Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone Firefight: Skirmish at Darkstar map

OP Strictcleave112

I am new to this game and I have been trying to get the Tour of Duty Achievement and this map has not even appeared once for me when I have been searching in both Heroic and Legendary Firefight Matchmaking (I know this achievement cannot be progressed in the Warzone playlist). Clearly I have done more than 6 unique maps but for some reason, its only counting 5 of them and I looked up which ones do count and the above map has not appeared whatsoever since I started playing it. You can check my Service Record and see for some reason, this map is not weighted enough at all in these two playlist for some reason and I have been playing the entire time. However I have gotten this map in the Warzone playlist to appear a NUMBER of times (well 3 currently) no problem.

I really don't understand why this map is not weighted enough and getting people to have to play even more than necessary (which should be a easy achievement but it isn't because of the map rotation weighting) to deceitfully keep playing until this map appears, when I have already done the other 7 in the list, which makes no sense (those are unique as well). All maps should be equally weighted but for some reason I cannot get this one to appear at all.

Can anyone confirm if they have played recently on the Heroic or Legendary (or Mythic) playlists if this map is appearing and I just need to play more until it comes up?
It appears. Just play more.
It will pop up sooner or later in firefight, fingers crossed for ya
i can confirm it......you need to play more
Jesus that just sucks it should appear easily. Guess its the same with the other achievements that are kind of luck based.
You should play more and enjoy the game
Sorry if I come off as if I don't like the game, I actually do find the game fun and I am going to keep playing it. What I don't like (and this is a problem with the Halo Multiplayer Achievements that go back to the Halo 3/Bungie days) is just getting certain maps to appear that are specific to achievements in multiplayer just to get the achievement at least. Obviously Map pack days are over but I have had bad experiences just wanting to complete the lists but these types of achievements are always lucked based in a lot of ways and maps never appearing at all because either that person in the roster doesn't have the maps. But I guess i'll have to just keep rolling the dice until it comes up.
Achievement is bugged. Just keep playing Warzone FF and it will show up eventually.
I was about to give up again tonight but after trying one more time, it finally appeared and got the achievement!
I am new to this game and I have been trying to get the Tour of Duty Achievement and this map has not even appeared once for me when I have been searching in both Heroic and Legendary Firefight Matchmaking (I know this achievement cannot be progressed in the Warzone playlist). Clearly I have done more than 6 unique maps but for some reason, its only counting 5 of them and I looked up which ones do count and the above map has not appeared whatsoever since I started playing it. You can check my Service Record and see for some reason, this map is not weighted enough at all in these two playlist for some reason and I have been playing the entire time. However I have gotten this map in the Warzone playlist to appear a NUMBER of times (well 3 currently) no problem.

I really don't understand why this map is not weighted enough and getting people to have to play even more than necessary (which should be a easy achievement but it isn't because of the map rotation weighting) to deceitfully keep playing until this map appears, when I have already done the other 7 in the list, which makes no sense (those are unique as well). All maps should be equally weighted but for some reason I cannot get this one to appear at all.

Can anyone confirm if they have played recently on the Heroic or Legendary (or Mythic) playlists if this map is appearing and I just need to play more until it comes up?
Yeah you’ll get stretches of map droughts of certain at some points just by luck, you’re just getting one at quite possibly the worst time possible. Just like everyone else is saying more
Yeah like I said already alot of the content in this game for multiplayer is based on Luck (and always has been in past Halo games) but its artificially luck based, rather than an actual roadblock like people not having the Map Packs, which used to be a huge problem in the old games. Don't want to get off topic (but I am making a point here), but even today the with the population playing Halo 3, Reach and 4, even with the Map Packs available for free, there are people that don't have the Map packs downloaded because 343 did not make it required now to have them downloaded (which really should happen, no reason to keep them optional). Thats been resolved with Halo 5 obviously (with no more map packs) but there is no reason it should be this lucked based if everyone has the maps. I tried for the last 3-4 days of sessions and yesterday out of all the Firefight games, Darkstar appeared for the first time, which is kind of unacceptable for an achievement that should be so easy to get. Same problem with Warzone (Vanilla) when I was trying that out and you know what? The original maps for the Warlord Achievement have not appeared once either for me, only the DLC maps that were included later on! Now I will be playing on that next but I get the feeling its going to be a slog just to get the maps but now I have to win them as well.

In my opinion achievements should NOT ever be lucked based, an achievement is something that is guaranteed to get 100% of the time but its getting to that point with obstacles in the way (that your striving for) that should be the challenge that is still within your control (like completing a Legendary Campaign), not something that you have no control over what maps appears and to play to no end until they appear at random. Even doing LASO is considered an achievement. I hope with Halo Infinite there won't be anymore Multiplayer achievements for your profile with Gamerscore, I think they should not be around anymore and replaced with in-game Multiplayer commendations or rewards instead (which I think is a good system already) and no achievement lists should be involved here. Achievements for your profile should be for single player only based content. Alot of games that shutdown there servers that are multiplayer based that have online achievements become unobtainable and can never be earned again.