Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone is such a fail in it's current state

OP RevampedGhost

Title says it all really. In my opinion the gameplay is pretty broken and could be changed for the better. Why do I feel this way you might ask? Well here's some food for thought:

• Spawn points: How many times have you purchased a REQ only to be spawned next to a pack of enemies to and instantly killed? I find it happens a lot, more than it should and at least once per game. To add to this I find myself frequently spawning on foot inside the vehicle spawn area on March on Stormbreak (Fortress point). Leaving me no option but to quit the game or jump out the bottom of the map when a friendly vehicle spawns.
  • Leaving games: Not much to add really, the fact you can leave games over and over with little to no punishment speaks for itself.
  • Unable to move during vehicle spawns: Why for the love of god did someone implement this? It's particularly bad on Escape from A.R.C (garage spawn). Time after time I've spawned on this point only to find someone camping underneath the window waiting to board you. Its quite amusing and frustrating at the same time considering there is little you can do about it. At least give us control over the weapons when spawning.
  • Sniping bosses away: This has been covered over and over but to be honest I find this one of my biggest pet hates. Why am I going to waste my time, ammo and REQ's when I can simply hide in an obscure location (or even on the other side of certain maps) and snipe away the boss when he's low. It's IMPOSSIBLE to stop the enemy doing this considering the size of the maps and the amount of flank positions each map holds. If the points were divided up between the teams based on the % of damage done it would stop all of this nonsense and give an incentive for people to purchase higher tier REQ's. To add to this I've actually been credited with boss take downs without even touching them or even being alive. Several times I've been no where near a boss, shot them at all or even been in the general vicinity and been rewarded for killing it. Why? Who knows.
  • 0 ticket bleed when holding more than 2 bases: Why even bother capturing either armories (or 2 points for the matter) when you can simply hold the central base (spire, garage etc)? The smaller bosses which spawn next to these side bases are only worth a small amount of points and you can still contest/snipe them away from a distance. If holding 2 or more bases caused the enemy team to lose tickets at a faster steady rate it would stop people camping a certain point (usually the middle central base) and force them to move about the map. In turn not only creating fights around the points but also the bosses. This also gives teams an opportunity to take back other locations or come back from defeat if the enemy commits too many resources to one boss.
  • 1 person stopping captures: The garage point in escape from A.R.C is a perfect example and also ties in with the garbage spawn locations in warzone. Trying to take this back whilst enemies spawn inside and just off to the side of the garage is near impossible. Not only that if you do manage to start taking it only takes one person to walk onto the point to halt the progress. By the time you find them and kill them chances are others have noticed the point being taken and move in. Perhaps whoever has the majority of players on the point captures it would be a more sensible approach?
I can't help to feel if some or all of these aspects where changed in same way shape or form it would be for the better. I'm sure some will agree and disagree but in it's current state for me it's just rubbish and unplayable.
Title says it all really. In my opinion the gameplay is pretty broken and could be changed for the better. Why do I feel this way you might ask? Well here's some food for thought:

