Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

WARZONE DISCUSSION

OP UK1V

I recently tweeted out to Josh Menke about a game of Warzone my friends and I had. To my surprise there is a very divided idea about what it was exactly I was talking about. In the coming topics below I am welcoming the five biggest most active Companies to have a CIVIL chat about WZ. Of course the whole community is welcome to throw in their 2 cents worth as well. As it benefits everyone to see what we all think and feel. This is to stop the mud slinging over social media, so we can come together and have good times not bad memories.

Firstly, my tweet was to outline a team of WZ players that went out of their way to match an individual in our team. Yes that person causes A LOT of problems by big noting and unfortunately implicates his teammates in the process. That didn't give the green light for the entire team to be cooped up in the furthest part of Home Base, when there was only a handful of people left in the game. My problem was a 5 minute game lasting 20 minutes. My problem was the enemy team having to actually walk beyond the core room to kill the remaining people in the game.

Secondly, my tweet was not about losing the game. It was not about being bad at the game so now I'm going to cause a problem. My tweet was to outline that certain members of our team received messages as the game loaded to get comfy as we were going to get farmed.

I completely understand and respect that tensions are high, there's a lot of animosity amongst people in the WZ community. I get that MMR changes probably won't affect me as much as it will drastically impact some of you. You are allowed to play with your friends just as much as I can play with mine. Where does the line get drawn though?

I see and hear people get upset all the time because they want to hit 152, but it's made to be more gruelling than what it already is. Majority of these people quit before the game finishes, most of the time it's after 10+ minutes have passed because the core hasn't been touched. I know personally if the core is destroyed then I'm all good with that, game's over gg and move onto the next game. Not 20 minutes worth of hiding in the back of the Home Base and watching a death screen.

Thirdly, this one is probably most important. Telling someone who isn't as good as you to just "quit out" isn't the solution. Telling them to "just don't play" isn't the solution. Everyone else wants 152 as well.

Moving away from that side of things, I got a good understanding that you guys get a lot of trash talk your way from certain people. It's alright to have a bit of friendly rivalry, but I know it's out of hand right now. We don't have to name names we all know who the instigators are on both sides. I am really hoping to air out some issues, the big issues on this post. Deep down I know that everyone cares about their friends and community just as much as I do. This leads me onto the playground for the people who wish to put their money where their mouth is. WARLORDS. Seriously do whatever you want on Warlords, that's what it's there for. To see which teams truly are the best. It gives those of us who want that side of WZ a place to pit it out and those of us who'd rather not don't have to spend 20 minutes in the back of Home Base.

Josh Menke, I respect the fact that these very good players on WZ want the same chance as us to play as a team, the only trouble is the farming. My goal today isn't to ruin their fun, it's to make it fun for everyone. I don't mind losing a game. I do mind the unnecessary length of time it takes for them to end the game. So if there can be some sort of agreement between the Company Leaders about how the game should be played then keep the MMR as is. We are all in the Halo Community at the end of the day.

There are better ways of handling situations, perhaps I wasn't as delicate with the situation as I could've been. So if it means anything, I am sorry, and hope this post caters to everyone.

So, I am adding some of the Companies I know of that play regularly to the list, so Leaders and members can say and do as they please, respectively. If you would like your Company added to this list as well, you need only ask me.

Fatal
Demoralized
Nonstop
Allegiance
Dominated
Had a stormbreak match against some of the above today.

Game went as expected. Half my team quit pretty much immediately and just waited it out.

Thankfully it was a game where they quick-cored and I waited a bit before re-queueing.

Knew what was up as soon as there were 6 enemies at our armory within the first minute of the game before we even capped it.

Good strategy when going for quick win, dirty when setting up a farm session.
UK1V wrote:
This leads me onto the playground for the people who wish to put their money where their mouth is. WARLORDS. Seriously do whatever you want on Warlords, that's what it's there for. To see which teams truly are the best. It gives those of us who want that side of WZ a place to pit it out and those of us who'd rather not don't have to spend 20 minutes in the back of Home Base.
Just want to highlight this part and say I agree with it. Shouldn't those sweaty companies stick to the Warlords playlist where they belong, and leave everyone else alone? And if they are ignoring the Warlords playlist because it takes longer for them to find a match, doesn't that create a positive feedback loop where it takes even longer for full teams to find a match in Warlords because full teams are ignoring Warlords because it takes longer to find a match in it? So yeah, it sounds to me like they should go play in Warlords, especially if they are going to behave this way in normal Warzone.
Warzone is and was a great idea but it was just so poorly made really. The biggest issue is how dumb the enemy AI are. They literally do nothing unless a team goes to them. Now imagine if the AI were smarter and more aggressive. Imagine if they could and would capture armories/bases if you don't take care of them. One reason it's so easy for teams to farm other teams is because AI can be completely ignored and they will just camp out in one area of the map. The other big issue is the "balance" relies on players using reqs. The req system became so bloated quite a few still seem to be unlocking stuff so they probably don't have a big collection and may not be willing to use them especially if they know they won't make much of a difference.

