2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 16
So purposefully avoiding the objective and the bosses to spawn kill players for your own benefit, knowing you're ruining everyone's time isn't being a -Yoink-?
if you can tell the difference between a team TRYING to destroy the core, and a team trying to keep the enemy contained in their homebase, you are one of the few that know the diffrence.
Its not hard to know the difference when the legendary boss is sitting by himself with nobody attacking him. :P
tell that to the guys defending their core they cant tell wether its being attacked or not. they dont even care.
Here is my counter example for you. I have a fire team with me on ARC. We do our normal routine take out base hit garage. Enemy team is req spamming us and generally kicking our -Yoink- and we get triple cap. Okay got it they are better then us. Suck but no problem with that.
my issue came about is when we're getting farmed trying to come out of the base they kill us so we say -Yoink- it and sit in the Pelican bay and don't try to defend and only kill them if they get close. They have ample opportunity to kill the core OR BOSSES. Instead the focus on on solely killing us, no boss kills no damage to core for 20 minutes.
That is not fun for anyone on my team. When they shove rocket hogs, a tank, and mythic weapons into our base enough is enough. We get it we lost. Just kill the core and move on.

Short TLDR: got farmed for 20 minutes killed my team desire to play halo - long term result is killing the community.
That's where I play differently. I'm don't sit back and try to get other team as they get closer. I'm spending reqs on whatever I can, even spawning reps, dropping them or getting out hoping my teammates will see and get em.
Save up your ghosts My opinion is those are the most underrated vehicle, and the needlers are most underrated weapon. I've had plenty if matches where I've made the other team hesitate giving my teammates couple seconds to get further out. You can't just expect to spawn halfway through the map immediately. Granted you still lose majority of the time, but occasionally their overconfidence becomes your winning edge. The map with the fortress in the middle perfect example. Hunters, other bosses just sitting there waiting to be taken out. The score can change dramatically if you take out 1 of these.Other team sees points go up. Then they start taking out bosses so you cant catch up. Ending the game. I can't say I've ever played 1 vs 12 but even with that you can make a team go after bosses with a Banshee spawning away from the core.
First of all, I find it very amusing that so many people on these forums decry the number of threads complaining about farming, but when someone creates one that is essentially suggesting a Presidential pardon for the farmers it becomes a trending topic. It is a double-edged sword, folks.

Also, please remember that despite their inaction, 343i has made it quite clear that they disapprove of Warzone farming: "...we do see that (farming) occurs enough that we want to find the right adjustments to steer all teams away from this style of play."

Now, please allow me to establish a few things:

• I am definitely a below-average Halo 5 player. My slayer-based K/D is below 1.0 and I have only won 44% of my matchmaking contests, but still thoroughly enjoy the game. In other words, I certainly have no problem with losing Halo 5 matches.
  • If your team crushes mine in any game mode (mostly Arena Slayer and Warzone), GG! I am a big fan of the game, watch a lot of the Halo 5 streams and tournaments online, etc. I know when I have lost to a much better team, shrug it off, and move on to the next match.
  • No, farming is not cheating, and obviously the game with technically allow you to win a Warzone match in that manner.
  • Yes, too many Warzone competitors accuse their opponents of farming when that isn't really true... they were simply defeated rather easily.
  • On the other hand, I do have an accurate perspective on the consensus opinion regarding what does qualify as Warzone farming. Basically, if you triple-cap within the first few minutes of the game, migrate to the enemy's home base, and manage to have multiple Spartans "guarding" inside your opponent's core room without taking a single shot at the core itself for an additional 15-18 minutes, your team is farming.
That being said, anybody who thinks that Warzone farming doesn't qualify for an Unsporting Behavior report in Xbox Live has a very strange interpretation of what constitutes poor sportsmanship! Some of the farming apologists on these boards have listed a wide variety of reasons for their conduct: pursuing the Achilles armor, working on commendations, padding their K/D statistics, or just "having fun." But a clearly superior team that intentionally drags-out a match so that it is 3-5 times longer than it could have been so that they can continue to humiliate the same over-matched opponents are definitely guilty of poor sportsmanship.