• Spawn points: How many times have you purchased a REQ only to be spawned next to a pack of enemies to and instantly killed? I find it happens a lot, more than it should and at least once per game. To add to this I find myself frequently spawning on foot inside the vehicle spawn area on March on Stormbreak (Fortress point). Leaving me no option but to quit the game or jump out the bottom of the map when a friendly vehicle spawns.
  • Leaving games: Not much to add really, the fact you can leave games over and over with little to no punishment speaks for itself.
  • Unable to move during vehicle spawns: Why for the love of god did someone implement this? It's particularly bad on Escape from A.R.C (garage spawn). Time after time I've spawned on this point only to find someone camping underneath the window waiting to board you. Its quite amusing and frustrating at the same time considering there is little you can do about it. At least give us control over the weapons when spawning.
  • Sniping bosses away: This has been covered over and over but to be honest I find this one of my biggest pet hates. Why am I going to waste my time, ammo and REQ's when I can simply hide in an obscure location (or even on the other side of certain maps) and snipe away the boss when he's low. It's IMPOSSIBLE to stop the enemy doing this considering the size of the maps and the amount of flank positions each map holds. If the points were divided up between the teams based on the % of damage done it would stop all of this nonsense and give an incentive for people to purchase higher tier REQ's. To add to this I've actually been credited with boss take downs without even touching them or even being alive. Several times I've been no where near a boss, shot them at all or even been in the general vicinity and been rewarded for killing it. Why? Who knows.
  • 0 ticket bleed when holding more than 2 bases: Why even bother capturing either armories (or 2 points for the matter) when you can simply hold the central base (spire, garage etc)? The smaller bosses which spawn next to these side bases are only worth a small amount of points and you can still contest/snipe them away from a distance. If holding 2 or more bases caused the enemy team to lose tickets at a faster steady rate it would stop people camping a certain point (usually the middle central base) and force them to move about the map. In turn not only creating fights around the points but also the bosses. This also gives teams an opportunity to take back other locations or come back from defeat if the enemy commits too many resources to one boss.
  • 1 person stopping captures: The garage point in escape from A.R.C is a perfect example and also ties in with the garbage spawn locations in warzone. Trying to take this back whilst enemies spawn inside and just off to the side of the garage is near impossible. Not only that if you do manage to start taking it only takes one person to walk onto the point to halt the progress. By the time you find them and kill them chances are others have noticed the point being taken and move in. Perhaps whoever has the majority of players on the point captures be a more sensible approach?
I can't help to feel if some or all of these aspects where changed in same way shape or form it would be for the better. I'm sure some will agree and disagree but in it's current state for me it's just rubbish and unplayable.
I am so tired of people complaining about the point system in warzone. It works great the way it is. If someone sniping the kill at the last minute is so easy and common, why don't you do it. It is a legitimate strategy. Why doesn't your team try to clear the area of enemies, or just pour enough bullets into the boss so that you are basically guaranteed the points by sheer strength in numbers, if you put 100 bullets into an enemy all at once, and your enemy puts one, you are statistically more likely to get the kill.
Now to address your other points in order.

I have only once had a spawn issue in warzone, so I can't comment very much about this

Life happens, would you rather have an AFK teammate, or a quitter who has the potential of being replaced.
Some people complain that you shouldn't be playing if you are going to be interrupted. 1. It is a game, I have higher priorities. 2. There are things I do not expect to happen, like my room mate calls and says he is locked out of the building and needs me to let him in, I would never be like "hey man gotta wait till the end of the match, even though its raining and your cold."

I agree with the bad garage spawn on escape from A.R.C. but the other spawns are all fine, March on storm break fortress is fine, and I don't think you can spawn in a vehicle at the spire.

I can only assume you mean losing points if the other team has all three bases when you say ticket bleed. Why do you have to kick someone when they are down? They are getting less points by not having a base anyway, there is no need to lose points.

It should be difficult to kick an enemy out of a position, and one soldier making a stand on their own has historically been important several times. If you are removing enemy, you must completely remove the enemy, not just most of them. That would be like getting rid of 90% percent of the mold in a house and saying you fixed the issue. you have to get rid of all of it if you want to solve the issue.
I do do it, nowhere did I say I didn't. I still find it a cheap and ridiculous concept that can easily be fixed for the better. Changing it to points earned based on % done not only forces people to use higher based REQ's but makes it fair on both teams. It also draws people off locations which are generally heavily camped (usually the central points on each map) and near impossible to recapture.

I'm not talking about leaving a game once every so often and a grace period should obviously be in place. However warzone is particularly bad for people leaving when it looks like your team is going to lose. Repeat offenders need to be punished more severely across all game modes. I can't remember the last game I played in either arena or warzone which hasn't ended up with at least one person quitting. Simply reading over the forums and from personal experience suggests strongly this is a big issue that's not confined to once off instances.

In regards to ticket bleed it would be more sensible to have it like BF4 etc. If a team holds more than one base they should be rewarded for taking control of the objectives. If your team loses all 3 then it's clear you are getting outplayed. Again this would not only create fights away from bosses but a more diverse game play. I can't help but feel the game is boring and stagnant between boss spawns and the same pocket fighting locations on each map.

But this is my point exactly and especially on the map escape from A.R.C. The middle garage point gives such a positional advantage and is it's the same for all maps. It's central to all boss spawns, and usually gives you a higher ground or the enemy needs to punch through choke points to over run you. This coupled with the trashy spawn locations makes it near impossible to regain a strategic point. How can you take a point when one person out of 12 can stop an entire team? The problem is also compounded when you have large structures (the fortress point) and marines spread over it in obscure locations.

Most of my points tie in with one another. Ticket bleed would stop people camping one spot (usually the middle base) and alleviate the bad spawn locations and allow teams to come back from losing a boss heavily. Further allowing teams to take back objectives more easily. Points based on % of damage done would also help with the quitters and making the game more even. It would also give people to an incentive to capture other bases etc to gain access to the higher based damage REQ's and to actually use them instead of stockpiling them or selling them.
i agree its very annoying.
Alot of very good points OP. I wouldnt go so far as to call it "A Fail", Warzone is still fun, but all these are critical problems that need to be addressed.