What warzone should have been, instead of a req system, it should have been an improvement and expansion of legendary Dominion from H4. Dominion was just epic and probably the best game type 343 implemented, barley beating husky raid. Get rid of the bullet sponge bosses and just have Dominion with enemy AI involved in the fight and you would have pure gold!
UK1V wrote:
I recently tweeted out to Josh Menke about a game of Warzone my friends and I had. To my surprise there is a very divided idea about what it was exactly I was talking about. In the coming topics below I am welcoming the five biggest most active Companies to have a CIVIL chat about WZ. Of course the whole community is welcome to throw in their 2 cents worth as well. As it benefits everyone to see what we all think and feel. This is to stop the mud slinging over social media, so we can come together and have good times not bad memories.

Firstly, my tweet was to outline a team of WZ players that went out of their way to match an individual in our team. Yes that person causes A LOT of problems by big noting and unfortunately implicates his teammates in the process. That didn't give the green light for the entire team to be cooped up in the furthest part of Home Base, when there was only a handful of people left in the game. My problem was a 5 minute game lasting 20 minutes. My problem was the enemy team having to actually walk beyond the core room to kill the remaining people in the game.

Secondly, my tweet was not about losing the game. It was not about being bad at the game so now I'm going to cause a problem. My tweet was to outline that certain members of our team received messages as the game loaded to get comfy as we were going to get farmed.

I completely understand and respect that tensions are high, there's a lot of animosity amongst people in the WZ community. I get that MMR changes probably won't affect me as much as it will drastically impact some of you. You are allowed to play with your friends just as much as I can play with mine. Where does the line get drawn though?

I see and hear people get upset all the time because they want to hit 152, but it's made to be more gruelling than what it already is. Majority of these people quit before the game finishes, most of the time it's after 10+ minutes have passed because the core hasn't been touched. I know personally if the core is destroyed then I'm all good with that, game's over gg and move onto the next game. Not 20 minutes worth of hiding in the back of the Home Base and watching a death screen.

Thirdly, this one is probably most important. Telling someone who isn't as good as you to just "quit out" isn't the solution. Telling them to "just don't play" isn't the solution. Everyone else wants 152 as well.

Moving away from that side of things, I got a good understanding that you guys get a lot of trash talk your way from certain people. It's alright to have a bit of friendly rivalry, but I know it's out of hand right now. We don't have to name names we all know who the instigators are on both sides. I am really hoping to air out some issues, the big issues on this post. Deep down I know that everyone cares about their friends and community just as much as I do. This leads me onto the playground for the people who wish to put their money where their mouth is. WARLORDS. Seriously do whatever you want on Warlords, that's what it's there for. To see which teams truly are the best. It gives those of us who want that side of WZ a place to pit it out and those of us who'd rather not don't have to spend 20 minutes in the back of Home Base.

Josh Menke, I respect the fact that these very good players on WZ want the same chance as us to play as a team, the only trouble is the farming. My goal today isn't to ruin their fun, it's to make it fun for everyone. I don't mind losing a game. I do mind the unnecessary length of time it takes for them to end the game. So if there can be some sort of agreement between the Company Leaders about how the game should be played then keep the MMR as is. We are all in the Halo Community at the end of the day.

There are better ways of handling situations, perhaps I wasn't as delicate with the situation as I could've been. So if it means anything, I am sorry, and hope this post caters to everyone.

So, I am adding some of the Companies I know of that play regularly to the list, so Leaders and members can say and do as they please, respectively. If you would like your Company added to this list as well, you need only ask me.

FatalDemoralizedNonstopAllegianceDominated
Agreed. There is no fun when you just get farmed, there is no fun in a match of regular Warzone that only takes 5 minutes or less. What's the point to play that kind of playlist if you don't play it properly? If you want something hardcore, well, then play Arena, the videogames are for fun, if you take it seriously, well, then you don't understand the main point haha...
People still farm? Jeez, that’s crazy. I mainly play arena now. But that sucks, what’s the fun in that anyways? Don’t people want to feel rewarded? Killing freebies isn’t fun or challenging.