Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Warzone loadouts

OP BlueRage05

hey guys, I’ve been out of the loop for a couple years , but I’m jumping back into things! Really enjoying H5 again. I was always a Warzone Junkie but it looks like some things have changed since my hay day. I guess I have three questions:

1: what is your preferred strategy/weapons in Warzone firefight, mythic and legendary runs. I haven’t had much luck running mythic with ransoms sadly.

2: in traditional Warzone, what are your “go-to” loadouts for vehicles and weapons and standard items (weapons and mods)? Best DPS etc

3: what is warlords? I’ve been playing solo so I cannot try it out. Sounds awesome.

Ill be looking for for your answers!

edit: I have over 90% of everything unlocked so I SHOULD have what you’re talking about.
1) I mainly just use the extra ammo AR and default BR until level 4 and then I'll use the ammo BR. I'll use the ammo mod until I get to level 6 and then I'll switch to wheelman. For strategy, it really depends on the round, but generally, I'm usually in a vehicle by round 3. If you need advice about a specific round, I can help you with that, but I mainly only play Heroic so harder modes like Mythic might require a different strategy that I'm not aware of.

2) Don't play WZ anymore.

3) Warlords is a normal Warzone playlist where only parties of 6 and 12 can go play each other.
I just wish it didn't take so long to get back into the game when you die. then other times you spawn right in the middle of everything to where you die again?! I haven't played enough. Do you ever get to start out with a power weapon? Sucks when you die and lose your vehicle or weapons. They need to stay on the field longer. You should be able to go back and jump on it unless it was blown up.
1) I don't really have a strategy for war zone, sorry. I usually just stick to what I start out with and just pick up weapons from defeated bosses or dead teammates.
2) My go-to load outs in the traditional war zone matches is to use the gunfighter magnum and assault rifle with the patrol case mod so I have more ammo and usually stick with that load out until level 6 REQs and I switch out the gunfighter magnum with the halo 2 battle rifle. I tend to use the warthog or rocket warthog when I'm playing with friends because I'm usually a good driver and my mate is a good man on the turret.
3) Warlords is what LUKEPOWA said it was
My go to load out is either recon don’t with halo 2 br with speed boost, or a stealth load out with a sound dampener for the br with the silenced pistol with the advanced radar spartan ability as it’s easier to detect Enemies And harder for them to detect you
My go-to Loadout is the H2 Battle Rifle with a Sentinel Dmr and the Speed Booster Armor mod

For Power Weapons & Vehicles I pull out anything that Aggressive or to play Defence, my playstyle I play tatically & I play smart, I try to keep myself under the radar

Warlords is pretty much Warzone but for a 12 man Fireteams
thanks for the tips guys.
I found that I dont use many of the power weapons unless I need a sniper or laser. Besides that I just use BR/DMR/Magnum. What power weapons do you find worth while? They need to add more scorpion cards to the packs when opened too! haha! I only have like 15-20 in total green/blue reqs and that will go FAST in warzone firefight
BlueRage05 wrote:
hey guys, I’ve been out of the loop for a couple years , but I’m jumping back into things! Really enjoying H5 again. I was always a Warzone Junkie but it looks like some things have changed since my hay day. I guess I have three questions:

1: what is your preferred strategy/weapons in Warzone firefight, mythic and legendary runs. I haven’t had much luck running mythic with ransoms sadly.

2: in traditional Warzone, what are your “go-to” loadouts for vehicles and weapons and standard items (weapons and mods)? Best DPS etc

3: what is warlords? I’ve been playing solo so I cannot try it out. Sounds awesome.

Ill be looking for for your answers!

edit: I have over 90% of everything unlocked so I SHOULD have what you’re talking about.
Here is my best load out for level 9 - Extra Ammo Magnum, Bayonet DMR, and Advance Sensors
THOM 2917 wrote:
BlueRage05 wrote:
Here is my best load out for level 9 - Extra Ammo Magnum, Bayonet DMR, and Advance Sensors
i havent tried the bayonet weapons. I guess if I am using a DMR I am not in much CQC typically.
Quote:
i havent tried the bayonet weapons. I guess if I am using a DMR I am not in much CQC typically.
Really? Then you're in for a big surprise when you go in for a melee attack.
Level 3 - sentinel BR and tactical Magnum
Level 4 - same but kinetic bolts for the br
Level 5 - h2br and sentinel dmr
Add bayonet and/or kinetic bolts to the dmr when possible.

I usually use random weapon req cards, but may bust out a blissful slumber, rain of Oblivion, or blood of suban.

Active camo when marine hunting, but I find I rarely get active camo powerups through req cards.
  1. Depending on the boss, I feel like vehicles can be key over Power weapons as they have infinite ammo. Spawning a Ghost Ultra can be more useful long term than the Answer. I use power weapons/vehicles pretty sparingly, but they are the key to winning Firefight games.
  2. My loudout strategy has shifted over time, but right now it's:
  • REQ Level 1 - 3: Assault Rifle, Magnum
  • REQ Level 3-5: Assault Rifle Increased Magazine, Tactical Magnum, Patrol Case
  • REQ Level 5: Assault Rifle Increased Magazine, Halo 2 Battle Rifle, Patrol Case for Firefight/Upgraded Thrusters for regular Warzone
I was replacing the Assault Rifle with the SMG Kinetic Bolts at level 5 for a while, but have left it at the AR as I prefer its aim assist range. I'm still messing around with it each game.
BlueRage05 wrote:
THOM 2917 wrote:
BlueRage05 wrote:
It is one hit. It’s a DMR Energy Sword combo.
Assault rifle extended mag and Classic BR with bayonet.