Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Warzone firefight boss weaknesses guide

OP TattyBooJangles

As mentioned above here is the list of known req weakness on enemy types in firefight. This list has been created by me, TattyBooJangles. Please share just ask for a thank you (I am English so it thank you means a lot hahahah). Here it is:
Enemies:
Crawlers: Halo 2 BR
Soldiers: splinter grenades
Knights: DMR
Grunts: magnums
Elites: plasma rifle and melee combo
Jackals: BRs
Hunters: Charged plasma caster.
Bosses:
Ghosts: vortex plasma pistol (2 overcharge shots destroys ghost and drivers shield)
Grunt mechs: The Answer (3 people with them spread out focus on weak spots)
Mantis: BR for shield then Spartan Laser for health.
Lower Knights: splinter grenades and DMRs
Upper nights: Railgun and H2 beam Rifle.
Warthogs: Railgun on front wheels.
Air: Spanker
Warden: 3/4 scorpions spread out.
Elite bosses not in vehicle: needler
I would use a gauss or rocket hog to get the air out and because rockets have limited ammo but vehicles dont
I would use a gauss or rocket hog to get the air out and because rockets have limited ammo but vehicles dont
True but lock on for Spanker is much more reliable plus this guide is more for weapons, I am also be doing a vehicle one but it takes time. Thanks for the note though I will look into it :)

i I am just trying to make warzone easier for all. Just want to improve victory chances.
Warden one pretty much can't be changed haha. Weapons are not really effective with the mythic ones.
Promethean resists Covenant, is neutral to UNSC, and is weak to Promethean. It's ridiculous how bad the storm rifle is on Soldiers and how weak the fuel rod is on Knights so I've gathered that much. Carries to the vehicles too, because a Phaeton can down a Mantis boss in basically no time, while it can shrug off everything else.

The game really needs a Promethean tank... You can see them in one of the loading screens...
Tank beats everything!

On a more serious note, vehicles or bust. Ammo limit on weapons is too much of a con in firefight. I try to conserve my REQs, so I go for what will be most useful in the long run, not for what is the immediate threat. If my tank isn't effective against a particular boss, then I'll kill all the minions so they don't kill my team while they focus the boss.
Warden without REQs: SMG on the back ;)
If you can close the distance a Grav Hammer can be a strong counter for a ghost boss
Ultra wraith shots do lots of damage on wardens too
Rockets would be better for air than SPNKR in certain situation I think.
Lost at sauce
Please don't revive old topics, as that's against the Forum Rules.
Quote:
Do not spam. Spam includes but is not limited to commercial posts, single word responses, petitions, non-English posts, cross-posting, posts containing all-caps, necroposts and bumps (replies purposely made to move the thread to the top of the active thread list).