Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone FF ruined

OP AD3adlyAssass1n

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
There's no way that I'm tge only one that thinks this but who else thinks Warzone FF was ruined by this -Yoink- respawn timer? At round 5 it tajes half a minute to respawn. I think thats bull and unfair. It seriously pisses me off
That was one of the original complaints about FF, but I don't think it's ruined because of that though. It sucks, but you just have to play smarter in round 5 to avoid needless deaths.
Yeah it was the easy way out for 343 to add a "punishment" for dying as some complained early in FF life how there was no down side to dying. I hate that it's automatic longer for every one no matter what. How it should have worked is been based on individual deaths. Like you get one death and after that they tack on say three seconds to the timer. It is lame how you can die once in the last round and be punished like that.
There have been so many times where I would've won the final round if I could respawn faster to help kill the last boss. But it is b.s. when you're shooting at the boss when out of no where and enemy comes from behind to kill you faster than you can react or a phantom or banshee unleashes hell upon you
I wouldn’t say it’s ruined, but it was definitely a lazy way to artificially increase difficulty for the later rounds
I agree with you as well. WZF could have been one of the greatest modes of any Halo game, but it was a lazy afterthought and turned out the way it did.
But it is b.s. when you're shooting at the boss when out of no where and enemy comes from behind to kill you faster than you can react or a phantom or banshee unleashes hell upon you
There's only a few rounds where you can get away without using a vehicle, but you should be using one if you aren't already doing so since they can take more damage and they have infinite ammo.
I refrain from using ground vehicles cuz my company needs ground vehicle kills on spartans. But I would use a warthog to counteract the banshees. Or I'll use some power weapons but again, you'll get killed out of nowhere and for some stupid -Yoinking!- reason, they despawn faster than you can respawn and go to your previous location. Now I love Warzone FF. But these things are what ruin it imo
There have been so many times where I would've won the final round if I could respawn faster to help kill the last boss. But it is b.s. when you're shooting at the boss when out of no where and enemy comes from behind to kill you faster than you can react or a phantom or banshee unleashes hell upon you
Or when your death was caused by an impatient superstar mad because they are late to the show and want your or positions so they do their best to push your vehicle into the boss or phantom's path. Being punished for either that or a straight betrayal is a total unfair buzzkill.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
But it is b.s. when you're shooting at the boss when out of no where and enemy comes from behind to kill you faster than you can react or a phantom or banshee unleashes hell upon you
There's only a few rounds where you can get away without using a vehicle, but you should be using one if you aren't already doing so since they can take more damage and they have infinite ammo.
Well, there is kind of a limit on how many vehicles that can be out at any given time. I think it's like, 5 or 6 or something. Not to mention, the final Mythic Bosses usually spawn in cramped areas where bringing vehicles in is surely a death sentence.

