Title says it all really. In my opinion the gameplay is pretty broken and could be changed for the better. Why do I feel this way you might ask? Well here's some food for thought:
- Spawn points: How many times have you purchased a REQ only to be spawned next to a pack of enemies to and instantly killed? I find it happens a lot, more than it should and at least once per game. To add to this I find myself frequently spawning on foot inside the vehicle spawn area on March on Stormbreak (Fortress point). Leaving me no option but to quit the game or jump out the bottom of the map when a friendly vehicle spawns.
- Leaving games: Not much to add really, the fact you can leave games over and over with little to no punishment speaks for itself.
- Unable to move during vehicle spawns: Why for the love of god did someone implement this? It's particularly bad on Escape from A.R.C (garage spawn). Time after time I've spawned on this point only to find someone camping underneath the window waiting to board you. Its quite amusing and frustrating at the same time considering there is little you can do about it. At least give us control over the weapons when spawning.
- Sniping bosses away: This has been covered over and over but to be honest I find this one of my biggest pet hates. Why am I going to waste my time, ammo and REQ's when I can simply hide in an obscure location (or even on the other side of certain maps) and snipe away the boss when he's low. It's IMPOSSIBLE to stop the enemy doing this considering the size of the maps and the amount of flank positions each map holds. If the points were divided up between the teams based on the % of damage done it would stop all of this nonsense and give an incentive for people to purchase higher tier REQ's. To add to this I've actually been credited with boss take downs without even touching them or even being alive. Several times I've been no where near a boss, shot them at all or even been in the general vicinity and been rewarded for killing it. Why? Who knows.
- 0 ticket bleed when holding more than 2 bases: Why even bother capturing either armories (or 2 points for the matter) when you can simply hold the central base (spire, garage etc)? The smaller bosses which spawn next to these side bases are only worth a small amount of points and you can still contest/snipe them away from a distance. If holding 2 or more bases caused the enemy team to lose tickets at a faster steady rate it would stop people camping a certain point (usually the middle central base) and force them to move about the map. In turn not only creating fights around the points but also the bosses. This also gives teams an opportunity to take back other locations or come back from defeat if the enemy commits too many resources to one boss.
- 1 person stopping captures: The garage point in escape from A.R.C is a perfect example and also ties in with the garbage spawn locations in warzone. Trying to take this back whilst enemies spawn inside and just off to the side of the garage is near impossible. Not only that if you do manage to start taking it only takes one person to walk onto the point to halt the progress. By the time you find them and kill them chances are others have noticed the point being taken and move in. Perhaps whoever has the majority of players on the point captures it would be a more sensible approach?