Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone is ruined for me.

OP EyeOfMorality

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
That's a strategy believe it or not, if you're competing for the kill you should try wiping out the enemies around the bend before you just focus the boss. Leaving them to attack the boss while you do the same just leaves you open for stuff like this to keep happening, you're gambling with those points.
Pretty impossible to clear the enemy team with the long range weapons that exist in this game.
Points should be awarded based on damage done.

Last hit just creates cheesy scenarios.
MattAF1 wrote:
itsJim4D wrote:
I think it's more interesting this way, ninja'ing kills keeps the game more interesting and can lead to some awesome comebacks. In order to minimize the threat of this have someone in the boss area keeping the enemy players away, you shouldn't be allowed the boss kill points as a given without having the area securely under control
The problem is that on two of the maps you can hit the bosses from almost anywhere. It makes it very difficult.

I think a decent fix would be to either double the points for spartan and normal ai kills or reduce the gold points down to 50 or 75. 150 is ridiculous and kind of stupid. We lost a game were we 3 capped and out killed by almost 90 kills and lost because the enemy team ninja'd two gold enemies. As it stands, it is really stupid how little it matters to secure bases when you can just claim one and then boss snipe. It is seriously that easy.
NO! NO! NO! You SHOULD DEFINITELY ALWAYS, 100% be able to win down 1-2 cap points but winning PvE ex--changes!!!! If you make the boss fights less impactful, then you turn warzone into a boring, run-of-the-mill FPS cap point (domination) mode!!!!!!! Jeebus, haven't any of you played MOBAS!?!?!! By making the boss fights impactful, now you make both teams have to make critical choices--we're winning, do we stop holding mid to kill the PvE objective/boss? How many do we send? (1-2 players just to harass the enemy team and leave mid D strong, or a good majority of players to ensure the boss kill but risk losing mid? Same thing for losing team--now's our chance to attack/hold mid if it's still early! Or do we go all out on PvE bosses in a desperate attempt to get back into the game, potentially risking getting 3-capped and our core destroyed?). All of these interesting questions, all the give/take strategy, ALL OF IT, goes away if you make PvE less points. 100% guaranteed. The game becomes a simple, mindless, boring rush to "B" ala destiny, cod, you name the game. Want one more bonus negative? Absolutely guaranteed the quitters are back full force if you lower PvE/boss point values. Halo Warzone is the first game mode I've ever played in any competitive FPS (and I've played them all, back to the original doom, Wolfenstein, and LAN party unreal tournament), where I have been down a ton of points but still said to myself, "ok, we can still get back in this!"--that my friends is the most revolutionary and brilliant gaming design decision since the original MW or original Halo. It is that impactful--I can't stress it enough--lower PvE impact and all that beautiful decision making and strategy goes away.
Way to miss the point completely. What I said is that the 150 points from a boss are literally more important than anything else in the game as it stands. The PVE bosses are too exposed that all the strategy you are talking about is moot when a player can hit most of the bosses from the safety of their bases with a long range weapon and steal a kill. On Apex, just cap East Armory and spam power weapons on bosses. There isn't any point in going for spire. There is hardly any benefit to capping bases. The only map in the rotation where capping bases and fighting the enemy is important is Stormbreak. Stealing two bosses is worth 300 kills! You logic is flawed in that there isn't any real risk to attacking an AI when it is so absurdly easy to just sneak the kill. I have played MOBAs. I understand how they work. It isn't about making PVE worthless, it is about balancing out player kills and map control with sneaking an ai kill.

There are many ways to fix this (i.e splitting points, making bosses spawn in enclosed areas where teamfighting for them would actually have a purpose, lowering gold points or raising the points given by silvers, adding a 2nd tier of spawns, etc). Warzone should make every aspect count. As it stands capping mid only matters on one map(teams are already cheesing Apex by just holding one armory and the home bunker while sending two people with power weapons to ninja down bosses). That isn't good design like you think. That isn't even bringing up the luck that comes from what people get in REQ packs.
Like some others have said I think it calls for some strategy, like making sure you are ready to attack when the boss health is real low, or taking out the enemies who may have power weapons/distract them. It makes these high value bosses more important, but of course it is frustrating to lose
It could be worse. My team lost a warzone by 4 points. The best part is that I got to watch 1 of my teammates in a ghost ram a hunter off a ledge, it died but we got 0 points for it. And that isn't the only match I've lost due to teammates doing stuff like that or pancaking a boss with a banshee.
It's a legitimate strategy. Go at the bosses with heavy guns.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3