Weebbz wrote:
If you have a problem with it don't play. Simple as that.
And when people complain what happened to Halo 5's population, this is the answer.
I think the effect farming has had on Halo 5's population is overblown.
I don't. From my personal perspective, I know of several long-term Halo fans on my XBL friends list who will never play another Warzone match after they were on the receiving end of multiple farming incidents when it was at its peak a few months ago.

Admittedly, farming doesn't occur nearly as often as it did earlier this year but that doesn't excuse the horrendous sportsmanship displayed by the farmers themselves, whether it happened yesterday or four months ago.

tl;dr...
EGL Edits wrote:
Warzone "Farming" Isn't Unsporting Behavior
Yes, it is.
It is unsporting. It's like if you was playing ctf and didn't cap the flag so you could farm a power weapon kill comm on the map. It's not playing the objective, it's rude, it drags games out and it makes 12 people sit and be your punching bag when they want you to blow the core and let them get on with their day.
Stevo6483 wrote:
For starters, it's just a video game. If you choose to play in odd ways expect some kind of retaliation or consequence. I just want to play Warzone and not spend 20 minutes being spawn killed in one room. One of these geniuses said for people to quit, well I'm sure we'd love to but we'd get banned.
So I guess stop wasting people's time?
No.
Say 'good game' and get on with your life. Sucking it up is the toughest part of sportsmanship and it's the part of the discussion nobody here wants to face, apparently.
As for me...if I am you're opponent, I WILL NO hold back on you. Not one inch, not for a second. I promise. To do less IS CHEATING YOU. Making you think you are something that's you aren't.
If you beat me, I'll give you the props you deserve.
i get a feeling that Firefight is going to be just the thing for the bedwetters. But even in that, will you cry at the player that 'takes more of his fair share of kills'?
This is what kills games.
I'm just stating what I think about this situation. I personally hate being 'farmed' because it wastes my time. Clearly you read nothing and went on an attack. The salt runs wild with you I guess.

I'm telling the complainers such as yourself to expect flak from others about the way you play and for you to suck it up because it's just a video game.

For the record, Warzone is team based and spawn camping requires no skill so get off your high horse.
That's how losers talk.
Camping is another crybaby term for an area that you, due to your lack of ability, are denied.

What gives people? Losing sucks for a reason. It's so you won't make a habit of it. It's life's little feedback message telling you to eat your Wheaties.
Gives winning some contrast.
I don't understand why some of you are getting so salty over this... It's just a video game. Unless your going to make relevant debates stop harassing me. If your getting hurt because people are reporting you or avoiding you, you got some serious reality checks to do.
It's the sore losers who are reporting people for invalid reasons that need a reality check.
It's going both ways though, there was a post or two yesterday where this was discussed. Go back through the thread and look for " For a while we had a policy in place across several spartan companies to just report everyone on the opposite team at the end of the match" That's wrong too. I agree in fair play, and a loss is a loss, but when teams are spawn trapped and repeatedly farmed for kills "when they don't have to be" they're going to hit back with unsporting reports. If farming kills was the only way to win, fine, it's not.
It is unsporting conduct. They are ruining the experience of other players. Going for kills is fine, but not if you are inside the enemies home base totally ignoring the core simply so that you can get more kills.

If you have a whole team of twelve people with the intent of capturing all bases and killing the other team inside their home base then you and the other eleven people in your team are acting unsportsmanlike and ruining the experience of everyone you farm.

You definitely deserve a report for that.
You have earned every single one of those reports. You deserve all of them and more.
May you please read the terms of service and point that out for me, I do not find that if you dominate an enemy team without breaking, glitching, or modding the game to win is "unsportsmanlike". I played a Ffa match against champs and got 4 kills and died 20 times( really I did lol) should I report them for being better players? No, you people seem to forget that killing is also a way to accumulate points in warzone, whether if you like it or not they will use it as an avenue to winning the game because it is a legitimate way to ending the game. I could say you can leave, but then you'll respond with "I'll get banned!" Remember who complained about that the most, you guys.