It's honestly just kind of dumb that you can round a corner and a team mate will run you over. Or you'll take a hit meant for them and not only do you lose your spawned gear because if it doesn't get picked up, it despawns in like, 5 seconds, but you now have to wait 30 seconds to respawn.
Ill suggest again that maybe the time remaining from previous rounds could be added to the final round. Not all the rounds, maybe just the 4th round.
It doesn't totally ruin the game mode, but its inconvient.
Well, there is kind of a limit on how many vehicles that can be out at any given time. I think it's like, 5 or 6 or something. Not to mention, the final Mythic Bosses usually spawn in cramped areas where bringing vehicles in is surely a death sentence.
I hardly ever ran into the vehicle limit issue and using a Wraith is the best vehicle to use for the bosses inside of the bases which can easily hit the elevated ones aside from the very top platform if they're completely inside of it. I die sometimes if I'm shooting the very top Hunters while my Wraith is already weak because I have to get on the ramp which makes my Wraith vulnerable to fire, but otherwise it's not really an issue.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
I hardly ever ran into the vehicle limit issue and using a Wraith is the best vehicle to use for the bosses inside of the bases which can easily hit the elevated ones aside from the very top platform if they're completely inside of it. I die sometimes if I'm shooting the very top Hunters while my Wraith is already weak because I have to get on the ramp which makes my Wraith vulnerable to fire, but otherwise it's not really an issue.
Do you play on Heroic, Legendary, or Mythic? Heroic I don't have the mentioned issue with dying in a vehicle, but Legendary or Mythic I might come close or straight up die. As for reaching the limit? I've had it happen several times, mostly because players get desperate to kill the boss and everyone starts spamming vehicles.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Do you play on Heroic, Legendary, or Mythic? Heroic I don't have the mentioned issue with dying in a vehicle, but Legendary or Mythic I might come close or straight up die. As for reaching the limit? I've had it happen several times, mostly because players get desperate to kill the boss and everyone starts spamming vehicles.
Desperation for kills is the number one reason for FF being completely ruined. Scout vehicles should not have been allowed on round one just for this reason. Other rounds, if I see someone having a flow, I leave them be and let them enjoy the moment. But trying to using vehicles to battery ram other players and their vehicles out of the way in desperation's for a kill, is a whole new level of ruining this game mode. It's why I go to to the hardest available, because they seem to finally get that this is a team based event and we all should support each other to achieve any semblances of a success. Examples, one dude went around me one time because he knew that I was using the hull down position on mythic. I saw how awesome he was, so I gave him some room to where we could both destroy the red and yellow Wardens together and in a timely fashion. The guys on the other side? They were struggling with just one yellow warden because they were busy the entire round trying to push each other out of the way so only they could be the star.
Dude I -Yoinking!- hate those -Yoinks!- that betray you or completely push your vehicle out of the way or completely block the way to the boss. There was this one time where these two -Yoinks!- were betraying the other players using a warthog. One was using the turret and the other -Yoink- was running everyone over. Finally someone pushed him off the cliff and he respawned in another warthog so I grabbed one and pinned him into the corner. I was NOT gonna let him go cuz we were on the 3rd round and everyone was trying to kill a grunt goblin. We failed but I was sick of this -Yoink- ruining it for everyone
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Desperation for kills is the number one reason for FF being completely ruined. Scout vehicles should not have been allowed on round one just for this reason. Other rounds, if I see someone having a flow, I leave them be and let them enjoy the moment. But trying to using vehicles to battery ram other players and their vehicles out of the way in desperation's for a kill, is a whole new level of ruining this game mode. It's why I go to to the hardest available, because they seem to finally get that this is a team based event and we all should support each other to achieve any semblances of a success. Examples, one dude went around me one time because he knew that I was using the hull down position on mythic. I saw how awesome he was, so I gave him some room to where we could both destroy the red and yellow Wardens together and in a timely fashion. The guys on the other side? They were struggling with just one yellow warden because they were busy the entire round trying to push each other out of the way so only they could be the star.
Desperation comes from panicking players who probably play WZFF because they don't care to play normal WZ or Arena (or any quick play playlist). Whether it's because they're not that great at the game or they're tired of being matched with players that just seem leagues ahead of them in terms of skill, or just because they're tired of whatever goes on in those matches, is up to them.

Most players won't panic, they'll pick a weapon or vehicle they think best fits for the job and they'll roll with it. Lower level players are usually the more 'panic' prone because of whatever reason. It's rare (for me) to see a high level player panic pop the highest Req tier vehicle available to them.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Desperation comes from panicking players who probably play WZFF because they don't care to play normal WZ or Arena (or any quick play playlist). Whether it's because they're not that great at the game or they're tired of being matched with players that just seem leagues ahead of them in terms of skill, or just because they're tired of whatever goes on in those matches, is up to them.

