 12 man and don't really take it seriously. It does make things a little frustrating when you can't play with your company, but then again it is temporary, hopefully they add a playlist for full lobbies, even a ranked mode for WZ would be tight.
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:

I have had (and still have) the same issue dude. Give it a try. There are a lot of awesome players out there that couldn't give 2 -Yoink- about your KDA. And those that do...-Yoink- them :-)
STSLPO wrote:
radiohm3 wrote:
ReteroX wrote:

I have had (and still have) the same issue dude. Give it a try. There are a lot of awesome players out there that couldn't give 2 -Yoink- about your KDA. And those that do...-Yoink- them :-)
I might do once I get a new mic. I don't particularly feel my KD is that bad if I played in teams it would only get higher and my KD has been going up over time any way. I also prefer playing objectives so I'm not particularly trying to have a good kd.
what they should do is add a fourth search option that finds games where you match people of the same fireteam size, this way solo players have the CHOICE not to play teams, teams of 2-4 have the choice between playing as usual or matching other, Similar sized teams and full 12 man teams have the choice between playing other 12 mans or not, this way every one is happy as the "competitive" 12 man teams will be facing other "competitive" 12 man teams resulting in a competitive game of wz, and 3-4 man teams will match similar numbered teams and so on and so forth, this will mean matches will be fair and , most importantly for the 12 man teams, as competitive as the players want
what warzone need is ranked playlists .
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3