I'm editing here for some reason(idk 2am) I understand and shall say it's not "cheating" but if players are farming and do not trash talk ect ect. I believe it's ok, they won so be it, move on and get over it. The issue here is that players who never go out of their way to send messages and move on without saying a word are becoming "avoid me". Many players are not taking this as unsportsmanlike, they have a tendency to report for other players for cheating even though the farmers did not. I even recently check enforcement for Xbox and found out that I received 5 reports for cheating within a week and I hadn't played wz for a week because I was playing arena, this behavior of reporting has seeped into arena as well. The big picture here is... Get over it. It is just a video game, farmers haven't been that big of a problem and 343 released a chart(or diagram with %'s can't remember been too long) showing the amount of games before and after Achilles that were farming games and the numbers didn't change significantly(almost none at all).(don't remember which update it was but it was a couple months back) if the farmers are sending you hate mail then go ahead and report them, if they don' t and move on, You should too. You guys seem to forget that on the flip side the players that have been reported enough cannot find games. Some of the nicest guys I know on h5 that run 12 man teams in wz can no longer find games because players blindly report them for loosing. This is ridiculous and childish, once more, this is a game... Get over it. I have left my too cents, if some one finds some things and clarifies (or corrects) some thing I said. Good job sir! You deserve a cookie!
Pi3 wrote:
It is unsporting conduct. They are ruining the experience of other players. Going for kills is fine, but not if you are inside the enemies home base totally ignoring the core simply so that you can get more kills.

If you have a whole team of twelve people with the intent of capturing all bases and killing the other team inside their home base then you and the other eleven people in your team are acting unsportsmanlike and ruining the experience of everyone you farm.

You have earned every single one of those reports. You deserve all of them and more.
May you please read the terms of service and point that out for me, I do not find that if you dominate an enemy team without breaking, glitching, or modding the game to win is "unsportsmanlike". I played a Ffa match against champs and got 4 kills and died 20 times( really I did lol) should I report them for being better players? No, you people seem to forget that killing is also a way to accumulate points in warzone, whether if you like it or not they will use it as an avenue to winning the game because it is a legitimate way to ending the game. I could say you can leave, but then you'll respond with "I'll get banned!" Remember who complained about that the most, you guys.
False reports get filtered through the system. A d it will hurt your account report accuracy which will hurt your reporting results and times
Pi3 wrote:

False reports get filtered through the system. A d it will hurt your account report accuracy which will hurt your reporting results and times
How does the system determine if it's a false report? Just curious. But even then amongst certain people, guy who gets 60 kills a game without teams(not mentioning his name for safety of false reports and to add he isn't a Blam! About his scores either) is now avoid me rep so I don't think it's an accurate system itself. Still just wondering
Pi3 wrote:
Pi3 wrote:

How does the system determine if it's a false report? Just curious. But even then amongst certain people, guy who gets 60 kills a game without teams(not mentioning his name for safety of false reports and to add he isn't a Blam! About his scores either) is now avoid me rep so I don't think it's an accurate system itself. Still just wondering
If you, or anyone you know believe their rep has been affected by false reports you can challenge it. The report system is designed to filter false reporting, if a player or players habitually report it will red flag. If those players have been false reporting, or been part of it action will be taken against them. It is entirely possible to get punished without doing anything other than false report.
eviltedi wrote:
Pi3 wrote:
Pi3 wrote:

