Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone Firefight Wish list and Suggestions

OP PartyUpLive

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
What are some of the things you would like to see in Warzone Firefight? And what are some of the things you hope that they don't put in Firefight?

I hope they take a page from Gears Of War and model it after Horde Mode.

• At least 50 waves
  • A scoring system
  • Leader boards
  • Random Boss and Enemy Spawn and spawn locations throughout each wave. If every boss spawns at the same location at the same time every time you play, that will get boring pretty quick.
  • Ability to play Customs with the ability to tweak the settings with a ton of options.
  • Let those that want to play solo play solo. Though, to be honest, I doubt they will make that an option.
  • Utilize all of the maps that Warzone has. We are in trouble if they have to make all new maps just for Firefight.
  • I don't mind the REQs being in Firefight. They will more than likely be there anyway. Just let us use them like we do in Warzone and Warzone Assault. All of them. And let the REQ levels unlock based on performance, not per waves. Or a combination of both.
  • Bring back previous bosses and enemies. Since Warzone is a simulation , they can bring back any boss/enemy from Halo's past. Scarab, Flood, Brutes, etc...
  • Add Objectives like Kill The Covenant/Promethean VIP/General, Defend Generators, Restore power to bridge so we can cross to the other side of the map, etc...
  • Let us "spot" the enemies like we can in campaign.
  • Add the option to use different voices. But since that's really unlikely, let someone else, like "Lasky, John 117, etc.. do the voice over instead of Palmer. I like Palmer, but I hear enough of her in Warzone.
What are is your Firefight wish list?

Also, when do you think Firefight will launch?
March?
April?
May?
June?
July?
Or later?
Here's a link to a post of mine. Read the OP's post, then come back and click mine.
Link to mine
Link to OP's post.

This is what I want
I think these are some great ideas, but one thing that annoyed me most about Reach Firefight was how the AI's worked. You couldn't really pull off a defensive position, because all of the enemies would just stay in the same place they spawned, and never come close to the base. You had to actively seek out the enemies, and seeing that they are being dropped specifically to attack you, shouldn't they actively seek *you* out?
Regu1us 9 wrote:
I think these are some great ideas, but one thing that annoyed me most about Reach Firefight was how the AI's worked. You couldn't really pull off a defensive position, because all of the enemies would just stay in the same place they spawned, and never come close to the base. You had to actively seek out the enemies, and seeing that they are being dropped specifically to attack you, shouldn't they actively seek *you* out?
Yes. I think they should make it where all the enemies are programmed to find you instead of laying back when they spawn and you had to go looking for them. So whatever area your team setup, it will be constantly attacked so you will have to always keep an eye out for someone/something that might slip past your defenses.

With a little break in between rounds. to gather ammo, set up, etc...
I hope they add bosses that we can't usually fight. Maybe a Phantom, or even a Scarab...
I hope they make it more like ODST firefight than reach.
I think it should be just like reach's firefight. That was the best thing ever.
Elites were playable in Halo Reach firefight, so maybe that could happen in Warzone Firefight. Swords of Sanghelios allies could train with the spartans in combat against the prometheans and covenant. Maybe the other team could be player-controlled promethean soldiers (after all you could be a flood combat form in Halo 4). Cool as this may be, I think that it would be a stretch.
Regu1us 9 wrote:
I remember getting rushed by brutes and elites quite a few times froma defensive position
Most importantly, make it fully customizable like Reach, that way players can set it up however they want.

The important points for me would be:
  1. Have some "preset" game types, the most important one being "Halo: ODST" mode.
  2. Private matches
  3. Limited life pool
  4. Scoring
  5. Medals
  6. Skulls
  7. Bonus rounds
  8. Wave randomization
  9. Multiple "game end" options - time, waves, none (can keep playing till life pool runs out).
Everything else to me will be gravy. I just want a survival mode I can play with a few friends in the Halo universe. Halo ODST Firefight was the most fun, Reach was a close second with it's customization options (I think maybe what gave ODST the edge was better maps), and then Spartan Ops had the most "potential" but wasted it all with a lack of limited life pool ("survival" was guaranteed), no scoring, no medals, no skulls, no randomization.
DesPaws wrote:
Most importantly, make it fully customizable like Reach, that way players can set it up however they want.

The important points for me would be:
  1. Have some "preset" game types, the most important one being "Halo: ODST" mode.
  2. Private matches
  3. Limited life pool
  4. Scoring
  5. Medals
  6. Skulls
  7. Bonus rounds
  8. Wave randomization
  9. Multiple "game end" options - time, waves, none (can keep playing till life pool runs out).
Everything else to me will be gravy. I just want a survival mode I can play with a few friends in the Halo universe. Halo ODST Firefight was the most fun, Reach was a close second with it's customization options (I think maybe what gave ODST the edge was better maps), and then Spartan Ops had the most "potential" but wasted it all with a lack of limited life pool ("survival" was guaranteed), no scoring, no medals, no skulls, no randomization.
Firefighter definitely needs to be randomized. If they make it like Warzone where the bosses and enemies spawn at the same times at the same locations every time you play, that will get boring really really quick.

Spartan Ops for some reason it would usually lag for me. None of the other game modes in multiplayer would lag, but Spartan Ops would lag and people would just end up quitting. Also, after a while, it got really repetitive because, nothing was randomized. Everything spawned on a set time in a set location. It was fun the first few times playing it though. When it didn't lag.

I think Spartan Ops is another example of trying to reinvent a game mode instead of simply improving upon it while keeping it like it was.
One thing I would say that I for sure want is new cooler bosses. they for sure need to be randomly timed as well
All of these are great ideas. What if they increased the original player cap of 2-4 to maybe like 5-6?
All of these are great ideas. What if they increased the original player cap of 2-4 to maybe like 5-6?
A lot of people are thinking that the player count will be from 8 - 12. I think 8 is a good number.
One thing I would say that I for sure want is new cooler bosses. they for sure need to be randomly timed as well
Yeah if we have to fight The Warden Eternal every major boss fight that's going to get old real quick.
A lot of good points here, I like it!
My number one thing is New Firefight maps. I don't want to be playing warzone maps already in the game. Create unique maps for Firefight.
New maps, even taken from Campaign, I don't care, but not just the Warzone ones. Make it similiar to ODST and let me play custom games with just a few friends, not MM only but still award for REQs/ commendations. That's all I need
I like all those ideas. Especially the objectives. I would like them to add new commendations and achievements.
A lot of people are thinking that the player count will be from 8 - 12. I think 8 is a good number.
Possibly. We don't want too large of a team though, It'll be too easy for the players.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2