Warzone "Farming" Isn't Unsporting Behavior

OP EGL Edits

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16
Before I get crucified hear me out. In no way do I condone farming or exploiting the game for benefit, I'm just hear to lay down the facts. Warzone Farming doesn't exist, those teams farming are just playing the game.

There are a few ways to win in warzone. Kill Bosses, Destroy the Core, and Slaying the enemy team. All of these can get you to 1000 Points. Please explain to me why its considering farming when a team has all three basses and they're not destroying the core. It really isn't. They are just killing you to get 1000 Points. If it was their intent or not, technically they aren't breaking any Xbox Live's Code or game rules, they are playing the game until 1000 Points. People who are 100% against "farming" are the same people who think destroying the enemy core is the only option when having three bases. No its not considering unsporting behavior just because they're not playing the game "correctly" or your way, they're just playing the game. Could they end the game quicker by killing the bosses and destroying the core. Hell yeah they could but they don't have to because either way regardless of which route they take to win, its completely justifiable. Granted a mercy rule would be great for warzone and can end this stupid debate of Warzone farming but in the game we're in now, we don't have that.

No, farming is not against the Xbox Live's Code. No its not justifiable that someone could get banned or have their rep taken down because they were "farming" Guess what, if they farm block em. You loose one game every one looses, move on to the next. I've been farmed on but I don't report them because it isn't justified. What will I report them for. Nothing because they were just playing the game. Sure I get mad as hell and wish I didn't get farmed but what am I going to do, cry and report it because they simply over took our bases and are playing until they reach 1000 Points. If you keep getting farmed join a team and wreck shop on Halo LFG or group up with your friends.
I've only reported quitters and the usually ghost that targets me for 5 mins of the match until they get bored or booted.

GL with this OP, pitchforks are on their way
EGL Edits wrote:
No its not justifiable that someone could get banned or have their rep taken down because they were "farming" Guess what, if they farm block em.
If it's not unsporting, then why block them ? It does not stop you meeting them in matches.
I don't consider that farming. I would maybe consider that camping maybe? idk, I would probably do the same and not kill the core.
Vnm1000Vpr wrote:
I've only reported quitters and the usually ghost that targets me for 5 mins of the match until they get bored or booted.

i agree with the OP.
but not because of the same reasons.

while i think it is fair to report true farmers for unsporting behaviour. i do not think their rep should go down. it should be the same as on the 360 where you can avoid em.

making their rep go down and leaving them unable to play is just plainly unfair. and that should NOT be possible. they paid for it and they should be able to play it.

the point however is that true farming not really often happens. you see, a LOT of people mistake losing and getting their butts whooped for farming and thus, they report the fair guys. And that, is the true problem. because when a team is trying to defend their core and the other team just cannot push through, its Looks like farming, but it isnt. so because one team was just a little bit not good enough to core em, they get reported for farming. which is just outright wrong.

this is not a problem 343 has to solve alone. microsoft itself needs to look at this, mainly how the reporting and rep system works. because it breaks the game and fun for a lot of players.
Look at it your way if you want, but what do the victims get out of it? Its annoying and stressful when you just want to sit down and play some normal warzone. It isnt fair when the whole other team is communicating with each other while nobody is on yours, so there isnt any organization. Whats the point in playing warzone when all thats gonna happen is you getting killed countless times. Its definately not fun and not enjoyable. Adding Achilles armor was a mistake, and im tired of being farmed by greedy spartan companies. ESPECIALLY Partyupgaming. Theyre notorious for farming.
The objective when you have all 3 bases is to destroy the core. When you are farming, you aren't following the objective
It is unsporting conduct. They are ruining the experience of other players. Going for kills is fine, but not if you are inside the enemies home base totally ignoring the core simply so that you can get more kills.

If you have a whole team of twelve people with the intent of capturing all bases and killing the other team inside their home base then you and the other eleven people in your team are acting unsportsmanlike and ruining the experience of everyone you farm.