If you, or anyone you know believe their rep has been affected by false reports you can challenge it. The report system is designed to filter false reporting, if a player or players habitually report it will red flag. If those players have been false reporting, or been part of it action will be taken against them. It is entirely possible to get punished without doing anything other than false report.
Huh, k thanks for the tip.
I think it is unsportsmanlike. I used to say it shouldn't be reported though because yes technically it's within the game rules to win by 1000 points by kills...... however one day when my team was getting farmed and most had quit out and there was like six people left on my team I was all the way in the back of the base hiding and a yoink on a ghost ultra came all the way back there to kill me. Well sent a message saying you guys have us way out numbered stop farming and blow up the core you yoink....now granted I shouldn't have added the you yoink part but they were being yoinks... well then their team reported me to Xbox and I got a one day communication ban.... so now yes I just report farmers. Reported some in btb tonight when I jip in a ctf game and they were just spawn killing and not even getting the flag. When like three players have double digit worth of kills and no one on the other team even has over 3 kills.... just get the flag and score it. Don't be yoinks.
Pi3 wrote:
So, what exactly is the purpose of winning by racking up 1000 kills then? or as close as possible?
You'd think that winning through other means is more time efficient.

It's also quite fun that you mention FFA Slayer, a game mode where the only objective is to kill the others, to a game mode with three different methods of winning, one of which is very time consuming.

There's a big difference between steam rolling a team but having the decency of respecting them, like ending the game fast, and steam rolling a team and then dragging them through the mud even more, like triple capping and then have all the opportunities to go for the core but not do it, or hold a flag and then draw the match out until the last second only to rack up kills.

I'll be mad at the game for matching me up with teams that win really fast, but I'll be impressed with the players and respect them.
I'll be mad at the game and enemy team if they can win really fast but decide to lock me and my team in an endless loop of respawn screens, mainly because I got matched against such players, and I'm not allowed to leave or otherwise I'll get banned.

You've won, why drag it out?
What's the point?
Naqser wrote:
Pi3 wrote:
So, what exactly is the purpose of winning by racking up 1000 kills then? or as close as possible?
You'd think that winning through other means is more time efficient.

It's also quite fun that you mention FFA Slayer, a game mode where the only objective is to kill the others, to a game mode with three different methods of winning, one of which is very time consuming.

There's a big difference between steam rolling a team but having the decency of respecting them, like ending the game fast, and steam rolling a team and then dragging them through the mud even more, like triple capping and then have all the opportunities to go for the core but not do it, or hold a flag and then draw the match out until the last second only to rack up kills.

I'll be mad at the game for matching me up with teams that win really fast, but I'll be impressed with the players and respect them.
I'll be mad at the game and enemy team if they can win really fast but decide to lock me and my team in an endless loop of respawn screens, mainly because I got matched against such players, and I'm not allowed to leave or otherwise I'll get banned.

You've won, why drag it out?
What's the point?
Even if you could leave they would report you for quitting, they're happy to make the losing sides experience more miserable knowing they cannot quit without penalty, but are unhappy when it's called unsporting, "scratches head at that" I agree, it is unsporting.
Its been in every halo from H1 on and it will stay in Halo till the end,
sure people dont like it but its just how some people play the game

And im sorry it happens to people .
Its been in every halo from H1 on and it will stay in Halo till the end, sure people dont like it but its just how some people play the game.
I understand the historical precedence associated with farming, but just because "it has always happened that way" does not mean that it is appropriate behavior. Real-life history is littered with classic examples of that.

Farming is condescending showboating. While it technically isn't cheating, it has tangibly hurt the Halo 5 Warzone matchmaking population and it definitely qualifies for an Unsporting Behavior report within Xbox Live.
The problem for me is the amount of time it takes when a team farms. I will never quit the match no matter what but if 3/4 of my team quits then its takes up to 45 mins to finish a round. I had one terrible experience that took nearly an hour to do because there was only 5 or 6 of us that didn't quit so it took forever for the opposing team to rack up the 1000 points. I even messaged a guy from they're team and asked them to just get it over with and destroy the core and they messaged back saying use better teamwork lol. Kind of hard to do with 5 teammates. Anyway its just as lame as it gets to farm no mater how you try to justify it. Doesn't matter what anyone says about it though because the people who do it will never care what anyone else says.
thats an example of true farming, those guys 'Deserve' to be reported. well, at least the one that replied.

ive had times where i was placed in a team of 11 players where inwas the random, and i just went on to get bosses (got 8 bosskills and 2 spartan kills). i ended up being 1st on the leaderboard, and even tho i was powerless to prevent my team from farming, i did get those bosses to make it easier on the enemy team. ( and yes my team tried to run me.over with ghosts because they wanted to farm).