Most players won't panic, they'll pick a weapon or vehicle they think best fits for the job and they'll roll with it. Lower level players are usually the more 'panic' prone because of whatever reason. It's rare (for me) to see a high level player panic pop the highest Req tier vehicle available to them.
I got tired of getting betrayed on Slayer and in Grifball. Took me a while to finally figure it out that people will grief others no matter what. At least in FF WZ, I just have to watch out for the trolls along with the occasional AI nearby instead of both them and the other team.

I've seen both higher levels and lower both panic and intentionally grieve. You'd be surprised just how many get angry if one person is being more successful than them. What's the map where the two knights in red spawn inside where the generators are? There's a prime tank or wraith position. Saw two wraiths and one tank trying to get a dude out of the way who was there long before them to the point of knocking him out of it. They lost because of it. They were all above a 140, too. Saw another one where some dude melted at me for reasons unknown, and chased after me with a hammer even though I tend to stay out of people's way. We lost because he got in a wraith and was doing his best to stop the only vehicle there, my wraith, from knocking out the last mantis boss inside the base. When I watched the video to see what I did wrong with his POV, he killed himself by accident when a hog occupied by a soldier got to close with his light thingy cannon, and then went after me when I spawned a hog thinking it was me. His level was 138 I believe. The hog occupied was an ONI scout, mine was the tundra. How he was easily able not to know the difference between each or learn from his radar, is beyond me.

Anyway, I don't believe in narratives because what I see is just that, not a narrative. maybe you play on a team and that's why you don't see it.
LUKEPOWA wrote:

I got tired of getting betrayed on Slayer and in Grifball. Took me a while to finally figure it out that people will grief others no matter what. At least in FF WZ, I just have to watch out for the trolls along with the occasional AI nearby instead of both them and the other team.

I've seen both higher levels and lower both panic and intentionally grieve. You'd be surprised just how many get angry if one person is being more successful than them. What's the map where the two knights in red spawn inside where the generators are? There's a prime tank or wraith position. Saw two wraiths and one tank trying to get a dude out of the way who was there long before them to the point of knocking him out of it. They lost because of it. They were all above a 140, too. Saw another one where some dude melted at me for reasons unknown, and chased after me with a hammer even though I tend to stay out of people's way. We lost because he got in a wraith and was doing his best to stop the only vehicle there, my wraith, from knocking out the last mantis boss inside the base. When I watched the video to see what I did wrong with his POV, he killed himself by accident when a hog occupied by a soldier got to close with his light thingy cannon, and then went after me when I spawned a hog thinking it was me. His level was 138 I believe. The hog occupied was an ONI scout, mine was the tundra. How he was easily able not to know the difference between each or learn from his radar, is beyond me.

Anyway, I don't believe in narratives because what I see is just that, not a narrative. maybe you play on a team and that's why you don't see it.
I normally solo queue, if I end up in any team, it's occasionally with one or two friends at the most. Nothing more than that. As for your experience? We each have our own, hence why I said from my experience rather than in general.
Do you play on Heroic, Legendary, or Mythic? Heroic I don't have the mentioned issue with dying in a vehicle, but Legendary or Mythic I might come close or straight up die.
I mainly play Heroic, but I did a Legendary game tonight and I didn't really notice too much of a difference. I killed the Hunters in the base like usual with a Wraith. I'm sure Mythic is very different, but I'd just play a lot more conservative and get a new vehicle if it was getting weak.
I have to agree hands down. The respawn times are needless punishment. 30 seconds, plus the spawning on the other side of the map. Forget pulling out a tank or turret weapon you can't get back to the fight in time to do any damage to the boss. On some of the maps good luck finding where the enemies are spawning. Run around the map searching for the soldiers and level over or they've all been killed by the time you find where they are. One game I played none spawned. Everyone was all over the map in vehicles searching and there were no enemies, game over and we lost. Yesterday I got JIP'ed into a game 1 min left, barley had time get a weapon and get to the other side of the map to join the fight, "Game Over" didn't even get a kill and got a DNF, no points nothing. From now on I'll quit if get a JIP game, ridiculous.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2