I also want to add something about the vehicles spawns, because vehicles that get borded are now more powerless than ever to do anything about it, and it's damn near impossible to avoid being boarded, now. People being able to so easily camp vehicle spawns for a free board is bad enough but it does not help with how minuscule the radar is now, and the fact that you cant use the splash damage from your vehicle's main canon to blow off attackers anymore. (And it's not like doing that was unballanced, since you also damaged your own vehicle to do it, and would get torn to shreds anyway by BR fire) Oh and the vehicles are still made of Paper Mache and fly to pieces under even light BR fire...
My only complaint with Warzone is the 1 shot kill on the bosses and that person gets full credit. That is my ONLY complaint. But I know 343 is listening so it will be resolved for sure hopefully within the next couple weeks.
It's only about killing the AI thats the whole game mode. Nothing lse really matters and that's frustrating to me. Make capturing the bases worth while. Make killing the other team worth while. If you want to win just go for AI kills
My only complaint with Warzone is the 1 shot kill on the bosses and that person gets full credit. That is my ONLY complaint. But I know 343 is listening so it will be resolved for sure hopefully within the next couple weeks.
Lol you think 343 is listening.
dt4824 3 wrote:
Lol you think 343 is listening.
343 has actually been doing an excellent job listening to our feedback in H5. Seriously. So yes, Warzone bosses will be fixed for sure.
Hey lets remove kill stealing - thanks.
I only dislike the kill stealing of the bosses. Everything else is good.

Do what I do and spawn any tanks and stuff at your main base and not the captured middle one.
I only dislike the kill stealing of the bosses. Everything else is good.
Exactly. We are just talking about for the bosses. It is currently the top complaint for Warzone and my only complaint for Warzone. Without a doubt, it will be fixed. Warzone is far from a failure, just needs a few tweaks, the main tweak obviously being the 1 final shot on the boss. It will get fixed.
Your opinion, I adore Warzone!

Kill stealing from Boss's i can admit is a pain but they have openly said they wont be changing that so i moved on and also try and steel them
I get sick of basically all that to, Funny I was just cursing most of these last night.
I would like to add that warzone needs more AI or there needs to be a warzone firefight like mode for people like me. That said i disagree with some of what you said such as the 1 person stopping the caps, i agree with that. Also the last shot gets the points on bosses i dislike but at the same time understand why it has to be that way (so the game can have come backs)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not engage users who are trolling.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Remove killstealing so bs like this doesn't happen.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Acez%20and%20Eights/video/12942284

That's me, btw.

• 1 person stopping captures: The garage point in escape from A.R.C is a perfect example and also ties in with the garbage spawn locations in warzone. Trying to take this back whilst enemies spawn inside and just off to the side of the garage is near impossible. Not only that if you do manage to start taking it only takes one person to walk onto the point to halt the progress. By the time you find them and kill them chances are others have noticed the point being taken and move in. Perhaps whoever has the majority of players on the point captures it would be a more sensible approach?
Well to counter being killed when spawning in with a req item, I find it easier to clear enemies first, then go to the req station to get your power weapons. Anytime I want to spawn something in would be a powerup like overshields or active camo you will have the element of surprise cause they wont expect an overshield or damage boost. So spawn in with power ups, sprint carefully to nearest req station for your power weapons. Chances are you're going to be spawned outside so don't take that risk.

Okay I would agree with you on that. Again I would try to never spawn in a vehicle at the garage. Only at home base. More cover and what not. Times i would spawn in at the garage is when enemy core is expose. Lets face it, who wants to drive from home base to enemy base.

Legendary bosses are to determine the tide of the game. It would make no sense if the points were divided up. Either kill the guys killing the boss or bring in something extra beefy.

Because in the long run, armories give you additional points. Even if its by 1, that 1 point adds up. 25 point bosses ensure it and armories act as a forwarding base. The central base is to snipe the enemies side if you have your armory secured. I don't understand the rest...

Well gee bring power weapons and vehicles. Like ghosts or gungoose literally inside the central base. Countless times this has happened, either I lost the central point or was close to. Shows you what power weapons and vehicles really do. Fuel rod is the best siege weapon. Low req level along with high rate of fire and powerful blast radius. Power ups help too as it increases longevity and gives enough time for teammates to be able to spawn back up.
A.R.C is just an annoying map in general.