Warzone Marines are OP

OP Zebs 3619

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I like 'em. One headshot with the BR is an insta-kill, so as long as you can aim, you will 90% of the time come out alive after killing all 3 defensive marines. At least now they aren't just cannon fodder
Finally we get Marines that aren't useless and of course someone complains about it.
HAHAHAHA THIS IS A REAL -Yoinking!- POST HOLY -Yoink- HAHAHAHAHA
I don't think the AI is good, per se. I think their weapon damage is just stupidly insane.
Really? The marines are perfect. They die fast and easy if you know what you are doing but can deal some good damage that if forgot one he can make you pay for it.
Zebs 3619 wrote:
even more fun when people hide behind them or all 3 stand right next to each other.

pls nerf.

Also im not joking, that shtuff is annoying.
Just try to use a precision weapon such as the battle rifle or DMR and get headshots. It's not that hard. Just be quick.
Knaackman wrote:
step 1: walk into base
step 2: shoot marines in the head (three shots, three kills)
step 3: profit

Marines can cause problems when ignored, but they go down easy, and don't seek cover... pop em in the head, or melee them quickly, and problem solved.
Not so much. Often the Marine are standing either out of the line of sight or in a doorway watching a path. If they are watching a path, you can expect them to snipe at you with their assault rifle and throw grenades. which will alert people like myself to help the marines. that marine needs to die, but they will respawn inside the base.

On Apex, if you attack the spire by jumping from the rocks, expect the whole front of the base to see you. if you climb the side ramps, expect the front to see you and marines behind you to see you. if you sneak up the stairs, you better hope they are moving, cause they can be standing on either side of the door. 1 marine can kill you, better hope 2 arent standing there. Tho its usually defended by human players, so while you are fighting them, if you strafe to the left or right to look down the long side of the spire, the front marines will see you. If you try to pick off the marines before entering the capture zone, they will all respawn as a unit at the front left.

on Arc, ive literally seen them hiding above the stairs standing on air ducts. while driving around the base, if you get to close to the doors, they will shred your vehicle.

but again, since they are so tiny and their radar signature nearly non existent, they can pretty much be anywhere. And since they inhabit bases where human players spawn, its rarely just Me vs Marines. its me vs Marines + 6 people that now think its a great idea to defend the base they left wide open. And the Marines are the bigger threat. If I leave the base for any reason or Jump to high on top of the base, they will all respawn. (i also think players should not be allowed to spawn as frequently or close if im stealing their base, thats plain nonsense.)
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa
They are perfect for warzone, changing them would tip the scales too far in our favor.
.... What? Marines die in 1 shot. Literally. You can literally walk in and kill all three of them before you even lose a quarter of your shields.

I honestly can't believe this is a complaint lol and I'm not even trying to be mean.
Zebs 3619 wrote:
Knaackman wrote:
step 1: walk into base
step 2: shoot marines in the head (three shots, three kills)
step 3: profit

Marines can cause problems when ignored, but they go down easy, and don't seek cover... pop em in the head, or melee them quickly, and problem solved.
Not so much. Often the Marine are standing either out of the line of sight or in a doorway watching a path. If they are watching a path, you can expect them to snipe at you with their assault rifle and throw grenades. which will alert people like myself to help the marines. that marine needs to die, but they will respawn inside the base.

On Apex, if you attack the spire by jumping from the rocks, expect the whole front of the base to see you. if you climb the side ramps, expect the front to see you and marines behind you to see you. if you sneak up the stairs, you better hope they are moving, cause they can be standing on either side of the door. 1 marine can kill you, better hope 2 arent standing there. Tho its usually defended by human players, so while you are fighting them, if you strafe to the left or right to look down the long side of the spire, the front marines will see you. If you try to pick off the marines before entering the capture zone, they will all respawn as a unit at the front left.

on Arc, ive literally seen them hiding above the stairs standing on air ducts. while driving around the base, if you get to close to the doors, they will shred your vehicle.

but again, since they are so tiny and their radar signature nearly non existent, they can pretty much be anywhere. And since they inhabit bases where human players spawn, its rarely just Me vs Marines. its me vs Marines + 6 people that now think its a great idea to defend the base they left wide open. And the Marines are the bigger threat. If I leave the base for any reason or Jump to high on top of the base, they will all respawn. (i also think players should not be allowed to spawn as frequently or close if im stealing their base, thats plain nonsense.)
I'm sorry man, but you're complaining about going into a base solo against three marines and 2+ Spartans and surprised you died? Marines hit hard, but go down super easy. I've logged 31 hours of Warzone, and haven't once thought the Marines were OP. They have killed me, but usually because i was dumb, or as you pointed out, outnumbered. I can't count the times I've assaulted an empty base and wiped out all three marines without taking a shot. Solid aim with a precision weapon is the solution... can't handle that? Perhaps halo isn't a good fit, cause headshots are a touch important.
well, halo tracker says in warzone i have
2.29 kd, 3.09 k+a/d, and average around 30 kills a game while i steal all the bases.

I cant wait for BTB, where there arent any marines. :3 my kd is going to go up.
They are on legendary difficulty. xD
Just shoot them in the head then there really easy to kill and I actually like them because it helps u defend the base where no one is at because some people just go and take over base behind u
yeah i have never had any real problems with the marines that were not caused by my stupidity...

and 80% of the time i just rush in once i have confirmed there are no players...

oh and at least 60% of the time i kill 1 or 2 marines that were just standing in the door way with snipes from across the map using a BR...

i have killed marines in the garage of ARC from inside the tunnel using the back of a warthog... the AI is wonderfully stupid and just stands there letting you get a good shot.
Headshots take them down easy, just pretend they are zombies.
If they were nerfed, they would be completely useless, and then what would be the point?

Not sure if you want their guns to do less damage? It's the same guns everyone else has. They are supposed to help.
Nope, not even one.

No one is asking to nerf enemy AI, why should marines be nerfed? Because they caught you by surprise??? They are one shot kill AI players... Literally, these guys are grunts with AR's...
Have more respect for the abilities of the marines , the ODST's certainly can hold their own.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4