Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Warzone Firefight ... Pay 2 Win?

OP KAKKAKARROT94

Warzone firefight has been up for just around 2 days now and there is one thing that's become very apparent. I'm sure when it all launched you all found it "To Easy" right? Well at the start of it you all had you insane arsenal of Reqs? for the higher ranked players who have a lot of Req points saved up. This should really apply to you since your probably overloaded on reqs anyway!

My Point is, is it possible to complete Warzone FF without using any reqs at all. You can win normal Warzone without using them of course because you can easily kill players. BUT due to the extreme bullet sponge of the AI, it raises the question weather its designed so you NEED to use Reqs in order to win?

I hardcored the game mode and suddenly i ran out of high level reqs i was kind of usless? I kept winning because my friends had all kinds of crazy tools to beat them but even using things such as the sniper rifle, DMR, Shotgun, Scattershot. Not only does it do little damage, but it barelly phases them at all!! They just launch themselves right at you and game over.

Is this a ploy to get players to use there reqs fast so they are forced to pay for more gear so we can actually complete the fight?
I mean we beat it with just loadout weapons. You don't have to spend a single REQ.
I just stick with BR and DMR loadout weapons and pick up plasma pistols and needlers as needed i havent really had a problem win firefight im also usually first on the score board so i don't think so
As someone with a relatively large amount of options, I usually don't call in reqs. They don't have enough ammo to be worth it when you can reload your loadout weapons at any req station. The only thing I might call in is a plasma pistol to hijack a phaeton or a tank to kill the Warden. both are easy to get, an uncommon and a common req. Not really P2W at all.
It is called Warzone FF and not Arena FF so yes , it is made around req's. Knights in the armory require infantry co-op...Warden Eternal requires infantry to kills watchers that heal him...it is not made ONLY for req's...
You are facing AI? Who cares how you win, if it was against players eh maybe but even then its a stretch. I personally disagree with the idea that warzone is pay 2 win cause it means those that pay have a distinct advantage over those that dont which is false. The game rewords you enough that you can easily keep up with those that buy packs and even then the game limits the ability of players to use good reqs until late game. Even then if you dont dominate in the beginning you wont get there, thats with base weapons as well.
Warzone firefight has been up for just around 2 days now and there is one thing that's become very apparent. I'm sure when it all launched you all found it "To Easy" right? Well at the start of it you all had you insane arsenal of Reqs? for the higher ranked players who have a lot of Req points saved up. This should really apply to you since your probably overloaded on reqs anyway!

My Point is, is it possible to complete Warzone FF without using any reqs at all. You can win normal Warzone without using them of course because you can easily kill players. BUT due to the extreme bullet sponge of the AI, it raises the question weather its designed so you NEED to use Reqs in order to win?

I hardcored the game mode and suddenly i ran out of high level reqs i was kind of usless? I kept winning because my friends had all kinds of crazy tools to beat them but even using things such as the sniper rifle, DMR, Shotgun, Scattershot. Not only does it do little damage, but it barelly phases them at all!! They just launch themselves right at you and game over.

Is this a ploy to get players to use there reqs fast so they are forced to pay for more gear so we can actually complete the fight?
Most of the time I just use the Promethran weapons and my spawned weapons. I have tons of reqs, and refuse to spawn vehicles for obvious reasons.

But without the reqs it would be impossible to beat the hunters, they're insane.
The only REQ's that are super beneficial are the Tank, Wraith, and maybe a Ghost Ultra.

The weapons aren't really that important, and are just more added fun than anything.
I mean we beat it with just loadout weapons. You don't have to spend a single REQ.
I highly doubt you beat mythic warden eternal with load out weapons. I'm calling bs.
I had the feeling it was a bit P2W, too, to be honest :/

Without a tank or Wraith, it can be really hard.
Why do players make it out like you have to BUY reqs? Doesn't every one get req points at the end of matches? Am I the only one who gets req point boost and jackpots and saves points to get packs and sells back stuff to get more points? Am I the only one who uses his reqs strategically so I can build a nice inventory? It must just be my copy that allows it :-)
I highly doubt you beat mythic warden eternal with load out weapons. I'm calling bs.
Boom.
Boom.
Intresting example, 1 second left on the clock, and i'm sure they where all pushing themselves to the limit! Not everyone is this lucky? Playing with randoms and its challanging at best!
LethalQ wrote:
Why do players make it out like you have to BUY reqs? Doesn't every one get req points at the end of matches? Am I the only one who gets req point boost and jackpots and saves points to get packs and sells back stuff to get more points? Am I the only one who uses his reqs strategically so I can build a nice inventory? It must just be my copy that allows it :-)
You and me both brother.
Warzone by its very nature is pay 2 win. Is it the most egregious instance of pay to win? No, but it is still P2W. Grinding cannot compete with instant access and even if all those additional reqs don't lead to a win or necesarily make that player better, the point is that a payed player is still going to be better off than an identical player who has not dropped money on reqs. As for firefight, even though you can complete it without using single use reqs, you are not going to be doing it as quickly or effectively as you would using them.

Its unfortunate that so many people don't understand that P2W doesn't literally mean paying for a win. Just because you are not paying for MW2 Nukes doesn't mean a system isn't pay to win
LethalQ wrote:
Exactly. At what point are you FORCED to pay for reqs? Whether or not you're winning ff matches without reqs isn't really the point. I haven't spent a single penny of real money on reqs and my loadout and power weapons/vehicles are both around 100% completion. Keep what you want and sell the rest. It's a logical process that doesn't require any p2w. And to the people saying it's a waste to use reqs in ff, who cares? If that's the way you like to play why does it matter where you use reqs? Go play arena and use your snkr primes "the right way" or don't spend real money on a game that rewards true skill with in game points.
Old post
Please don't revive old topics thanks