Warzone Marines are OP

OP Zebs 3619

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
even more fun when people hide behind them or all 3 stand right next to each other.

pls nerf.

Also im not joking, that shtuff is annoying.
Admittedly surprised by the AI, there have been times I've been sniped by Marines thinking it was enemy players.

I think that's preferable to them just standing around doing nothing.
They're only OP if the Spartans are also OP. Marines should be doing the same damage if they're using the same weapons . It's what always bugged me about the minions from Titanfall.
I think they should be SLIGHTLY nerfed. Not nerfed to completely useless, though. But they should be nerfed to the point where you're not doomed if you're facing a couple on your own.
I'm fine with it since its the only way to keep them from being useless.
Not gonna lie, I've been rekt by a few marines in my time. Sneaky buggers.
they are so over powered i make sure not to drive any vehicle near the enemy base. they will consistently rip it to pieces. A Single Marine will destroy my ghost in seconds. Something that would take my AR 5 magazines worth of effort. Its also a ton of fun, if you dont have a precision weapon since they will gladly eat a magazine, or if the marines lag and eat the headshot. Cause yay, you thought your good aim would save you, nope GO ___ yourself, prepare to get slaughtered. Or pretend to be smart and shoot them before entering a base. sniping the one on the roof, a grenade on the first floor. You think its safe, but Nope, all 3 have respawned seconds after dying to give you a warm welcome and likely a random frag grenade they never threw. Youll be so glad when Tommy No Thumbs walks in and 1 shots you, then proceeds to spend 10 minutes trying to turn around on 1 sensitivity, walking into the wall trying to find the door after he completely out skilled you. Or my favorite, you thought you killed them all, but 1 random respawned even tho you are inside the building , though you dont know that because they dont show up on radar when they are admiring the sunset. even if they move its just a single red pixel of death waiting for you to trip over.
The pistols takes them down so essy though. Tskes 2 secs to clear the whole base.

That said though. A few times I have run into a base to reload after winning a one on one and forgot those guys were there. :( Pretty embarrassing.
ShortySL wrote:
They're only OP if the Spartans are also OP. Marines should be doing the same damage if they're using the same weapons . It's what always bugged me about the minions from Titanfall.
Indeed
a good third of my deaths come from either AI either marines or prometheans .
ShortySL wrote:
Thats makes sense, but their AIM is just a tad to good. Its better than half the teams spartans some times. But at the same time, I like it because at least it does slow down the enemy in taking a location back.
I don't know what game you guys are playing but in mine they die with one headshot or a half mag of AR or a grenade.And I'm no pro player by far.
Zebs 3619 wrote:
even more fun when people hide behind them or all 3 stand right next to each other.

pls nerf.

Also im not joking, that shtuff is annoying.
Well maybe, you should be more strategic in your advances. Don't go rushing in guns blazing expecting no resistance.
for the record
http://halotracker.com/h5/player/zebs-3619/warzone

I am literally that guy stealing the enemy bases alone, then killing 5-6 freshly spawned humans defending my capture while the rest of the team is walking to their death playing dodgeball with grenades, heavy breathing cheeto dust into their kinets. And the most dangerous enemy is not the human players, but the Ai that will always be better support than any random spawning in my way.
I agree that the marines are wreckers, but I don't feel a nerf is necessary. Simply lowering their HP by 5-10% would most likely reduce their efficiency greatly, especially since there are times when the marines are a players only backup in defending a base
Really? The Marines are fine in my opinion, much rather them be a formidable force than a bunch of bin-men they've picked up off the street (which is like the Marines in campaign and it's never made sense).
It's ok, OP, tell us where the Marines touched you.

Seriously though, I prefer them to having worthless AI.
step 1: walk into base
step 2: shoot marines in the head (three shots, three kills)
step 3: profit

Marines can cause problems when ignored, but they go down easy, and don't seek cover... pop em in the head, or melee them quickly, and problem solved.
The marines are great!!! I love it when I take down an enemy players shields but die and still get the kill when they finish them off. So embarrassing for both of us.
Ramir3z77 wrote:
Admittedly surprised by the AI, there have been times I've been sniped by Marines thinking it was enemy players.

I think that's preferable to them just standing around doing nothing.
Agreed. This is one of the only things I think Warzone does well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4