Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone firefight: "defend the base" wave idea

OP gic186

In Warzone Firefight, when the "defend the base" wave start it's a bit frustrating that every player is somewhere around the map, and when you finally get to the garage/armory the enemies have already captured part of the base.
My idea is to spawn some Marines inside the base, when the wave start, to slow down the enemies a little bit, so they can't capture the base instantly and spartans can get there in time to defend it properly.
I like that idea! The marines crack me up for some reason. I'd like to see them run around and die in Firefight. Although, a ten or fifteen second warning before the bad guys spawn in would be much more practical.
Really, all we need is notice of what the next round is going to be when the cooldown period between rounds begins.

I typically start sprinting for the armories/cores ahead of the round they pop up anyway, but some notice would be nice.
Great idea! I was thinking it would be better if all players teleported to the necessary base to defend, but this is much better.
Really, all we need is notice of what the next round is going to be when the cooldown period between rounds begins.

I typically start sprinting for the armories/cores ahead of the round they pop up anyway, but some notice would be nice.
Yeah, it's a good idea too. Sometimes you just die because the enemies spawn around you
A warning as to where the hell, and what the hell you are doing next round is needed
gic186 wrote:

Yeah, it's a good idea too. Sometimes you just die because the enemies spawn around you
Hahahaha, oh for sure. I try to bring a few buddies with me, but frequently it's a "just stay in the way and hold out until help arrives" type adventure.
343i logic:
Objective: Defend the Garage/Armory
Implementation: Lets spawn the enemies right away so they can capture the site more easily while the team of spartans is scattered around the whole map trying to regroup on the objective, and lets add bullet sponge Prometheans so its even harder to get there as a group

Objective: Kill (insert name) boss/bosses
Implementation: Lets spawn enemies across the map while the real targets aren't there yet, cause they need a timer of 10/15 seconds to appear, so that way the team of spartans has even less time than the already short five minute span of each round, because, you know, legendary and mythic bosses aren't hard enough to beat in 5 minutes, so we'll give you 4:30 minutes to do it