and even in such a situation, i got reported as well. even when i did NOT participate in the farming.

you see, the entire rep system is broken. such a thing shouldnt be able to happen.
Xbox looks at all reports before doing anything against your rep...I doubt they would give you any issues if the above it true...just a heads up mate
It is unsporting. It's like if you was playing ctf and didn't cap the flag so you could farm a power weapon kill comm on the map. It's not playing the objective, it's rude, it drags games out and it makes 12 people sit and be your punching bag when they want you to blow the core and let them get on with their day.
I had that experience once on coliseum. 2 players left so i just found a place to hide and waited it out. Was quite funny watch enemy players run past on the motion censor frantically searching for someone to kill.
Just wanna add a point for something I noticed from those calling base camping "farming".

I can't help but notice many of your rants start, and breezes past, the triple cap. The lost bases that kicks off the buffet.

Why is that? Why do you just dismiss the evenly started portion of the game to talk about the base camping? Literally nobody but guys on my side, the level up/git gud side, are looking into that very important part of the debate. Why do you guys just up and skip that?

I ask rhetorically because I already know the answer. But let this be an opportunity for you to stop making excuses and see why our criticism is mostly tutorial tough love with a side of mocking.

It's not because we're elitist; I mean we're playing WZ ffs. It's not because we wanna 'be mean' in the forums. The literal answer to your issues is that critical first five minutes after you leave home base. Where there are no crazy REQs, exploits, or map specific imbalances.

Your problems are the result of what your team does in this time.
It's not cheating, but it IS unsportsmanlike. It's not illegal to run up the score in any professional sport, but the other team ain't gonna like it and they'll make sure you know it. However, on XBL the rep system clearly has reporting parameters for unsporting behavior, and this is where your complaints can and should be used if you really feel the need to. No denying it, farming has existed since online MM was introduced into the Halo franchise and this has happened across many many other games I'm sure. However, the biggest rage-inducing factors that make farming in Warzone so much more of a hot button issue, are the facts that (A) the matches have no defined time limit, and (B) the REQ system can make it nearly impossible to turn the tide in your favor. Let me give you an example.

Most of the time, when a farming team gets a triple cap and pushes you all the way back to your home base, chances are most players on the losing team are either not that good and/or are barely at REQ level 4 or 5. 6 and up is a long ways away. Now, when you've been triple capped you can theoretically don a couple of camo boosts and sneaky cap the bases on the other side while everyone else is focused on farming kills, but it's a complete crapshoot bc at that level you don't have access to the longer, better camo boosts and by the time your camo is done, you're out in the open and you're about to get splattered by that Hannibal Scorpion that just came out of the garage. And there are two Mantises and two Banshees flying all over the place. Nice try. Seems like a really unfair advantage where 'git gud scrub' argument doesn't apply.

Some potential solutions: I think a mercy rule should be instituted first and foremost. If the other team is up more than 600 points and are triple capped and farming, the game should end. Nobody should have to suffer through a half hour or longer of being unable to do -Yoink- because the other team is spawn raping you. Keep the XP and REQ awards as if a full game was played, let all the boost REQs take effect, just get them back into the MM Pool quicker so a more realistic match will be made.
I think if you are triple-capped within the first 5-10 minutes of the game, the losing team should be given an XP modifier to boost their REQ level progress, but cap it off at like REQ level 6 or something like that where you can then start using all the vehicles and power weapons you may need to get the other team off your back. At least it would give the losing team a fighting chance to push back.
They could also implement incentives for destroying the enemy core, like core destruction nets you an additional 10-20% XP and REQ payout, or maybe make it a REQ boost Gambit card.

Just some thoughts/ideas on how to naturally eliminate farming instead of wanting to ban players for actually doing it.
I'm sure everyone else has already said this, but sportsman ship can be an opinion. So yes, farming can be unsporting, there is no black and white to it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 16