You definitely deserve a report for that.
You have earned every single one of those reports. You deserve all of them and more.
Kid in SC for Achillies, quite clearly a farming SC, thinks farming is okay.
Argument = invalid
Look at it your way if you want, but what do the victims get out of it? Its annoying and stressful when you just want to sit down and play some normal warzone. It isnt fair when the whole other team is communicating with each other while nobody is on yours, so there isnt any organization. Whats the point in playing warzone when all thats gonna happen is you getting killed countless times. Its definately not fun and not enjoyable. Adding Achilles armor was a mistake, and im tired of being farmed by greedy spartan companies. ESPECIALLY Partyupgaming. Theyre notorious for farming.
1) "Look at it your way if you want, but what do the victims get out of it? Its annoying and stressful when you just want to sit down and play some normal warzone."
You know there is a simple trick to that, you can leave and join another match :O
people complain about this so much, when they can just leave the game, it's not like they have a gun pointed to them forcing them to stay

2) "It isnt fair when the whole other team is communicating with each other while nobody is on yours"
are you serious, because a team communicated their rep should be set to "avoid me"

3) "Whats the point in playing warzone when all thats gonna happen is you getting killed countless times. Its definately not fun and not enjoyable."
farming doesn't happen that much, it's not every game

4) "Adding Achilles armor was a mistake, and im tired of being farmed by greedy spartan companies. ESPECIALLY Partyupgaming. Theyre notorious for farming."
farming was in halo since halo 2, achilles did nothing

It's like all you want to do is complain
Vnm1000Vpr wrote:

the point however is that true farming not really often happens. you see, a LOT of people mistake losing and getting their butts whooped for farming and thus, they report the fair guys. And that, is the true problem. because when a team is trying to defend their core and the other team just cannot push through, its Looks like farming, but it isnt. so because one team was just a little bit not good enough to core em, they get reported for farming. which is just outright wrong.
But you can tell youre being farmed when in the carnage report you see that the whole other team is from the same spartan company.
Cody AUS wrote:
You know there is a simple trick to that, you can leave and join another match :O
people complain about this so much, when they can just leave the game, it's not like they have a gun pointed to them forcing them to stay
Well you know what happens when I leave games? I get banned for 24 hours. I dont want that.
Although there is something to be said about the difference between true farming and not actually farming, even though it appears that way. True farming is when the other team doesn't make an effort to reach the core. They are focusing on getting kills and commendations and are happy to leave the core untouched. Often, teams can be mistaken for farming when they are going against a team that is defending their core well. If you think a team is farming, just lessen up your defenses, see if they go for the core or not. True farmers will not go for the objective
Vnm1000Vpr wrote:

i agree with the OP.

while i think it is fair to report true farmers for unsporting behaviour. i do not think their rep should go down. it should be the same as on the 360 where you can avoid em.

making their rep go down and leaving them unable to play is just plainly unfair. and that should NOT be possible. they paid for it and they should be able to play it.

this is not a problem 343 has to solve alone. microsoft itself needs to look at this, mainly how the reporting and rep system works. because it breaks the game and fun for a lot of players.
They do deserve to be unable to play. It takes a huge number of reports to make you unable to play. If you have that many then you have been doing something wrong. It's nobody's fault but their own. Everyone else payed for the game. If they are not following the rules than they deserve to be punished by having their ability to play online revoked.
Vnm1000Vpr wrote:

i agree with the OP.

Why should they be allowed to play with other's when they have no interest in following the game objective and ruining other players game, now that's unfair. Paying all this money for a game and people have no interest in following the game mechanics, why bother buying it. They deserve the low rep and not been able to play, they deserve been banned
Cody AUS wrote:
The banhammer man... the banhammer :(
I never report the "farmers" don't think the issue is that bad either.

(I always play solo)

It is funny looking at the "farmers" gamer cards all just say "avoid me" if I see that, I just block them.
Cody AUS wrote:
Well you know what happens when I leave games? I get banned for 24 hours. I dont want that.
Lmao, you don't leave one game and get banned for 24 hours.. i updated my post, go read that, your post is just... such a mess
Vnm1000Vpr wrote:

i agree with the OP.

. it should be the same as on the 360 where you can avoid em.

When you avoided players on the 360 it only reduced the chance of not meeting them again, there were countless posts of players avoiding and meeting the avoided in the very next game. I agree not all farm but many do. What about the players who get told to git gud or quit when they complain of being farmed ? They pay for their game and live too.
To me, Warzone farming (intentionally not destroying the core) is poor sportsmanship and no different than holding a flag in CTF in order to get kills. I’ll report someone in that case and I'll report them here.

Also, blocking players on the Xbox One doesn’t avoid them.

Quote:
Blocking another player prevents you from receiving the player’s messages, game invites, and party invites. It also prevents the affected player from seeing your online activity, and, if applicable, removes the player from your friends list.
If you have issues with the reputation system, you’re best off posting in Xbox Feedback and the Xbox Forums.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 16